Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, 8, 10, 12, do you really care what size? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    because stupid people such as yourself are in no position to tell people they are "decadent". Don't you think overweight people already KNOW they're unhealthy? And exactly how do you think your insults are going to help them improve?
    Jees. Firstly I am hardly stupid, so that's nothing more than a childish insult. Secondly, why can I not tell them they are decadent? Clearly some of them are not going to change unless something is done. You said decadence shouldn't be ignored. So then how do you propose it be dealt with? Or you just too much of a pussy to stand by what you claim to believe in?
    I'm not insulting them. I'm telling them what they actually are. If they don't like this then they should change. If they don't care, then they are just a bad person & frankly no loss as their high blood pressure etc should take them to the grave earlier, and less change of offspring. Don't you just love nature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    but but but im gluttonous and decadent and lazy :rofl:
    But you are the first two.
    You can't even argue that unless you want to argue with the dictionary :yep:

ReputationRep:
    oh well if we are going to use friends to back up our agument then my THIN size 10 friend is unhealthy therefore all size 10s are :rollseyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    But you are the first two.
    You can't even argue that unless you want to argue with the dictionary :yep:

but according to you im all 3 :rolleyes:

i am a gluton yes, never denied that the other two though, no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Jees. Firstly I am hardly stupid, so that's nothing more than a childish insult. Secondly, why can I not tell them they are decadent? Clearly some of them are not going to change unless something is done. You said decadence shouldn't be ignored. So then how do you propose it be dealt with? Or you just too much of a pussy to stand by what you claim to believe in?
    I'm not insulting them. I'm telling them what they actually are. If they don't like this then they should change. If they don't care, then they are just a bad person & frankly no loss as their high blood pressure etc should take them to the grave earlier, and less change of offspring. Don't you just love nature?
    I am a bit disturbed by your impression that you're actually helping overweight people by telling them they are decadent. Surely something has to be done, but they must do this for themselves, not because some prat like yourself has come along and started throwing pointless insults at them.

This discussion is pointless because neither of us is going to change our opinion, so I'll leave it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hontoir)
    Yes and the point I made was that it is unnecessary and rather rude for you to be rubbing these facts in their faces. Are you suggesting that they might be unaware of the fact??
    Actually Tink seems to be. She argued that guys don't care about size. I said it's more than just size as generally being obese shows poor character. Seems a lot of people hate that. Not my fault, not my issue, though somehow they are trying to argue it's not true/it's okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyC)
    I wouldn't be so sure lol

i am sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Actually Tink seems to be. She argued that guys don't care about size. I said it's more than just size as generally being obese shows poor character. Seems a lot of people hate that. Not my fault, not my issue, though somehow they are trying to argue it's not true/it's okay.
    i said SOME guys dont care about size

ReputationRep:
    but according to you im all 3 :rolleyes:

i am a gluton yes, never denied that the other two though, no
    How can you not be decadent yet be gluttonous? Plus I'm pretty sure many people would say you're a bad person for happily over eating. Though as I have said, nature will sort this out.
    To put the record straight though, guys do care about weight. It's just a shame/bizarre you want to say differently and argue being fat is acceptable in this day & age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    How can you not be decadent yet be gluttonous? Plus I'm pretty sure many people would say you're a bad person for happily over eating. Though as I have said, nature will sort this out.
    you're sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)

and as ive said i am healthy, no health problems

man i feel like a parrot having to repeat myself

ReputationRep:
    but but but im gluttonous and decadent and lazy :rofl:
    :lol:
    ..And I should be getting back to my cake, hmmm c a k e... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit disturbed by your impression that you're actually helping overweight people by telling them they are decadent. Surely something has to be done, but they must do this for themselves, not because some prat like yourself has come along and started throwing pointless insults at them.

This discussion is pointless because neither of us is going to change our opinion, so I'll leave it here.
    Actually I doubt it'll help. More the case that it's where the argument progressed as Tink was trying to say being fat doesn't mean anything is inherently wrong with the persons character. I begged to differ. Not my fault that glutton is generally seen as a negative social quality. Just the way the world is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam89)
    :lol:
    ..And I should be getting back to my cake, hmmm c a k e... :coma:
    care to share so we can both be fat and gluttenous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    I do believe that some terminology is being misplaced here... as we were discussing I believe sizes 14 and 16... yet these would hardly fall into the obese category... but i'l let that pass.

I will agree with you that certain males may care about size, yet I am sure that is not the case for ALL males. For example if you took a very good looking guy, maybe who was bullied as a child, and therefore doesn't realise he has the looks then he will be looking for personality rather than size.. And I wouldn't say I'm the worst looking bloke in the world, yet I would go initially on looks with a personality check.

You do seem to be generalising rather to much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Actually I doubt it'll help. More the case that it's where the argument progressed as Tink was trying to say being fat doesn't mean anything is inherently wrong with the persons character. I begged to differ. Not my fault that glutton is generally seen as a negative social quality. Just the way the world is.
    Exactly, so you're just insulting fat people for your own personal gain. This clearly proves that you're a far worse person than any fatty out there. I feel sorry for you. Actually, I don't.

ReputationRep:
    and as ive said i am healthy, no health problems

man i feel like a parrot having to repeat myself
    Actually you should feel like an idiot.
    Gluttony is seen as a poor moral trait. Unless you think it isn't (which would make no sense) by over eating, you are being decadent...

ReputationRep:
    care to share so we can both be fat and gluttenous?
    I envy you for your lack of self-consciousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Actually you should feel like an idiot.
    Gluttony is seen as a poor moral trait. Unless you think it isn't (which would make no sense) by over eating, you are being decadent...
    Oh do shut up. Jesus Christ you're boring. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, so you're just insulting fat people for your own personal gain. This clearly proves that you're a far worse person than any fatty out there. I feel sorry for you. Actually, I don't.
    No its the way the argument progressed. Which part of that didn't you read? Or just looking to blame someone for pointing out obese = poor moral fibre in the context of a debate?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.