Turn on thread page Beta

Only Stwpd Cowz Txt N Drive watch

ReputationRep:
    I know there is a thread in "TV" on here about this, but thought I would bring it up where its going to be most useful;

Basically its a BBC docu-drama based on a true story about a girl who texts while driving and kills 2 of her her friends as well as 2 other motorists, after drifting over the white line. Very powerful, and the ginger lass is quite fit before she ruins her face in the accident!

Well worth a watch, lets face it everyone sends a quick text every now and again.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...z_Txt_N_Drive/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    I know there is a thread in "TV" on here about this, but thought I would bring it up where its going to be most useful;

Basically its a BBC docu-drama based on a true story about a girl who texts while driving and kills 2 of her her friends as well as 2 other motorists, after drifting over the white line. Very powerful, and the ginger lass is quite fit before she ruins her face in the accident!

Well worth a watch, lets face it everyone sends a quick text every now and again.....

More government lead propaganda...

But seriously, who is stupid enough to text and drive? in a queue maybe.... the m25? lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)

But seriously, who is stupid enough to text and drive? in a queue maybe.... the m25? lol...
    You'd be surprised.

I see people do it all the time.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    You'd be amazed, I know loads of people who text and drive... im a bad culprit, my ex used to, lorry drivers and the like are well known for it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    You'd be surprised.

I see people do it all the time.

:facepalm2:
    Your sig must be a "stwp cowz...." :P

ReputationRep:
    30 mins!! I cant spend that long watching govmt propaganda when i could be driving. Text me your opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)

I watched it last night because I love BBC3... I thought it was the start of a new series or something! I was so shocked and didn't even realise it was based on a true story until the very end where it came up about the 7 year sentence and stuff. It definitely made me think because I occasionally do text and drive, but I don't think I've ever done it unless I'm stationary, like at traffic lights or in traffic or something. I don't think I'm going to use my phone in the car ever again after that though. Propaganda obviously works on me!

What I was confused about though was that the headlines kept saying that she was breathalised an hour before the car crash... were the papers insinuating she was drunk? Because it came back saying that there was no alcohol in her system... Oh and also the anger of everyone before they knew that she was texting? I swear the old lady was just angry because she was a 17 year old driver? I think that's quite unfair to call her a murderer before they even knew the details. For all they know she could have been completely innocent and literally just lost control of the car or something. Like as devastated as I would be if someone killed someone I was close to I wouldn't tell them that they were a murderer if it had been an accident. Plus the guilt of having to live with the fact that they knew they'd killed someone... I just think it was a bit harsh to be honest! If anyone could explain it to me that would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    30 mins!! I cant spend that long watching govmt propaganda when i could be driving. Text me your opinions
    I lol'd
    but yeah i know loads of people who do itm its so stupid if your writing a long text. If you writing just a couple of letters though its just the same as changing radio station or looking at sat nav, is it not?

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a stupid situation to be in tbh. Three girls in the car. Not one of them looking at the road. You would have thought at least one of them would have the sense to have one of those cliche "hey, whose driving this thing!?" moments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cec200)
    I lol'd
    but yeah i know loads of people who do itm its so stupid if your writing a long text. If you writing just a couple of letters though its just the same as changing radio station or looking at sat nav, is it not?
    Agreed. I would say a "b there in 10" or "ok" or "on the way" text would be fine if you are in a bit of traffic.

Trying to text a guy to let him know that your mate fancies him while on the motorway is more than a little bit moronic.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she even revealed that texting was the cause of the accident..because her mum was asking her if she did anything wrong before the judge briefing, and she didn't say anything...probably wracked up with guilt of it all.

It was quite a harrowing story, especially as we saw who was affected..complete innocents and how their families took it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomin_love)
    What I was confused about though was that the headlines kept saying that she was breathalised an hour before the car crash... were the papers insinuating she was drunk? Because it came back saying that there was no alcohol in her system... Oh and also the anger of everyone before they knew that she was texting? I swear the old lady was just angry because she was a 17 year old driver? I think that's quite unfair to call her a murderer before they even knew the details. For all they know she could have been completely innocent and literally just lost control of the car or something. Like as devastated as I would be if someone killed someone I was close to I wouldn't tell them that they were a murderer if it had been an accident. Plus the guilt of having to live with the fact that they knew they'd killed someone... I just think it was a bit harsh to be honest! If anyone could explain it to me that would be great
    I agree the ending was ***** quite simply. It wasnt accurate at all, as if people would behave like that! Not being served in a shop, because the manager would recognise you and tell the girl not to serve you... hmm.. maybe in a small village in the middle of nowhere, but not in a busy town.

ReputationRep:
    I will if you're on o2. :yep:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I will if you're on o2. :yep:

Lol

Well i am looks like we can be best friends :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I hate the Welsh

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Well i am looks like we can be best friends :yep:

PM me your number innit babes. :perv:

ReputationRep:
    May I just comment that I abhore ''txt'' language. It is corruptive and especially annoying when I am attempting to engage on a conversation on Msn or Facebook. I especially hate it when people feel that it is necessary to add extra letters in their words i.e '' iii loooovveee yhuuuu'''- Ugh please that is not going to take you anywhere in life. Plus just because I prefer to talk in the apt approach does not make me a ''Neak'' etcetera etcetera!:confused: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)

Surely it's needed though - I see people on their phones (calling or texting) all the time - even on the motorway!

I think it was a great program. xx

ReputationRep:
    It's surprising how many stupid people will text and drive. I was preparing to cross a busy road when a car coming up the road slowed right down and at first I thought he was being an idiot driver but when he came past I looked in his window and he was merrily texting away, not even occasionally looking up at the road or anything.

I can't see how any text could be so important that it requires anymore than 'ok' or 'b home soon' whilst in slow traffic. If it's so important, I'm sure it can still wait until you've found somewhere to pull over. If I'm ever in a car and the person answers a phone/texts while driving I will definately tell them. I watched the programme and it was very harrowing in places, hopefully it might have an impact on new drivers.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself in a high vehicle and just sit and look. It happens all the time. I was run off the road by a guy on a phone not so long abck. Came round the bend and he was on the wrong side of the road, thankfully I was going at a sesible lick and there was plenty of grass to escape onto. I text and drive on private land, where there's no one to hit, but not on the road.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.