Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, 8, 10, 12, do you really care what size? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    you're choosing to ignore what I said about the difference between being overweight and being obese.

and no, i dont think there is something wrong with the average size being 16. i do, however, think there is something wrong with your attitude. move out of the country then, that would suit us fine.
    but then who would argue with us and tell us about gluttony etc x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Sadly you are too insecure

again with the insecure thing, i am not insecure at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aem1990)
    i am not trying to say these are positive characteristics i'm just saying that not all fat people have low moral standards as you are clearly suggesting, at least you admit that you hate them so i must ask what for?
    and if as you suggest fat people have a lack of self control what about people who have eating dissorders such as annorexia surely they have control issues? whats your opinion on them?
    How can someone have high moral standards if they are gluttonous and decadent? Doesn't that make them a hypocrite?
    If people have a genuine medical problem, then it's forgiveable as much as you cannot blame a blind man for not being able to tell you the colour of a car. If they are obese or servilely underweight due to a lack of moral character, then they should be put into a military camp until they sort themselves out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    So you think it's acceptable that the average girl is overweight. Uhuh, somehow I don't think I'm talking to a guy of high standards. My attitude is that fat people are lazy, gluttonous and decadent. This generally cannot be argued due to the literal definition of the words, and if you think those are good characteristics in the average woman, please explain why that is.
    In that case your attitude is LOUSY. Whether or not a size 16 is overweight depends on the woman, her height etc. As I said, Marylin Monroe was a size 16. Would you say she is fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    How can someone have high moral standards if they are gluttonous and decadent? Doesn't that make them a hypocrite?
    If people have a genuine medical problem, then it's forgiveable as much as you cannot blame a blind man for not being able to tell you the colour of a car. If they are obese or servilely underweight due to a lack of moral character, then they should be put into a military camp until they sort themselves out.
    Where would you advise we put you to sort your personality out??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    should be put into a military camp until they sort themselves out.
    lol check out hitler here

im so pleased i can live in a world where i can look how i want, eat how i want and weigh what i want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hontoir)
    This.

ReputationRep:

6 foot under :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    Only 6 foot... im sure we could dig deeper :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    christ you and lack of moral character
    can i just say your laying alot of hope on food here if we decided how moral a person was judging how fat/thin they were we would be in deep S*** obviously you are some perfect guy with (fabulous moral standards and everyone in this thread could learn a thing or two from a guy as gracious as you so do tell us all where we are going wrong?
    oh and fat doesn't = unhealthy its a proven medical fact that that what would be classed as acceptable sized can medically be far less healthy then what would be classed as overweight for example a fat person who ate a healthy balanced diet but looked fat would be healthier then a thin person who just ate junk all the time so i think you need to realise that the size of a person does not dictate their level of health

ReputationRep:
    In that case your attitude is LOUSY. Whether or not a size 16 is overweight depends on the woman, her height etc. As I said, Marylin Monroe was a size 16. Would you say she is fat?
    No you are just ignorant as you need to learn what the definition of those words are:
    glut·ton·y (gltn-)
    n. pl. glut·ton·ies
    Excess in eating or drinking.

dec·a·dent (dk-dnt, d-kdnt)
    adj.
    1. Being in a state of decline or decay
    2. A person in a condition or process of mental or moral decay

Generally, obese people are glutinous and decadent. You cannot argue this as much as you're liberal mind may want to unless you want to try and argue that gluttony is not decadent.
    Why do you bring Monroe up? Look at her figure, it clearly shows she isn't fat, but it's a ***** stupid point unless you are trying to argue that the average size 16 has a figure like Monroe.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take that as a compliment as I'd hate to think someone as lacking in morals as yourself was to like me. You make me sick and you know there is no good reason for being fat other than you are lazy and pathetic.
    PS. Feet, not foot.

ReputationRep:
    Only 6 foot... im sure we could dig deeper :unsure:
    i'll bring a spade if you will

man this guy is like a broken record lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    No you are just ignorant as you need to learn what the definition of those words are:
    glut·ton·y (gltn-)
    n. pl. glut·ton·ies
    Excess in eating or drinking.

dec·a·dent (dk-dnt, d-kdnt)
    adj.
    1. Being in a state of decline or decay
    2. A person in a condition or process of mental or moral decay

Generally, obese people are glutinous and decadent. You cannot argue this as much as you're liberal mind may want to unless you want to try and argue that gluttony is not decadent.
    Why do you bring Monroe up? Look at her figure, it clearly shows she isn't fat, but it's a ***** stupid point unless you are trying to argue that the average size 16 has a figure like Monroe.
    Do you realize how many times you have used the words glutinous and decadent? You sound like a broken record.

W/E. You bore the hell out of me :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    You make me sick
    good

ReputationRep:
    i'll bring a spade if you will

man this guy is like a broken record lmao
    JCB ftw!!!

Katy Perry and Megan Fox aren't size 8 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aem1990)
    christ you and lack of moral character
    can i just say your laying alot of hope on food here if we decided how moral a person was judging how fat/thin they were we would be in deep S*** obviously you are some perfect guy with (fabulous moral standards and everyone in this thread could learn a thing or two from a guy as gracious as you so do tell us all where we are going wrong?
    oh and fat doesn't = unhealthy its a proven medical fact that that what would be classed as acceptable sized can medically be far less healthy then what would be classed as overweight for example a fat person who ate a healthy balanced diet but looked fat would be healthier then a thin person who just ate junk all the time so i think you need to realise that the size of a person does not dictate their level of health
    So you are saying someone can be moral yet also be gluttonous to such a degree it harms their health?
    And no, I'm talking about being fat as in being over weight, not fat as in the vital part of a diet & what should part of every person, but not to the large degree as it is on some.

You don't just "look fat" if you are eating a healthy diet. The person would also have to be doing little to no exercise, making them lazy.

PS. And while I'm saying this, amazing how the people to defend obesity are the overweight ones. Why is this? Because it's easier to convince yourself you don't have to change than to actually realise it's unhealthy and change.

ReputationRep:
    JCB ftw!!!
    damn right

ReputationRep:
    Do you realize how many times you have used the words glutinous and decadent? You sound like a broken record.

W/E. You bore the hell out of me :yawn:
    DO you know how many times you fat people ignore those words and pretend that being fat doesn't mean you are also gluttonous?
    Oh yeah, all the time. You have yet to mention how it doesn't matter if someone has those qualities.
    I bore the hell out of you? Then why are you posting? Go eat some cake fatty.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.