Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend seems to have gone off sex watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and I always thought our sex life was really good. But its been almost 3 months now and we haven't had sex.

At the beginning of the drought I decided to be stubborn and not initiate because well he always used to and I just thought he would cave in eventually but after a few weeks I tried to initiate and whether or not he realised I always got rejected. When I asked him about it he said there was nothing wrong but that he is just bored of it. I do think that if there was an under lying problem he would just tell me because hes not one to beat about the bush.

I just don't know what to do now, I feel like sex is on my mind 24 hours a day without any. Do I just get over myself and the fear of rejection and pounce on him to spice things up and excite him again or do I leave it until it just happens.. one day.. whenever that might be?

Any advice really appreciated! Anyone ever had this happen before?

ReputationRep:
    so was you rejecting him at the begining of the drought?

ReputationRep:
    Start giving him a BJ first then see if he says no.

If he does, you'll have to confront him. Could be you-know-whatting.

ReputationRep:
    According to your older threads he had been texting another girl a lot, did you ever confront him about that? What happened?

Often when a person seems uninterested in sex, they either have no desire for sex altogether, or are getting it somewhere else. Do you trust him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsjustit)
    According to your older threads he had been texting another girl a lot, did you ever confront him about that? What happened?

Often when a person seems uninterested in sex, they either have no desire for sex altogether, or are getting it somewhere else. Do you trust him?
    Yeh I did confront him about that and that whole situation has completely faded away now. Although he reassured me that there was absoultely nothing going on, I still think that girl might have had a little crush on him and that secretly maybe he enjoyed the attention of but she never texts or rings anymore.

I had a feeling people would suggest cheating and I really think that if that was the case he would have long left me by now because hes not one to put up with anything hes unhappy with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsjustit)
    Often when a person male seems uninterested in sex, they either have no desire for sex altogether, or are getting it somewhere else.
    Fixed.

Either that or he's fapping too much, but why would he in favour of drilling you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquamarine.)
    I had a feeling people would suggest cheating and I really think that if that was the case he would have long left me by now because hes not one to put up with anything hes unhappy with.
    How do you know that? Honestly, you cant rule it out. Maybe one part of him doesnt want to leave you. Have you noticed any other changed behaviour in the last few months, either in his mood or what he does in his spare time etc? I think everyone will agree that communication is the key, its normal to want a sexual relationship with your boyfriend, so whatever the problem is, it needs to be addressed because you deserve to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Any guy that says no to sex is broken, he could be screwing 10 other people behind your back but that's no excuse to reject you.

Leave this fool.

> : |

ReputationRep:
    .... he would just tell me because hes not one to beat about the bush.
    You can say that again *chuckle*

seriously though I think it is something you two need to talk over. Ask him why he is getting bored and what you can do to make him enjoy himself more?
    How old is he btw? because if he is getting old then he will naturally loose his drive, but if he is like 18 then that is quite early. If he is young he should still be very perky.

I think attempts at trying to spice things up i.e. coming in wearing a gimp suit or whatever may lead to awkward moments unless you talk to him about it first.
    Other than that there is not much you can do.

If it gets too much, I'll be right over :p:

ReputationRep:
    There ca nbe many reason that a guy will experience a loss of libido.
    Stress
    Performance Anxiety
    Medical Conditions
    Medication
    Quality of Relationship (are you happy as a couple?)
    Orr he may feel stifled...

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationshi...-in-men?page=3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasmos)
    There ca nbe many reason that a guy will experience a loss of libido.
    Stress - No. In fact, masturbating/sex is encouraged to relieve stress.

Performance Anxiety - perhaps, but even when at first we couldn't keep it up, we'd keep ******* trying the next day until it would.

Medical Conditions - :dontknow:

Medication - :dontknow:

Quality of Relationship (are you happy as a couple?) - No.

Orr he may feel stifled... - Disagree.

If a guy's unhappy with a relationship, he's either going to talk about it, split up with the girl/other guy, or keep them for the sex. Being smothered or worrying about the girl getting too attached is never going to stop the guy wanting sex.

I can't comment on what type of medication or diseases can lower libido as I'm not a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the above post. What a load of crap.

ReputationRep:
    he is definately broken...except if ur nt hot any longer..?

ReputationRep:
    I'm worrying even more now... oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you talked to him yet? It has been 4 years, maybe your sex is rather generic and just needs spicing up. You're going to keep worrying until you get him to discuss it.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you turned fat

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him. Ask him if his sex drive has changed. It might be an underlying issue - get him to talk to his dr. Is he possibly depressed/on mood medication, because that can effect it, or could he be hiding that from you?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    At the beginning of the drought I decided to be stubborn and not initiate because well he always used to and I just thought he would cave in eventually but after a few weeks.
    You play sexual power games with your bf and expect him to not be uncomfortable with getting intimate with you? is it really that much of a surprise?

ReputationRep:
    I know I say this too often but he's probably gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Stress - No. In fact, masturbating/sex is encouraged to relieve stress.

Performance Anxiety - perhaps, but even when at first we couldn't keep it up, we'd keep ******* trying the next day until it would.

Medical Conditions - :dontknow:

Medication - :dontknow:

Quality of Relationship (are you happy as a couple?) - No.

Orr he may feel stifled... - Disagree.

If a guy's unhappy with a relationship, he's either going to talk about it, split up with the girl/other guy, or keep them for the sex. Being smothered or worrying about the girl getting too attached is never going to stop the guy wanting sex.

I can't comment on what type of medication or diseases can lower libido as I'm not a doctor.
    http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationshi...-in-men?page=2

Thats the source I used, the info was pretty much posted directly from there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.