Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recently I have been feeling really lonely and like I have no one to talk to. I was supposed to go to Uni in September but didn't get the grades, I still had my old schools "friends" to see however they were never really friends to me, and all stopped talking to me when I didn't get into Uni. I'm reapplying but I'm finding it hard to get by without having anyone to talk to other than my family. Also not having a boyfriend for a while, I have no one close to talk to.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, don't worry i'm sure you will make lots of close friends at uni. Your friends are horrible for not talking to you just because you didn't get in
    Try joining clubs and volunteer work? or make friends with people you work with (if you have a job)

ReputationRep:
    your jus in a m8 drought....lol

i was few years ago, reli had nobody for a while, it didnt reli bug me til it jus got boring... thats when i felt lonley. but as aways you will bump into people through life. you may even see old friends again and start the friendship all over. its not for ever.

ReputationRep:
    First off, get POSITIVE
    So...you didn't get the grades..f*** that, you got a surprise gap year! And what do you think of when you think of a gap year? Kay so you might not be off backpacking in Australia but getting a decent job is a good way to meet people, emphasis on decent job. I doubt you'll find many associates working at the caff down the road. So a job somewhere you like, for instance French Connection would be my first choice..they'll be people your age most likely and like minded so there's a start. Then you start going on staff nights out etc. and you've got the ball rolling and you can go out and get partying! I'm not sure I explained very well, but look forward and not back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Recently I have been feeling really lonely and like I have no one to talk to. I was supposed to go to Uni in September but didn't get the grades, I still had my old schools "friends" to see however they were never really friends to me, and all stopped talking to me when I didn't get into Uni. I'm reapplying but I'm finding it hard to get by without having anyone to talk to other than my family. Also not having a boyfriend for a while, I have no one close to talk to.
    :hugs: You'll get there in the end. In the meantime have you tried joining a club or getting some work? I know they may not seem like great sugesstions but they do work.

If it comes to it, you could pm a friendly face

Chin up x

This is going to be me in a year or so.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.