Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to either of the sites this year!
    Went last year for my first time, cam't wait to go again
    I've heard KOL and Kasabian are headlining!
    Anyone heard of any over acts playing aswell?? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i mayyyyyyyy be. Went to Reading last year, where KOL headlined. Caleb wasn't in the best of moods, that was for certain haha. I don't know about any other rumours!

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be announced March 1st

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i would go back to V. I went when muse headlined because i'm a huge muse fan (and needed to see them that year to keep my streak of seeing them once every year going) but was generally irritated by all the advertising in my face, the crowd of girls who squealed about all the mud (man up and get some sodding wellies!) and the fact that it was only 2 days of mainly mediocre music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    I don't think i would go back to V. I went when muse headlined because i'm a huge muse fan (and needed to see them that year to keep my streak of seeing them once every year going) but was generally irritated by all the advertising in my face, the crowd of girls who squealed about all the mud (man up and get some sodding wellies!) and the fact that it was only 2 days of mainly mediocre music.
    Whaat?! I went that year and it was AMAZING! I didn't see any advertising The V corner was wicked... we got blow up chairs and beds for free there so basically lived in luxury the whole weekend! And a complete stranger washed my hair for me I don't think I even found out his name! Also, I'm a girl and I found the mud wicked fun! I loooove mud! But you'll get squeamish girls at every festival, doesn't matter which one you go to! The music was also really good, and if there wasn't anything you wanted to see then there was still lots of other stuff to do! And there was some REALLY nice food there!

I generally had a wicked time getting drunk with my friends, chilling out while listening to music and getting extremely excited at being in the front row to see Muse It was waaay better than Glastonbury 2005!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Been 3 times (03, 04 and 06). 03 for Foos & RHCP, 04 because it was the only place I could see Pixies and 06 because it was the only place I could see Radiohead.

If it has a good lineup it's alright, but as far as atmosphere goes it's pretty much the festival for people who don't go to festivals. The headliners have got a bit repetitive the last few years, but I guess that's because it's stuck in such a small range of music (namely, anything the NME loves).

Anyway, I didn't want to piss on anyone's parade, just stating opinion. Carry on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Agreed. Been 3 times (03, 04 and 06). 03 for Foos & RHCP, 04 because it was the only place I could see Pixies and 06 because it was the only place I could see Radiohead.

If it has a good lineup it's alright, but as far as atmosphere goes it's pretty much the festival for people who don't go to festivals. The headliners have got a bit repetitive the last few years, but I guess that's because it's stuck in such a small range of music (namely, anything the NME loves).

Anyway, I didn't want to piss on anyone's parade, just stating opinion. Carry on
    Yeah, the bolded bit is pretty much what i was really getting at. Saying that, Reading has become a pretty shoddy festival in the last few years. I must say last year was the first year i went but it has to have been one of the most unpleasnt crowds i've been in. Also, there seem to be a lot of ***** who're there to get completely gazeboed and then ruin it for everyone else. I mean by all means have a couple of pints but don't **** it up for everyone else. We don't want some **** in our face whilst we're watching radiohead thank you very much! :P

Sorry... i've gone completely off topic!

ReputationRep:
    kol and kasabian possible headliners? what a load of rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the bolded bit is pretty much what i was really getting at. Saying that, Reading has become a pretty shoddy festival in the last few years. I must say last year was the first year i went but it has to have been one of the most unpleasnt crowds i've been in. Also, there seem to be a lot of ***** who're there to get completely gazeboed and then ruin it for everyone else. I mean by all means have a couple of pints but don't **** it up for everyone else. We don't want some **** in our face whilst we're watching radiohead thank you very much! :P

Agreed.

ReputationRep:

I work the campsites of Reading, so I completely agree, bunch of devolved ingrates! The staff camping is lovely though, totally changed my opinion of Reading (makes it feel more like Latitude). It's quite amazing how different the staff campsite is from the punter campsite only a few metres away; much cleaner, quieter and no smoke in the air!

But let's not turn this into a Reading vs V thread :P

ReputationRep:
    If i can't get a job this summer (which is likely because i'm away doing fieldwork for quite a bit of it) i think i'm going to go and work at Reading. Hopefully it'll be a right hoot!

ReputationRep:
    V festival I feel is a cop out fest. The line-up for Leeds/Reading is usually my taste.

However as I can get free tickets I am going Download!! Wooo....... :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    I like a mix of music, so V was amazing last year, sure it will be again!
    Reading is too much rock for me!

But to be honest, just the experience of a festival is amazing!
    Just going round talking to random people, was best bit of it last year (apart from seeing Oasis)

ReputationRep:
    I have heard this but its always best to wait for an official line up. If it is Kasabian I'll be pretty happy, though I did see them last year at wembley.

I've already got my ticket I go every year though as I live around the corner. But for me nothing will ever beat muse in '08! I want to go to a more 'proper' festival this summer too. Maybe Reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    kol and kasabian possible headliners? what a load of rubbish
    Who would you suggest then? : o

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the official line up is released on the 1st of March i think!
    If your a Virgin Media customer, you can get a code between 8th-24th feb!
    Then get your tickets before they come on general sale!
    Although they are rumours, i'm pretty sure they are the two acts!
    E festival, was where i go to look for the updates!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.