Turn on thread page Beta

Right ear piercing watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had my left ear pierced for some while now and alot of my friends suggested I would look good with my right one pierced aswel. But when you get it pierced you have to leave a stud in the ear for a few weeks. So will I not look daft with two different studs on my ears? Anyone got any ideas what I could do?

ReputationRep:
    How long have you had the left lobe pierced for? And was it done with a gun?

ReputationRep:
    Could you not match the studs? You normally get a choice when you get it pierced, and you could just buy another one for your left ear.

Edit: or, if you've had your left ear pierced for a while, just don't wear a stud in that ear, or wear it when you're at home/don't mind them being different.

ReputationRep:
    When I had a piercing at the top of my ear they gave me the other stud to complete the set as they don't tend to make them as singles (they didn't where I had it done anyway.) .. so wear the other one in your other ear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    How long have you had the left lobe pierced for? And was it done with a gun?
    I've had my left ear pierced for over a year now and yeh it was done with a gun. Im planning to go to the same place I got my left one done to get it though.

(Original post by punkyrocker)
    Could you not match the studs? You normally get a choice when you get it pierced, and you could just buy another one for your left ear.

Edit: or, if you've had your left ear pierced for a while, just don't wear a stud in that ear, or wear it when you're at home/don't mind them being different.
    I dont mind wearing them at home but it's just when I go out and everything. If they let me buy a pair then it should be alright.

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    When I had a piercing at the top of my ear they gave me the other stud to complete the set as they don't tend to make them as singles (they didn't where I had it done anyway.) .. so wear the other one in your other ear.
    Hopefully they will let me buy the set. Where did you get yours done if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketz)
    I've had my left ear pierced for over a year now and yeh it was done with a gun. Im planning to go to the same place I got my left one done to get it though.

I dont mind wearing them at home but it's just when I go out and everything. If they let me buy a pair then it should be alright.

Hopefully they will let me buy the set. Where did you get yours done if you dont mind me asking?
    Firstly, guns are a pile of poo. They come with risks that needle piercings don't come with.

I would recommend finding a reputable piercer who only does piercing with needles, then get them to pierce your right ear with a labret stud, and fit a matching labret stud in the other ear at the same time.

Seriously, gun piercings are the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketz)

Tyrer's
    They're quite expensive, but goood.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, guns are a pile of poo. They come with risks that needle piercings don't come with.

I would recommend finding a reputable piercer who only does piercing with needles, then get them to pierce your right ear with a labret stud, and fit a matching labret stud in the other ear at the same time.

have to say i agree. also, its often better to go to independent piercing/tattoo shops, because they really know what they're doing. often, they use titanium studs/hoops too, which are better than gold.

and i agree with everyone else, buy a new pair - apart from anything, you'll have a choice of studs if you get bored.

ReputationRep:

Does the other method hurt lol? I got mine done at a shop called Claires accesories and they are probably one of the best in Bolton. I'll have to have a word with the staff whether I can purchase just the stud to put in my left ear so I can match

ReputationRep:
    I had mine done with a gun. I know it isn't as good, but when it's a quarter of the price it's certainly a viable option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketz)
    Does the other method hurt lol? I got mine done at a shop called Claires accesories and they are probably one of the best in Bolton. I'll have to have a word with the staff whether I can purchase just the stud to put in my left ear so I can match
    Okay, so claire's accessories sells kids jewellery/toys. Do you really think they're particularly sterile in those shops? No.
    The girls who work there, are they trained in anatomy and physiology, sterilisation, cleansing methods? No.

Seriously, the damage those guns do to the skin/tissue is just not worth it. The shops are not sterile, nor are the guns themselves and the jewellery they use is sub-standard material, in a sub-standard, non-anatomical design.

I highly recommend you find a reputable piercer. They usually can be found attached to tattoo studios. They will have certificates in health and safety, a sterile environment and will be certified in anatomy and physiology so the placement of the earring will be correct.

Seriously, claire's accessories is NOT to be recommended. Piercing guns are horrendously unhealthy and honestly, I'd rather a quick pinch of a needle than 12 months worth of pain and agony created by the poor quality jewellery/placement of a piercing done at claire's.

Do your research, it's all out there plain as day. Needle, good. Gun, Bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketz)
    Totally agree with everyone else, I have quite a lot of piercings and needle is the safest way.
    Just go to a local tattoo place, obv make sure their needles are clean/coming from a sealed pack and you'll be able to choose what bar/stud you get in.
    Take your left stud out when you're going out or buy another stud to match the newly pierced ear.

Gun is a lot cheaper and if I wouldn't recommend it but for a lobe piercing it's not going to be as much of an issue, but just NOT at Claire's.

ReputationRep:
    tattoo parlours are the best they really know what they are doing..its a cleaner smoother procedure too. I got my nose done with a gun in a jewellers, it pierced at a funny angle and only halfway. I had to push the rest in and I felt so faint.

Also they should let you the complete set, hopefully at no extra cost too.

ReputationRep:
    whats the big deal about the gun?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yea I hate Claires the staff look younger than I am !!

ReputationRep:

I had three piercings on my lobe and one top ear with the gun.

Also, had my tragus done with it, however my body just didnt like it there as i also had the other side done with a needle so i know it wasn't just because of the gun.

ReputationRep:
    claires is fine if your getting it done on your lobes, i know on cartilage its bad. i've had 4 piercings done there and they were all fine =) but everyone goes on about how bad it is when if it was really that bad it wouldnt be open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    I had three piercings on my lobe and one top ear with the gun.

Also, had my tragus done with it, however my body just didnt like it there as i also had the other side done with a needle so i know it wasn't just because of the gun.
    Would you like a medal or a trophy? :rolleyes:

Just because you had it done, does not make it okay.

ReputationRep:
    I think I am going to go to a tattoo shop near my house and ask around a few places. After everything everyone has said im turning my back on Claires!

ReputationRep:
    Would you like a medal or a trophy? :rolleyes:

Just because you had it done, does not make it okay.

No, I was just simply saying it works for some people

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.