Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i have appled to 5 unis for an education BEd course, i want to be a teacher.
    Out of my 5 uni choices i really only want to goto derby uni.I've just had my interview and they changed my course and offered me an uncondiontal place for education studies BA (hons).I feel stuck i want to say yes becasue of that uni but i feel i should go to other interviews at my other unis incase i get on my original course but then again the education studies is only 3 years and i can become a teacher through that route its just different to the one planned.Could anyone offer any advice on this, i really dont know what to do? Should i go to derby and do a differnt course? or go another uni even though i really want to go to derby?

ReputationRep:
    First, don't make any rushed decisions. Wait for all other decisions first, you have weeks to figure this out.
    Basically, the calculation you have to make is a pretty common one, choosing between the place you like most and the course you like most. It's a hard choice, no one can really anwser it for you. I'd say look where the difference is biggest: how much more do you like Derby then other uni's, how much do you prefer a BEd over a BA.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, wait for all the decisions. Where else have you applied and have you been to any other interviews/open days at these other choices?
    I really wanted to go to York St John last year or at least stay in the Yorkshire area (I applied to YSJ, Huddersfield, Sheff Hallam, BG Uni College in Lincoln and Worcester) near my family but the only offer I got was Worcester for the course I applied for. I went for this and love it even though I am further away from Yorkshire. The course is hard work but excellent!

Only you can make the decision but I would seriously think about going and doing the course you applied for if you get an offer from elsewhere. This is presuming you have a good look round the uni on the interview day and feel like you would be happy there for 3 years!
    The Ba/Bed QTS courses are great (well the one I am doing is!) and it would mean you wouldn't need to apply for and do a PGCE after your Education Studies degree.

ReputationRep:
    Just take the time and think about it!

My first choice uni turned me down but offered me Early Childhood Studies instead; everywhere else offered me the BA Primary. I decided to take the first choice's offer and have just been accepted to do the PGCE there, so it's up to you if you want to try for that!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.