Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of the universities i've applied for has given me a conditional offer even though I have already sat my a-levels.
    Im not resitting so the grades that I have are not going to go up...
    why is this? anyone care to explain 'cus i am majorly confuuused.com

ReputationRep:
    They probably just made a mistake. What is the offer and what are your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    They probably just made a mistake. What is the offer and what are your grades?
    The offer is BBB and I have ABB...strange. i may just have to ring them and see what the craic is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13579)
    One of the universities i've applied for has given me a conditional offer even though I have already sat my a-levels.
    Call them up and ask...it's the only way to be given a straight answer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13579)
    Maybe you filled out the application form wrong? Or maybe it's conditional until you show them your certificates to prove your grades?

It might be 'conditional' on the basis that they just need to see a photocopy of certificates, and they've just whacked on the standard conditional offer until then.

I'm sure they'll update it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13579)
    Is it Cardiff..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evereddy)
    Is it Cardiff..?
    Nope, University of Ulster

Why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13579)
    Nope, University of Ulster

Why??
    They gave me a "conditional" even though I had finished my A levels too. I think they just want you to prove that you got the grades you said you did, read your offer letter carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Ring them up and find out where you stand, maybe they got it wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I also got conditionals from birmingham and cardiff even though i have done my ib exams in 2008. They just want to see the certificates. Liverpool trusts me and gave me an unconditional

ReputationRep:
    Ring them up. It might be that they made a mistake, or it might be that you need to prove your grades and you are waiting on a letter to explain this .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucantoni)
    Liverpool trusts me
    Not necessarily. They may still ask for proof of your qualifications and not accept you if you don't really have them.

There is no real need for any university to make a conditional offer just to enable them to inspect certificates. They can do this just as easily with an unconditional offer. My suspicion is that the administrator just didn't notice the candidate's status.

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar dilemma, I have applied to Aston university with the grades ABB they have given me a conditional offer of AAB even though i haven't got the grades, i rang them to ask them and they said that they can offer whatever they like. Ever though I only got ABB they still wanted to offer me a place as they really liked my application, however the whole of their business school is going out on AAB
    Hope this helps!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Not necessarily. They may still ask for proof of your qualifications and not accept you if you don't really have them.

There is no real need for any university to make a conditional offer just to enable them to inspect certificates. They can do this just as easily with an unconditional offer. My suspicion is that the administrator just didn't notice the candidate's status.
    Okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraE91)
    I have a similar dilemma, I have applied to Aston university with the grades ABB they have given me a conditional offer of AAB even though i haven't got the grades, i rang them to ask them and they said that they can offer whatever they like. Ever though I only got ABB they still wanted to offer me a place as they really liked my application, however the whole of their business school is going out on AAB
    Hope this helps!!
    That gives you the chance to re-sit a module or two and get a better grade, which would in turn ensure you a place.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately i can't go back and do that now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.