Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    And apparently it's in breach of the First Amendment...
    How, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Yeah, the odd ten minutes on the range with the cadet rifle doesnt quite count.

The list of the problems with the SA 80 include
    -Lack of range
    -Lack of penetration at range
    -Can only be fired right handed
    -Not durable enough

Its outclassed by the American M class, just, and now theres a next generation of weapons out, like the G36, SCAR... It just makes it look a little sad...
    And the SA80 A2 is still prone to jamming.
    I went on a range a few years ago and fired an SA80 A2. I only fired ten shots and the damn thing jammed at least twice, maybe three times.

Still, much better than the first version of the SA80. Someone I know who served in the late 80's early 90's often mentions his frustration even now for that gun.

(Original post by Bagration)
    How, exactly?
    I think it goes against the government preferring one religion over the other, but I can't say conclusively. And the government didn't make the inscriptions... :dontknow:

Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    That's boring as ****... I was hoping they'd have messages like "Jesus says kill that Afghan" inscribed on the glass in tiny writing to silently indoctrinate the soldiers or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzab)
    3:31 - I'm sure it's just the zoom of the scope, like you have on your camera lens?

And besides, American weapons are crap, L85A2, now that's a real weapon!
    Haha

ReputationRep:

-Lack of range
    -Not durable enough

Its outclassed by the American M class, just, and now theres a next generation of weapons out, like the G36, SCAR... It just makes it look a little sad...
    Not to mention the fact that it's substantially heavier than any equivalent weapon.

ReputationRep:

-Lack of range
    -Not durable enough

I have actually fired a M4, in the States last year in November, I found it too small and "plasticy" if that's a word!

SCAR? The French piece of ****? Don't they break apart and even backfire upon a single shot?

ReputationRep:
    Actually since the US began to use 62 grain in their 5.56 instead of the 55 grain we use in our 5.56, the M16 and the M4 have become more effective combat weapons in the 'Stan than our L85A2.

This, however, is a real weapon.

Is that a SLR? (Self loading rifle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Spoof)
    Is that a SLR? (Self loading rifle)
    yeah L1A1 / FN-FAL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzab)
    I have actually fired a M4, in the States last year in November, I found it too small and "plasticy" if that's a word!

SCAR? The French piece of ****? Don't they break apart and even backfire upon a single shot?
    Nice, demonstrating your knowledge of a weapon made by the US subsidiary of FN Herstal (a Belgian company) and no they don't fall apart after one shot which is why they've been adopted by the US Army Rangers and are being considered by USSOCOM and the regular army.

ReputationRep:
    The SCAR isn't crap, it certainly has it's uses.

I don't see why the French use it instead of the FAMAS.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the Afghans they train cant even read in their own language never mind read Latin letters, and even if they could say the symbols JN8:12 they would have no idea what it meant (I would never have thought it was a bible passage unless someone told me and even then i had no idea what that passage was). yes it does give propaganda to the Taliban high command, but they already call the Coalition forces crusaders anyway so what difference does it make?

But on a completely detached note i do find it hilarious

ReputationRep:

-Lack of range
    -Not durable enough

Lack of range - Not true.
    Lack of penetration at range - penetration?
    Can only be fired right handed - not exactly a problem.
    Not durable enough - More then durable. Used it for quite a long time in hot and sandy places and didn't get one stoppage. Produced the goods as far as I was concerned.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/De...ComesOfAge.htm

Now with the new bipod and hand guard, ACOG sight and the ability to attach a UGL its a pretty decent weapon. Far from the joke that some people make out.

ReputationRep:
    Actually since the US began to use 62 grain in their 5.56 instead of the 55 grain we use in our 5.56, the M16 and the M4 have become more effective combat weapons in the 'Stan than our L85A2.

Just curious but how do you know so much about weapons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I think it goes against the government preferring one religion over the other, but I can't say conclusively. And the government didn't make the inscriptions... :dontknow:

Hmm.
    It doesn't conflict with the 1st Amendment, as Trijicon isn't a government owned company and is merely a contractor. As long as the military didn't give them the contract because of these inscriptions then it is not in conflict with it, and that same amendment protects Trijicon's right to put it on their sights...

(Original post by Texan88)
    It doesn't conflict with the 1st Amendment, as Trijicon isn't a government owned company and is merely a contractor. As long as the military didn't give them the contract because of these inscriptions then it is not in conflict with it, and that same amendment protects Trijicon's right to put it on their sights...
    I see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by right_good_boodjie)
    Lack of range - Not true.
    Lack of penetration at range - penetration?
    Can only be fired right handed - not exactly a problem.
    Not durable enough - More then durable. Used it for quite a long time in hot and sandy places and didn't get one stoppage. Produced the goods as far as I was concerned.

1.) Only effective to 300m compared with 500m with the m16a4
    2.) Single round will not always incapicate a target at extreme range - which is why the paras will be getting 400 new weapons which fire the 7.62 round and why the Americans are switching from the 5.56m
    3.) Is a problem. In Certain tactical situations, not be able to shift hands means exposing yourself
    4.) then why in 2005 did the army have to recall over half its LSW and sa 80's currently in use in iraq and afganistan to swap them with rifles being used over here for garrison duties?

You cant just go on what the MOD say..

ReputationRep:
    2.) Single round will not always incapicate a target at extreme range - which is why the paras will be getting 400 new weapons which fire the 7.62 round and why the Americans are switching from the 5.56m
    3.) Is a problem. In Certain tactical situations, not be able to shift hands means exposing yourself
    4.) then why in 2005 did the army have to recall over half its LSW and sa 80's currently in use in iraq and afganistan to swap them with rifles being used over here for garrison duties?

1.) Wrong.
    2.) Wrong; the US Armed Forces are increasing the amount of 5.56mm weapons they use and they aren't actually switching from the M4/M16 combo for a long-time.
    3.) Word.
    4.) Easy, because L85A1s are worse than L85A2s. Also because the LSW is **** and still based on the L85A1, without the H&K upgrade to make it somewhat functional.

ReputationRep:

It's actually effective up to 600m. The American way is not the best way. Agree with number 3 to an extent. 2005 was five years ago, have they had to do this since?

ReputationRep:

you call that a knife? THIS is a knife

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.