Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for o2?

I have completed two stages of applications and now have to take FOUR online tests.

Wondering if anyone has completed the tests?

ReputationRep:
    I did. I applied a couple of days before the deadline for both stages so haven't heard back off them yet. So unsure if I'll be passed through to the online test stage.

Four you say? That's ridiculous! What other "relevant" tests can they give you?

Can't you just sign in to take the practise tests and then sign out knowing what you'll have to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowslian)
    I did. I applied a couple of days before the deadline for both stages so haven't heard back off them yet. So unsure if I'll be passed through to the online test stage.

Four you say? That's ridiculous! What other "relevant" tests can they give you?

Can't you just sign in to take the practise tests and then sign out knowing what you'll have to do?
    They weren't that fast with me. Did you have that initial application on the o2 website? Well after that there is a huge application to fill in with competencies etc. I completed that a few weeks ago then found out today I am through to the online tests.

:o: If only it was that simple, they have let me know I am through but will be sending the test link through separetly [not got it yet] and I only have until Sunday to do them.

The tests are:

Numerical
    Verbal
    Logical Reasoning
    Personality

:rolleyes: I am dreading them as I am terrible at shapes and according to many personality tests I have done for graduate schemes I don't have an appropriate one :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohello.)
    The tests are:

Numerical
    Verbal
    Logical Reasoning
    Personality

:rolleyes: I am dreading them as I am terrible at shapes and according to many personality tests I have done for graduate schemes I don't have an appropriate one :o:
    Logical Reasoning :eek:
    Goodluck with that one, you gonna need it...

Deadline is this Sunday? I'll assume that they'll send you the links on Saturday night then... hehe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'm hoping I can do well in the other three.

Probably. I like to do the sample tests in order to see what the format is but obviously I won't get that much time here.

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Well I completed all the tests yesterday, not sure they went too well.

One major problem is that three of the tests are timed but they do not give you a timer when you are doing the tests making it impossible to know how long you have left.

The personality test had 200 questions and was very hard to remain motivated through the dreary questions such as 'Do you ever have fits of rage'. Seriously who would answer yeh to that.

The verbal was ok and I managed to get that done.

The numerical test was pretty straight forward. There was a question when all you had to do was multiply two numbers together. There are about 40 questions in 15 minutes though so was impossible to finish.

Now to the Logical Reasoning it was literally the hardest test I have done in my life. I will be amazed if I have passed that.

ReputationRep:
    Well done.

200 questions for the personality test? That's a little excessive...
    The other two sound like a bog standard maths / comprehension test.

That logical reasoning another "which is the next shape in this pattern" assuming you could figure out the pattern in the time your given.

Hopefully you will be passed to the next stage! On the other hand I haven't recieved any correspondance regarding my application yet

ReputationRep:
    Well done.

200 questions for the personality test? That's a little excessive...
    The other two sound like a bog standard maths / comprehension test.

That logical reasoning another "which is the next shape in this pattern" assuming you could figure out the pattern in the time your given.

Hopefully you will be passed to the next stage! On the other hand I haven't recieved any correspondance regarding my application yet
    It was very excessive ha. Many of the questions were repeated which got annoying.

Yeh the other two were just what you expect really. They do seem to overload with questions though.

You basically had to compare two sets of shapes and decide what shape fits which set. It was horrific and not the standard shape test.

The assessment centre is on 22nd February if I get through this stage so they should be getting back to you soon either way.

ReputationRep:
    That Logical reasoning test sounds like a nightmare >_<

22nd February is the set date? Did they tell you that? Is that for people that make it past the online test stage?

Well I hope I get the chance to take the test

ReputationRep:

22nd February is the set date? Did they tell you that? Is that for people that make it past the online test stage?

I'm not sure if you've actually made it through to the test stage. In the email it said that everyone had to complete the tests by sunday 22nd jan. Maybe they'll have an extra set of test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets go turtles!)
    I'm not sure if you've actually made it through to the test stage. In the email it said that everyone had to complete the tests by sunday 22nd jan. Maybe they'll have an extra set of test
    *fingers crossed* :unsure:

ReputationRep:

Yeh it said in the email it was on 22nd February. They couldn't have had that many applicants if their is only one assessment centre.

ReputationRep:
    Got my rejection today. What a bummer

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected after the tests. Yet another application down the pan.

ReputationRep:
    yeh me too

so annoying

ReputationRep:
    I got my results back.

I got 91% for the numerical, 83% for the verbal and 31% for that joke of an abstract test.

When applying for a finance role it is pretty evident I am amazing with maths from that score. Oh well their loss.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.