Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    I've said I don't know the actual probability of getting caught, of course it's not 100%. If you know the probability, please feel free to provide the OP with the correct calculation - I wasn't claiming to have done so.
    It's not a question of KNOWING the probability. It's a question of making an intelligent estimate.

I'm a bit surprised you have trouble with this concept. It applies to pretty much every decision you ever make.

ReputationRep:
    the cost of the license is about 140quid (correct me if I'm wrong.) between 8 people that is less than 20quid. How about you all stop being massive paupers and buy a license

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HexagonalBolts)
    I've read through quite a few TV license threads but I haven't found anything relating to my particular situation.

I live in student halls and 8 of us share a communal living area and kitchen. My flatmate often puts his TV in there to watch live TV, but won't pay for a TV license. The rest of us aren't interested in TV (but we will be in the same room to cook and eat obviously), so my concern is that the rest of us could be fined for his TV.

Is this the case? What should I do about it?

8 people, colour tv. £142.50, £17.81 per person, your flatmates are sure are cheap....

Well, one..you could get away with it, could or two, you could get fined alot if caught and well, all i can say is good luck with the fine but no doubt if you guys are fined, he couldn't care less about you guys than he is right now.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.