Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In love with wrong person! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im in love with someone i shudnt be (one of my mates) and he knws tht i am. When i told him he was all right with it all and that but didnt seem to bother him at all.

Ever since i told him we been getting closer and closer and that and now i dont know what to do because as he is a mate and that and dont wanna ruin nething. I told his sister and she has said that we make a good couple and that and the other night told her how i feel about her brother and that and she was alright with it all. She said that she was glad he had a good mate that cared about him a lot and that as it would also ensure he would be safe and that.

Thing is last night when i sent him a text i ended it with love ya and dont know how he wud of taken it and that, i really cant stop thinking about him and wanting to be with him and that.

Like i say since i told him we been getting closer and closer hanging out more then we used to and seeing each other more often and then when we hug each other it is as if neither of us wants to let go and things like that.

Anyone suggest what shud do? We might be going away together this year?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I've had this happen, and worried all the way through that it would ruin our friendship, we ended up going out for 2 years but now we are still close friends, I told him I could never lose him as a friend, it worked out. You never know what will happen until you try? It could be really good for you. You should talk about how you don't want to lose him as a friend though and see what he suggests.

ReputationRep:
    I have mentioned on various occasion that i really care for him and things and he said i know you do mate and i really appreciate it and that. but i dont know what to because we are getting closer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undecide_1990)
    Hi,

Im in love with someone i shudnt be (one of my mates) and he knws tht i am. When i told him he was all right with it all and that but didnt seem to bother him at all.

Ever since i told him we been getting closer and closer and that and now i dont know what to do because as he is a mate and that and dont wanna ruin nething. I told his sister and she has said that we make a good couple and that and the other night told her how i feel about her brother and that and she was alright with it all. She said that she was glad he had a good mate that cared about him a lot and that as it would also ensure he would be safe and that.

Thing is last night when i sent him a text i ended it with love ya and dont know how he wud of taken it and that, i really cant stop thinking about him and wanting to be with him and that.

Like i say since i told him we been getting closer and closer hanging out more then we used to and seeing each other more often and then when we hug each other it is as if neither of us wants to let go and things like that.

Talk to him about it again and ask him how he feels? Maybe he doesn't want to act on anything as you and him have a good relationship as friends and doesn't want to ruin anything?

Just talk

P.S. stop saying 'and that' so often

ReputationRep:
    You should definately not go away with him. It will just scare him, and make you feel really really really bad. Please don't, for the sake of the children.

ReputationRep:
    why is he the wrong person he sounds like the right person? go for it

ReputationRep:
    The next time that you guys are together, you should ask him to be honest about his feelings for you, cos it seems like you are saying what you feel, but he is being a bit vague. once he gives you his answer then a talk about what happens from then on needs to happen so that its clear for you both.

I had something similar happen to me, where me and my friend had taken our friendship to another level and would always say that we liked each other etc, but neither of us made the step in taking it further cos we always avoided talking about it and in the end things didn't work out, but a year later our friendship has got back on track. So i would say communication is KEY!

Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macattack_)
    why is he the wrong person he sounds like the right person? go for it
    I totally agree with this, your lucky you have found someone?

ReputationRep:
    He is the right person for me as i like him a lot and has everything that i want. Like i say we talk every night and things but as ave mentioned it before dont wanna annoy him if i have picked up signals rong?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Maybe you should stop being so intense, like I would be pretty freaked out if someone I wasn't going out with ended a text with "love ya" if I knew it wasn't in a friendly way. Sometimes when you're infatuated by someone you can read the signs wrongly VERY easily. Maybe ease off and let him come to you? He knows how you feel about him so if he doesn't ask you out then he doesn't want to be with you.

ReputationRep:
    So back off for now and do nothing?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a girl or a boy??!!

ReputationRep:
    Give him a cheeky squeeze on the bum, see if he likes it. If it goes well, you're in. If it doesn't, you're not..

Love to your mothers
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    am a lad btw!

ReputationRep:
    I have mentioned on various occasion that i really care for him and things and he said i know you do mate and i really appreciate it and that. but i dont know what to because we are getting closer
    He seems to want to let you know your his friend, maybe he's trying to say he wants to stay friends? Sorry, just a guess. Best thing you can do is talk to him and instead of talking about your feelings - talk about his?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Whats wrong with liking a guy more than a mate, if he ain't taken go for it.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think nothing rong with liking ur best mate more then a mate etc. just means that they know they are with someone that they know trust them and cares for them etc. So if talking about his feelings what would i say?

ReputationRep:
    ????

ReputationRep:
    okay so you're gay. well, if you think that he likes you then why don't you tell him??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.