Turn on thread page Beta

Long distance relationships watch

ReputationRep:
    It depends how far away you are from each other. My boyfriend and I are an hour apart and sometimes it's been hell but we seem to be doing okay and after 2 years apart we're still together. We manage to see each other most weekends but that's because an hour isn't exactly that far away.
    My advice is to be honest with each other all the time, if you feel that you are starting to become distant then tell each other straight away and get it sorted, otherwise things just go tits up lol. Ring each other at least once a week and text each other every so often (not excessively).
    Youy can make it work if you are both committed and love each other.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is in a long distance relationship - he met his partner online and they have been together a couple of years now. I think they only got through it though knowing he planned to go to university near her this summer (which he is).

I deffinitely think being in a LDR from the start would be easier. I see my boyfriend everyday or atleast every other day so when I move an hour and a halfs drive away this summer for uni I imagine its going to be pretty tough. I plan to speak to him every day though - whether thats online or via text/phone.. i'll get a webcam and obviously see him asmuch as I can (hopefully every couple of weeks). I think having plans together helps.. i've promised my boyfriend I will come back home after the 3 years and live with him should all work out so I think its deffinitely having that something to look forward too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.