Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    since i got back to uni about 9 days ago, i've not had a decent nights sleep.
    i feel tired at the usual time i normally go to bed (about 11 or 12) and as soon as i lay down am wide awake.
    it's sooo annoying.
    and if i do get to sleep it's a really light sleep and everything wakes me up : ( especially with the drunken people coming back from nights out shouting and screaming, so i wake up in the morning feeling exhausted still.
    mum suggested herbal tea but i wouldn't know which one to get. any herbal tea, or a specific one?
    what can i doooo?

ReputationRep:
    yes, i have the same problem. i always fall asleep in lectures and am rather tired during the day, but as soon as i lie down in bed at night i just dont fall asleep, even when i feel tired lying there.

ReputationRep:
    i gt sleepin problems bt its more or less to dow ith the fact that i cnt stop thinkin bout dis guy n its keepin me up evry nyt n no matter hw tired im feelin i aint gettn no dam sleep :O its so frustrating!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    yes, i have the same problem. i always fall asleep in lectures and am rather tired during the day, but as soon as i lie down in bed at night i just dont fall asleep, even when i feel tired lying there.
    yepp.
    i'm the exact same.
    i had exams last week and just kept getting my revision all wrong as i'd not slept for so damn long! ha.
    it's just irritating.
    i was fine when i was at home in the holidays though!

ReputationRep:
    I was the same too, my halls were utter crap for this, I have no idea why students feel the need to scream at every chance. Plus to top it off, I could hear the littlest things such as; people walking about, people moving things about, people flushing their toilets... seriously, the latter? what? It sounded like when somebody flushed their toilet and came down the pipes, that something was banging against said pipes from the top of the floor to the bottom, if this makes sense. Try deal with that every few minutes of the day, suffice to say, I left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    I was the same too, my halls were utter crap for this, I have no idea why students feel the need to scream at every chance. Plus to top it off, I could hear the littlest things such as; people walking about, people moving things about, people flushing their toilets... seriously, the latter? what? It sounded like when somebody flushed their toilet and came down the pipes, that something was banging against said pipes from the top of the floor to the bottom, if this makes sense. Try deal with that every few minutes of the day, suffice to say, I left.
    oh god, yeah mine are not quite that bad, but still the walls are so thin.
    my friend also has a really loud light... that is weird. it buzzes... all the time. loudly! sheesh!
    i've a house in town next year so shouldn't be as bad

ReputationRep:
    Try sleeping with me :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Try twinings camomile and spiced apple tea. Camomile is supposed to help you sleep, and it tastes amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatyLauren)
    what can i doooo?
    seriously, have a cheeky flick of the bean while you're in bed. You know after climax you get that snoozy feeling. I do this every night. Sometimes i get a little sore but i just use abit of 3in1.

Sorry or use cable ties. pros: When you can't move around it stops you distracting yourself. cons: you may get raped and not be able to do anything about it.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MightyXNOR)
    seriously, have a cheeky flick of the bean while you're in bed. You know after climax you get that snoozy feeling. I do this every night. Sometimes i get a little sore but i just use abit of 3in1.

Sorry or use cable ties. pros: When you can't move around it stops you distracting yourself. cons: you may get raped and not be able to do anything about it.

Hope this helps.
    haaaa!
    cheers for the advice : ) LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Try twinings camomile and spiced apple tea. Camomile is supposed to help you sleep, and it tastes amazing.
    i always think of grass when i think of cammomile...
    am i brave enough...

ReputationRep:
    I drink Clipper's Sleep Easy tea. I think camomile is an acquired taste though, I can't drink in tea without something else being in the tea as well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.