Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I would like to learn about Politics from the root.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight)
    Hey

I would like to learn about Politics from the root. I looked in wiki and ahh it was all confusing House of Lords? wtf is that lol

Thank you
    Okay, how basic do you want to go? the institutions? defining what is politics? is a pretty vast subject given that somewhere, some people see something as political.

ReputationRep:
    Wikipedia is not going to be the best way to get a grounding in the political system here. Go to a library.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...h_politics.htm

ReputationRep:
    also what kinda politics are you interested in ? Turnout levels? Electoral Systems? Political Parties? or EVERYTHING??

ReputationRep:
    Politics has a wide remit, if you're interested in British politics i'm sure there's material, wikipedias is always helpful though.

ReputationRep:
    I think the Democracy Live website is good, where you can view the different parliaments, and near the bottom there's an A-Z of terms used in politics, and there are institution guides kicking around somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    bbc news poltiics and watching the news is a pretty good way to pick things up

ReputationRep:
    srsly?

ReputationRep:
    Wikipedia.

ReputationRep:
    You'd do well to start from wikipedia and use their links, also a general introduction from Routledge they're very good for such things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prussianking666)
    Okay, how basic do you want to go? the institutions? defining what is politics? is a pretty vast subject given that somewhere, some people see something as political.
    From the very root please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.