Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok... There's this guy i've known for years... since we were kids to be honest, and when we were younger, i'm talking Primary school age, we were inseparable... He was the first boy i ever had a crush on but we lost contact for years...

Recently we started talking again, and all of a sudden, it's like i'm back in the school yard! All these feelings and emotions came flooding back, and i dont know what to do! My other friends dont understand because none of them know how close we were as children.... I dont want to make things awkward by saying anything to him because we've only just started talking again...

Psychologically speaking it could just be old memories, and i could just be clinging to the memories of the boy i knew, rather than the man he's become and that could be clouding my judgement... but how do i differentiate the old feelings of my crush and the possibility that i actually feel anything for him now?!

Dont know if this makes any sense to anyone, but that's what's going though my head so imagine what it's like for me! hahaha...

Help? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soozan)
    Psychologically speaking it could just be old memories, and i could just be clinging to the memories of the boy i knew, rather than the man he's become and that could be clouding my judgement.
    I'm glad you've realised this instead of me telling you.
    So I would suggest just to talk to him and get to know him. The more you find out about him and what he's been up to and the person he is now, the more you can decide whether it was the memory or the still the person that you're interested in.

ReputationRep:
    Just bear in mind that his **** will be oh so much bigger now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soozan)
    Ok... There's this guy i've known for years... since we were kids to be honest, and when we were younger, i'm talking Primary school age, we were inseparable... He was the first boy i ever had a crush on but we lost contact for years...

Recently we started talking again, and all of a sudden, it's like i'm back in the school yard! All these feelings and emotions came flooding back, and i dont know what to do! My other friends dont understand because none of them know how close we were as children.... I dont want to make things awkward by saying anything to him because we've only just started talking again...

Psychologically speaking it could just be old memories, and i could just be clinging to the memories of the boy i knew, rather than the man he's become and that could be clouding my judgement... but how do i differentiate the old feelings of my crush and the possibility that i actually feel anything for him now?!

Dont know if this makes any sense to anyone, but that's what's going though my head so imagine what it's like for me! hahaha...

Help? Anyone?
    Have you met up with him or is it just talking over msn or facebook or something? People can appear to be completely different over the internet. If you really think you feel something keep quiet, but ask to meet up to catch up etc. Then you'll definitely be able to tell if you like him after a few times meeting up. See how he responds to you and if you feel like he might feel the same then you could try talking to him about it?

ReputationRep:
    So... your situation isn't really a situation, is it? There are plenty of other situations which warrant far more of your energy than this. So please, stop worrying about if you have proper feelings for him or not.. if you do, you will know. Don't be stupid and overcomplicate a nice little reunion with all your emotions.
    Love to your mothers
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think this is sweet! But do treat it as he is a different person now, and almost start again learning about each other and building a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Everyone... i think i know what i have to do now...

xxxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.