Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Waiting for PRTC and Basic training dates watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAF_BEN0121)
    You have to have passion and dedication to get those ticks
    Untrue, I'm afraid. I was making the point that you can have the ticks without the passion - so, although your passion is to be commended, I'd suggest worrying about the ticks more.

As a recruiter, and a taxpayer, I'd be looking for ticks first, then passion. Yes, ideally you want both, but if one of them is missing, give me ticks in boxes any day.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. As I said I will strive to get those and be the best I can but also have the passion and dedication there. Ben

ReputationRep:
    when are you guys joining RTS??? im joining on 28th april! Im really nervous and anxious about joining! Iv waited to so long to get in!

ReputationRep:
    Big Ads, the point of this thread is that they don't have dates...

ReputationRep:
    bigads how long was you waiting Im stiilll waitin

ReputationRep:
    Your still waiting?!

I went from AST to PRTC in 3 weeks! I dont get how some people like me are zooming in and others are getting dates for end of the summer
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Different Trades. They try to bunch Trades up together so they can get you on to your Trade training ASAP rather than waiting around for enough to get through Basic to start a course.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Ozzman)
    Your still waiting?!

I went from AST to PRTC in 3 weeks! I dont get how some people like me are zooming in and others are getting dates for end of the summer
    Because your RTS date is scheduled to fit in with the dates of your professional training courses. These courses have much higher resource demands, they have to fit into a more complex schedule of events because of the facilities, people, resources, weather conditions etc that they require. So the professional course dates are fixed, and people are slotted on to the RTS course that graduates most immediately prior to a professional training space. That way the RAF isn't paying for hundreds of untrained ACs to hang around the place for weeks and months.

This also means that some RTS courses might have a lot of one trade, who only have one or two professional training courses per year, for example. Or if a trade closes for a while, then there might be a priority to get a full professional course load on one RTS so that the professional course is full when it restarts.

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense! For a moment I thought it was that I was just more in demand than "RAF_BEN0121" hahaha :P

Although looking on here, you have all had to read how brilliant he is so im suprised he was not asked to start on the same day he first applied! haha

ReputationRep:
    Ozzman. Sarcasm will get you no where mate. You was one of the lucky ones I have to know wait till 2011 january. Don't go on sick because we might meet on the inside next year. Ben

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of sarcasm Ben? Youre going to enjoy your time in the forces then!

ReputationRep:
    Gentleman...sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

But wit is the highest form of intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    Remember what i said. Ben
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by RAF_BEN0121)
    Remember what i said. Ben
    Please don't make threats on the internet. It just makes you look really daft and highlights you to those who may be your instructors in the future.

ReputationRep:
    That a threat? Lets be honest, how on earth are you going to find out who I am if we meet in the service? Ask anyone if they know who LAC OzzMan is?

You've not made a brilliant name for yourself on here Ben, Im quite sure the Halton staff are looking forward to your arrival and will probably be making sure you back up all you have said on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozzman)
    That a threat? Lets be honest, how on earth are you going to find out who I am if we meet in the service? Ask anyone if they know who LAC OzzMan is?

You've not made a brilliant name for yourself on here Ben, Im quite sure the Halton staff are looking forward to your arrival and will probably be making sure you back up all you have said on here!
    One can hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naigan)
    One can hope.

Can't wait.........if nothing else it will be entertaining......:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inch High DI)
    Can't wait.........if nothing else it will be entertaining......:yep:
    Ooo forgot you're Halton staff... Awesome.. :whip2:

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest, how on earth are you going to find out who I am if we meet in the service?

Visa versa how you going to know who I am. Who ever wants to test me at Halton can any way because that is what its designed for. However, you got to find out who I am see you at Halton people.

ReputationRep:
    Well I would guess your name is Ben. So that's going to narrow it down. I have no doubt you have mentioned on the website what you're going in for. I would also guess there would be record ofwhen you contacted your AFCO, as you've had a protracted application process it should be eaiser to spot you. Also, you mentioned you had gotten some way into the application process and didn't have the required GCSE in English or something. With all those factors I'm sure the list of possibilities would become very small. So if they really wanted to know who you are then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, or take too long. I'll also add that, even if your name is not Ben, the other factors would probably produce a very small list.

There are of course all presumptions by me, so I can't really know for sure. But I'm just illustrating, that with a tiny bit of information about you, it's not going to be hard to narrow you down.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.