The Student Room Group
They probably just made a mistake. What is the offer and what are your grades?
Reply 2
Potally_Tissed
They probably just made a mistake. What is the offer and what are your grades?

The offer is BBB and I have ABB...strange. i may just have to ring them and see what the craic is
One of the universities i've applied for has given me a conditional offer even though I have already sat my a-levels.
Im not resitting so the grades that I have are not going to go up...
why is this? anyone care to explain 'cus i am majorly confuuused.com

Call them up and ask...it's the only way to be given a straight answer...
One of the universities i've applied for has given me a conditional offer even though I have already sat my a-levels.

Maybe you filled out the application form wrong? Or maybe it's conditional until you show them your certificates to prove your grades?
It might be 'conditional' on the basis that they just need to see a photocopy of certificates, and they've just whacked on the standard conditional offer until then.

I'm sure they'll update it :smile:
Reply 6

Is it Cardiff..?
Reply 7
evereddy
Is it Cardiff..?

Nope, University of Ulster

Why??
Reply 8
Nope, University of Ulster

Why??

They gave me a "conditional" even though I had finished my A levels too. I think they just want you to prove that you got the grades you said you did, read your offer letter carefully.
Ring them up and find out where you stand, maybe they got it wrong!
Reply 10
I also got conditionals from birmingham and cardiff even though i have done my ib exams in 2008. They just want to see the certificates. Liverpool trusts me and gave me an unconditional:biggrin:
Ring them up. It might be that they made a mistake, or it might be that you need to prove your grades and you are waiting on a letter to explain this :smile:.
Lucantoni
Liverpool trusts me

Not necessarily. They may still ask for proof of your qualifications and not accept you if you don't really have them.

There is no real need for any university to make a conditional offer just to enable them to inspect certificates. They can do this just as easily with an unconditional offer. My suspicion is that the administrator just didn't notice the candidate's status.
Reply 13
I have a similar dilemma, I have applied to Aston university with the grades ABB they have given me a conditional offer of AAB even though i haven't got the grades, i rang them to ask them and they said that they can offer whatever they like. Ever though I only got ABB they still wanted to offer me a place as they really liked my application, however the whole of their business school is going out on AAB
Hope this helps!!
Reply 14
Good bloke
Not necessarily. They may still ask for proof of your qualifications and not accept you if you don't really have them.

There is no real need for any university to make a conditional offer just to enable them to inspect certificates. They can do this just as easily with an unconditional offer. My suspicion is that the administrator just didn't notice the candidate's status.

Okay:smile:
lauraE91
I have a similar dilemma, I have applied to Aston university with the grades ABB they have given me a conditional offer of AAB even though i haven't got the grades, i rang them to ask them and they said that they can offer whatever they like. Ever though I only got ABB they still wanted to offer me a place as they really liked my application, however the whole of their business school is going out on AAB
Hope this helps!!

That gives you the chance to re-sit a module or two and get a better grade, which would in turn ensure you a place.
Reply 16
Unfortunately i can't go back and do that now :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending