Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, are you feeling excited and/or nervous about going to a big school and possibly moving out and living independently?

I must say I terribly excited but also very nervous about suddenly packing and moving out. However, I do feel it's about time I moved out being 21 and all that. Though sadly, I can't get rid of these annoying butterflies

How do you feel right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    So, are you feeling excited and/or nervous about going to a big school and possibly moving out and living independently?

I must say I terribly excited but also very nervous about suddenly packing and moving out. However, I do feel it's about time I moved out being 21 and all that. Though sadly, I can't get rid of these annoying butterflies

yep im well excited i cant wait.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to university. Now.

As much as I'm glad I didn't apply to university last year, as I don't think I was ready and I've had the chance to do a bit of travelling, at the same time I'm so fed up of being around here and going to Sixth Form. I just want to be independent and studying the subject I love and meeting loads of new people, and all of that stuff isn't really possible when you're stuck at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    I want to go to university. Now.

As much as I'm glad I didn't apply to university last year, as I don't think I was ready and I've had the chance to do a bit of travelling, at the same time I'm so fed up of being around here and going to Sixth Form. I just want to be independent and studying the subject I love and meeting loads of new people, and all of that stuff isn't really possible when you're stuck at home.
    Another reason to for my choice to go. I'm just overly excited. I really can't wait to move into my own place and meet new people etc. The option of booze is appealing but I'm gonna cut down on my drink beginning 2 weeks ago.

I didn't apply last year because, to be honest, I've only just realised what I want to do as a career - be an English teacher and writer of books.

ReputationRep:
    Another reason to for my choice to go. I'm just overly excited. I really can't wait to move into my own place and meet new people etc. The option of booze is appealing but I'm gonna cut down on my drink beginning 2 weeks ago.

I didn't apply last year because, to be honest, I've only just realised what I want to do as a career - be an English teacher and writer of books.
    Nice to meet someone else who's had a gap year and who also didn't apply first time round! It seems most people on a gap year applied and then changed their minds, but I, like you, wasn't sure what I wanted to do and it seemed silly to apply not knowing that.

Plus my AS grades were appalling. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I actually took about three years gap. I was on the dole for two and was just depressed until I realised what I wanted to do and hopped onto Access and I'm all good now.

Really can't wait though. Gonna be three years of fun*

*Known to some as "Sex, drugs and rock n' roll"

ReputationRep:

I'm the same. Very excited, but I'm worried that I'm going to miss my parents too much! Also, if I don't get my firm I'm going to be 4-5 hours away from home :O That is sooo far away, which means less frequent visits It's scary!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big mix of feelings...
    Thing is, I know that as soon as I leave here for Uni, there's nothing for me to come back to, apart from my parents.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Uni... dropped out as the course was terrible. and now I am applying to go back as i just miss the independence so much its unbearable

ReputationRep:
    VERY excited! I mean don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed Sixth Form quite a lot, but as I've been at my current school since Year 7, for about 7 years by the end of Upper Sixth.

Just looking forward to a fresh start, focusing on 1 subject that I really want to do! (not to mention the general freedom!) Though I do admit I feel nervous a tad when I think about it a lot, being seperated from my close friends after all of these years will be hard (and of course my family). But I feel confident I'll make new'ens and settle in after a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I don't give one.
    Really apathetic about the whole thing.
    I'll just turn up and start the bleedin' course, and hopefully finish it some day too

Best trick with butterflies is to throw your Deku Stick far away over the horizon.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You'll probably only understand that if you've played Ocarina of Time

ReputationRep:
    I'm slightly nervous as even the think of ucas is making feel queasy, i only just applied and sent my application on the 15th January at 11:50pm. Didn't realise the extended deadline till late and didn't want to take my chances. But generally now i am taking my mind of it and looking at accomodation, working out my finances and improving my stamina.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to go to Uni. I'd start now if I could.

I was going to go in September, but I didn't get the grades, and by the time my firm university told me I'd been rejected it was too late to enter Clearing.

So I've reapplied and have an unconditional for this September.

I really miss the academic work, as I'm now on a gap year and have nothing to do. I get annoyed when my friends who went to uni complain about it, because they should be grateful that they actually got in somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't wait. School and what I do there has just become massively restricting and limited, I'm fed up of being held back by subjects I'm not interested in.

Just feel like I'm ready to move on with my life, start a new chapter and all that jazz.

But first to meet the grades I need. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Im nervous because I am going straight into 3rd year because im doing a HND course at college so im really worried everyone will have their group of friends which may make it hard to make new friends. I am also a bit worried if I need to move away and get into differnt unis as my friends so i'll need to live with complete strangers!:eek: I can't wait for uni though but going straight into 3rd year is going to be a tad scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I was going to go in September, but I didn't get the grades, and by the time my firm university told me I'd been rejected it was too late to enter Clearing.
    Happened to me too well actually I suppose I might have been able to enter clearing, but by then it would have been pretty late in the process and I thought I'd just cut my losses and reapply!

Anyway, I'm definitely excited to go to uni - far more so than I was last year! But that might be because my offers are unconditional now so I don't have to worry about tempting fate.

My only concern is how I'll fit back into full time education after a gap year but that'll be fine I reckon, plus I've lived on my own in Paris for the last 3 months so hopefully that's prepared me for independent living

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    School and what I do there has just become massively restricting and limited, I'm fed up of being held back by subjects I'm not interested in.
    Exactly! I'd be sitting in Biology learning about the stages of photosynthesis and I'd be thinking: "I'm never going to need this in my future degree/career. What's the point?" Except I needed a science subject and that was the most relevant.

(Original post by AdHock)
    Anyway, I'm definitely excited to go to uni - far more so than I was last year! But that might be because my offers are unconditional now so I don't have to worry about tempting fate.
    Tell me about it! Last year I was so nervous ALL the time, and it didn't help that I didn't know whether it'd got in on results day like everyone else! It's good to have unconditionals because you can get it organised in your head about stuff like finance and accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    Tell me about it! Last year I was so nervous ALL the time, and it didn't help that I didn't know whether it'd got in on results day like everyone else! It's good to have unconditionals because you can get it organised in your head about stuff like finance and accommodation.
    Yes, everything is so much simpler! Last time I found it really hard to focus on decisions about accommodation, finance etc because every time I thought about it I'd just start thinking about the exams. And I was petrified about tempting fate (but that's just what supporting Bristol City does to you!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    I really can't wait. School and what I do there has just become massively restricting and limited, I'm fed up of being held back by subjects I'm not interested in.

Just feel like I'm ready to move on with my life, start a new chapter and all that jazz.

But first to meet the grades I need. :sigh:
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    Well I've managed to get rid of this nervous and excitement together. I've just focused on work and looking for accommodation and now I just can't wait to start in September. I'm just getting worried about these Sociology essays I have. I've got something like a week to write 2 600 word things =/

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.