The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just watched it. Hard hitting stuff.
Reply 21
Christ. I am not ashamed to admit that i was almost in tears when the police knocked on the doors of the families. Really brought home how my parents must have felt when the same thing happened to them after my accident a few years back.

A really good documentary that is FAR too good for any kind of government propaganda. It may serve to that end, but this was no way government propaganda.

That was a brilliant TV Show and precisely what TV should be used for.

I also admit to sending the odd one word text message whilst driving on the motorway, looking back and with this documentary in mind, I do wonder why I am being such an idiot at times.

It is all too easy to fall into the trap of asking why she was texting and none of her friends noticed, but I am sure most of us have done it and never thought about it again. This documentary brilliantly sums up why using your phone is a stupid thing to do and how easy fatal accidents can happen.

I love cars, I spend so much on them it is untrue, but one can never forget the dangers of cars and bikes, because when you do, that is when accidents happen. It is how my last accident happened and since that near death experience I will never drive like a prat again.

Hard hitting stuff indeed.

Graham
Thanks for telling me about this programme. I only made it half way through though, the car crash was so horrible that I had to exit (not in the mood for watching things like that at night). But I got the message, and read the synopsis in this thread. Stupid girl indeed, though I do feel for her, having to live with that tremendous guilt. Let that be a lesson to us all.
Reply 23
i watched this last night on iplayer and it sent shivers down my spine, u see some idiots out there who cannot be bothered to wait that extra minute
The program was emosh. But come on texting on a motor way, and of all her friends no one was looking out of the car??. Look at the angle she hit the other car, she would have been the most likely to have died 1st. Then again it was a Ka. I must admit Im less likely to txt now than before, but I will still fiddle with my mp3 while driving simply because I dont have to take my eyes of the road.

Latest

Trending

Trending