Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, 8, 10, 12, do you really care what size? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Enjoy being fat with your ugly bf.
    Size 14? Seriously you know you could do with loosing weight so don't try to deny it. You know you'd look more attractive, if just not more healthy, if you exercised and lost all those extra pounds.
    This is the kind of female BS denial some come out with when faced with the hard fact that men don't like chubby and fat women. Why on earth would they? Really?? Since when is OBESITY and GLUTTONEY attractive traits in a person?
    So don't say it's the biggest crock you've heard - you know it's true and just don't want to do something about your weight? Why? Because it's easier not to. :rolleyes:

lots and lots of assumptions from a noob

first of all i know im fat so its not like i was going to try to deny it

if you think my bfs ugly good for you, i dont and since im the one in a relationship with him its only my opinion that matters

i actually like being a 14, i have tits and ass which my bf and i love (and before you say i dont care if you think they are fat)

you assume i dont exercise WRONG i exercise 6 days a week (and no i dont care if you believe me or not)

but i dont look better at a lower weight, ive been a lower weight than this and a higher weight and i dont look good anyway

ReputationRep:
    tbh most guys DO care about girls size. Not that I do. As a general rule anything between size 8 and 16 is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Enjoy being fat with your ugly bf.
    Size 14? Seriously you know you could do with loosing weight so don't try to deny it. You know you'd look more attractive, if just not more healthy, if you exercised and lost all those extra pounds.
    This is the kind of female BS denial some come out with when faced with the hard fact that men don't like chubby and fat women. Why on earth would they? Really?? Since when is OBESITY and GLUTTONEY attractive traits in a person?
    So don't say it's the biggest crock you've heard - you know it's true and just don't want to do something about your weight? Why? Because it's easier not to. :rolleyes:
    Go have a burger. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    date size eight =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Most men wouldn't know the difference between a 8, 10 or 12 if it hit them in the face. Thus an absolutely pointless question.
    8 is smaller than 10 which is smaller than 12

:ta:

ReputationRep:
    Most men wouldn't know the difference between a 8, 10 or 12 if it hit them in the face. Thus an absolutely pointless question.
    This is absolutely 100% correct. I couldn't tell you what size someone was by looking at them. The best way is by description. It depends on a) taste and b) how superficial he is. Most guys won't like a girl overly skinny, you know what I mean, girls who have legs so thin it looks like it could be an arm. Of course guys don't tend to like huge obese women with flaps of fat hanging from their body either so find a healthy medium which you're comfortable and stick with it.

ReputationRep:
    Im 5'7 and I weigh 9 stone... which makes my BMI on the lower side of 'normal'.... however, because I have quite broad shoulders I have to buy 10-12 tops... I also have hips, not huge ones, but normal women hips... which again makes me a 10-12... I go to the gym 4/5 times a week and physically cannot get any smaller than a size 10 because of my actual body shape... i cant lose my bones after all! So a lot of it depends on your body shape! I think the main thing is, do some exercise, be fit and healthy (the toned look will come easily with this!)... and you'l end up being the right size for your body and having loads of confidence... which is generally what men pick up on anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say most guys like a size 8-10.
    Some like a size 12 and very few like a size 14 +.

I personally think a size 10 is the perfect size.

ReputationRep:
    I do, because I can tell that people are just being stupid when they say that anything above a size 12 is fat and "unhealthy" - even when they claim to like "plus-sized" women. Absolutely wrong, it's more about body shape and fat distribution. Females can be a size 14-18 and perfectly healthy at the right shape... I reckon that people are really just phobic of fat that isn't in a woman's bosoms, and in the minds of many guys, posteriors too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    Go have a burger. :rolleyes:
    Had one for dinner....Point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    lots and lots of assumptions from a noob

first of all i know im fat so its not like i was going to try to deny it

if you think my bfs ugly good for you, i dont and since im the one in a relationship with him its only my opinion that matters

i actually like being a 14, i have tits and ass which my bf and i love (and before you say i dont care if you think they are fat)

you assume i dont exercise WRONG i exercise 6 days a week (and no i dont care if you believe me or not)

but i dont look better at a lower weight, ive been a lower weight than this and a higher weight and i dont look good anyway
    No you don't like being size 14. You said you know you are fat. Because of this you know, and don't deny it, that you would be far happier if you were slim/lost weight.
    Slim girls can have tits and an ass - you just have excessive weight in those areas which guys will see through. And BS you exercise 6 days a week. Let's be blunt - a brisk walk isn't exercise. Plus if you're happy being fat, why are you exercising? =\
    Plus you would look better slimmer, don't kid yourself. Yes it's effort to reach it, but it is worth it and as I said before, you'd be happier if you were slimmer as no one enjoys being fat due to the health issues it causes and the self-esteem problems that come with it.

ReputationRep:
    I think this might be a decent point. My male friends will sometimes comment on a passing girl and they clearly have no idea about women's sizes...
    Not saying this is the case for all men but some clearly haven't a clue.

I'm a size 10-12. I've got a nearly flat stomach. If I dropped a lot of weight with the intention of being an 8, because of my build (I have a HUGE ribcage, trumpeter), I would just look strange and ribby.
    My boyfriend seems happy with my body shape and panicked when I mentioned going on a diet, said I'd look "wrong". :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    No you don't like being size 14. You said you know you are fat. Because of this you know, and don't deny it, that you would be far happier if you were slim/lost weight.
    Slim girls can have tits and an ass - you just have excessive weight in those areas which guys will see through. And BS you exercise 6 days a week. Let's be blunt - a brisk walk isn't exercise. Plus if you're happy being fat, why are you exercising? =\
    Plus you would look better slimmer, don't kid yourself. Yes it's effort to reach it, but it is worth it and as I said before, you'd be happier if you were slimmer as no one enjoys being fat due to the health issues it causes and the self-esteem problems that come with it.

LOL @ you telling me if im happy or not

if i was unhappy i would change it, its not that much of an effort, i have done it before, like i say i used to be bigger than this, much bigger

ReputationRep:
    LOL @ you telling me if im happy or not

if i was unhappy i would change it, its not that much of an effort, i have done it before, like i say i used to be bigger than this, much bigger
    Well if you are happy, then why do you eat so much? And why do you exercise? Oh right, you're insecure about something, in denial and too much of a pussy to deal with it.
    There are no pro's to being fat and you know it, so don't say your happy with it, because you aren't.

Back to the main point, of course guys care about size - being fat has many downsides, such as health issues as well as showing a level of emotional immaturity/instability within that person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Well if you are happy, then why do you eat so much? And why do you exercise? Oh right, you're insecure about something, in denial and too much of a pussy to deal with it.
    There are no pro's to being fat and you know it, so don't say your happy with it, because you aren't.

Back to the main point, of course guys care about size - being fat has many downsides, such as health issues as well as showing a level of emotional immaturity/instability within that person.

:rofl: @ you thinking you know me

im not insecure about anything nor too much of a pussy (if i was i wouldnt have got to this size in the first place, i would still be as big as i was a few years ago)

you dont know anything about me so take your narrow minded retarded views somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)

I understand all of your points, but I guess if another person is happy being another way, then who are we to say that that person is wrong?

Personally i dont like to be above a size 8 or 10, but its all down to frame and self preference (within reason)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    this is true, same with bra sizes xD

But actually, with highstreet stores all sizing their clothes differently (this seems to be happening more and more often), it is difficult to pinpoint your exact size as it depends on the store. Top shop sizes are ridiculously large and I can fit my DD chest into a size 8 top... whereas Jane Norman and West One, two of my fave shops, actually run small.
    :lies:
    we're actually bra experts.
    although only some of us know dress sizes and how they translate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mac29)
    :lies:
    we're actually bra experts.
    although only some of us know dress sizes and how they translate.
    really? cos usually, if I told someone I was a DD cup without them seeing me, they presume they're absolutely massive xD and actually...they're pretty much just right xD

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: @ you thinking you know me

im not insecure about anything nor too much of a pussy (if i was i wouldnt have got to this size in the first place, i would still be as big as i was a few years ago)

you dont know anything about me so take your narrow minded retarded views somewhere else
    So then why do you exercise? Sorry, you are just adding to the idea that fat people are bad people - walking symbols of decadence and gluttony.
    And yeah, please tell me why you like being overweight and what you don't mind about increasing you chance of these:
    * ischemic heart disease: angina and myocardial infarction
    * congestive heart failure
    * high blood pressure
    * abnormal cholesterol levels
    * deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
    * diabetes mellitus
    * polycystic ovarian syndrome
    * menstrual disorders
    * infertility
    * complications during pregnancy
    * birth defects
    * intrauterine fetal death
    * stroke
    * meralgia paresthetica
    * migraines
    * carpal tunnel syndrome
    * dementia
    * idiopathic intracranial hypertension
    * multiple sclerosis
    * depression in women
    * social stigmatization
    * gout
    * poor mobility
    * osteoarthritis
    * low back pain
    * stretch marks
    * acanthosis nigricans
    * lymphedema
    * cellulitis
    * hirsutism
    * intertrigo
    * gastroesophageal reflux disease
    * fatty liver disease
    * cholelithiasis (gallstones)
    * breast, ovarian(1)
    * esophageal, colorectal
    * liver, pancreatic
    * gallbladder, stomach
    * endometrial, cervical
    * prostate, kidney(1 - all increased cancer risks)
    * non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, multiple myeloma
    * obstructive sleep apnea
    * obesity hypoventilation syndrome
    * asthma
    * increased complications during general anaesthesia
    * urinary incontinence
    * chronic renal failure
    * hypogonadism

I'm going with Sigmund Freud on this one that you are in denial:
    "A defence mechanism in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence" :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    So then why do you exercise? Sorry, you are just adding to the idea that fat people are bad people - walking symbols of decadence and gluttony.
    And yeah, please tell me why you like being overweight and what you don't mind about increasing you chance of these:
    * ischemic heart disease: angina and myocardial infarction
    * congestive heart failure
    * high blood pressure
    * abnormal cholesterol levels
    * deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
    * diabetes mellitus
    * polycystic ovarian syndrome
    * menstrual disorders
    * infertility
    * complications during pregnancy
    * birth defects
    * intrauterine fetal death
    * stroke
    * meralgia paresthetica
    * migraines
    * carpal tunnel syndrome
    * dementia
    * idiopathic intracranial hypertension
    * multiple sclerosis
    * depression in women
    * social stigmatization
    * gout
    * poor mobility
    * osteoarthritis
    * low back pain
    * stretch marks
    * acanthosis nigricans
    * lymphedema
    * cellulitis
    * hirsutism
    * intertrigo
    * gastroesophageal reflux disease
    * fatty liver disease
    * cholelithiasis (gallstones)
    * breast, ovarian(1)
    * esophageal, colorectal
    * liver, pancreatic
    * gallbladder, stomach
    * endometrial, cervical
    * prostate, kidney(1 - all increased cancer risks)
    * non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, multiple myeloma
    * obstructive sleep apnea
    * obesity hypoventilation syndrome
    * asthma
    * increased complications during general anaesthesia
    * urinary incontinence
    * chronic renal failure
    * hypogonadism

I'm going with Sigmund Freud on this one that you are in denial:
    "A defence mechanism in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence" :eek3:

can you not get this into your narrow minded pea sized brain (or is it too much information for such a tiny place)

if i was unhappy about being my size i would do something about it because i have lost weight before, im not in denial nor any thing else your narrow minded self pegs me as, i know exactly what its like to lose weight as i have done it before and would do again IF i was unhappy

as for why i exercise well this is just another way of showing how narrow minded you are, not everyone exercises to lose weight, i exercise so that i can eat the foods i like without putting on more weight and it also gives me something to do

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.