Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bb193)
    We also wondered about people who got more than 90% overall in the AS exams for their A2 subjects. For example, did those who got an offer tend to get more than 90% (A*) in their chosen degree subject at AS? Did those that got an offer tend to have several of their subjects at >90% at AS?
    From what I've heard, the mast majority of students who get offers do have all, or the majority of their subjects at over 90% UMS, although there are obviously exceptions to the rule.
    This is backed up by personal experience - one of my very close friends who was applying to Trinity this year got pooled then rejected. In his feedback it said that the reason he was pooled and not accepted was because his 2 chemistry modules were at 86% and 89% - i.e. under 90%. Apparently Trinity decided this year to not accept people with modules under 90% unless they had an absolutely outstanding interview. Personally, I believe they missed out on an excellent student, but in the end, it's really up to them to make the decision.

I'm sorry you daughter didn't get in though I'm sure she'll be just as happy at whatever university she ends up at! After all, oxbridge is not the be-all and end-all. My physics teacher who went to Oxford, then did postgrad at Durham said that he vastly preferred his time at Durham to that at Oxford :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.