Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an offer for LSE and I wanted to know what the cheapest accomodation would be for a single ensuite room?
    Also in your experiences which is the most social hall and which is the newest furnished/has the best facilities??
    Also I want somewhere with a mix of people, not just predominantly the typical stereotypes that go to LSE (no offence intended)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it must be Rosebury (Myddelton Wing, the Rosebery Avenue one is all shared bathroom) I dont know why its weirdly cheap, and location is not bad.. actually iam definitely applying for that

ReputationRep:
    when you apply for rosebery avenue can u specifically ask for myddelton wing??
    also when are applications open because i want to apply asap.. is it online or by post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoopyx)
    when you apply for rosebery avenue can u specifically ask for myddelton wing??
    also when are applications open because i want to apply asap.. is it online or by post?
    Im not sure about that maybe we can ask somebody who's already there. I guess the odds are not good so it depends on luck. we wont know until we see the form.
    since it's a form i think it will be by post?

also there's really no point in doing that early as long as you meet the deadline , you can read the allocation policy.

ReputationRep:
    allocation is by lottery after the deadline, so every1 gets a random chance at their prefferences
    so applying early isnt gona benefit u in any way
    unless u apply after the deadline which gives a disadvantage

lol u might be wondering how i know all about this
    well i read up on a lot after i got my offer in nov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussain92)
    allocation is by lottery after the deadline, so every1 gets a random chance at their prefferences
    so applying early isnt gona benefit u in any way
    unless u apply after the deadline which gives a disadvantage

lol u might be wondering how i know all about this
    well i read up on a lot after i got my offer in nov
    exactly what i am saying! although the lottery thing is a damn
    so whats your offer and where do you prefer to live?
    judging from your name, you are from middle east?

ReputationRep:
    what happens if you don't want to live there for 40 weeks but they allocate you to a hall that means you pay for 40 weeks?? I only want 31 weeks such as Rosebery, Carr-Saunders..

ReputationRep:
    what happens if you don't want to live there for 40 weeks but they allocate you to a hall that means you pay for 40 weeks?? I only want 31 weeks such as Rosebery, Carr-Saunders..
    you can rent it away.. like to me coz Im overseas and I definitely need more than 31 weeks..

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm a first year econ student at the LSE, and also the new president at Carr-Saunders hall.

I notice the title of the thread is 'for single en suite'. At Saunders we don't have en suites, but once you're here you don't even take it into consideration. Literally nobody is that bothered because it just becomes the norm. Toilets and shower facilities are never more than a few paces away and in terms of cost, it's extremely cheap @ £103p/w (this year). In my opinion the best 2 halls are Carr-Saunders and Rosebery, although Bankside, despite its location has a lot of residents, and High Holborn arguably has the advantage of its location.

Take a look at our Carr-Saunders facebook page for more info. We'll be creating a new one for 2010/2011 in the near future. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Is it actually possible to rent rooms over the holidays if they are not needed - are there any rules against this/do people do it anyway??

ReputationRep:
    Is it actually possible to rent rooms over the holidays if they are not needed - are there any rules against this/do people do it anyway??
    i dont know about the rules but ive seen lots of ads about it. i guess the halls would not mind as long as they are paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ritho)
    exactly what i am saying! although the lottery thing is a damn
    so whats your offer and where do you prefer to live?
    judging from your name, you are from middle east?
    hi sry for the late reply
    ya im from the ME
    i got 3 As for maths+econ
    preference seems to be with bankside hbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussain92)
    hi sry for the late reply
    ya im from the ME
    i got 3 As for maths+econ
    preference seems to be with bankside hbu?
    im kinda reluctant to live across the river so i guess bankside is gonna be my 3rd preference? rosebery definitely goes first

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.