Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, 8, 10, 12, do you really care what size? watch

Announcements

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd really like to be a size 8 to be honest, guys always say 'you're fine, I don't like skinny girls'...but it's pretty obvious that girls they think are hot and not skinny, are...skinny. E.g. Katy Perry, Megan Fox...
    What's the ideal size?
    The thing is, most girls like that people think would be hot to sleep with....and that is all.
    Not to be with long term or properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    14 = chubby. What happened to keeping healthy? Size 14 is not healthy unless you are exceptionally tall for a woman.
    Quit the nonsense - keeping healthy takes effort, and it's easier to be chubby than it is healthy. Don't moan then when people tell you size 14 is grotesque and morally reprehensible.
    Well, I am tall, and no, a size 14 doesn't automatically equal = fat, chubby or unhealthy. By the way, being 'fat' and 'chubby' are two totally different things. Also, to be honest, I think I'm doing pretty well for myself considering I'm still depressed, but not as severely as I was, and I've still managed to lose a bit of weight.

You talk about health so much, so I'm sure you've considered the harm you could do to one's mental health too. Hm, doubt it.

Enough about women, what makes you so special that you can judge us anyway? It's so easy for little boys such as yourself to spew your opinions so openly behind a computer screen, where we can only judge you on your words rather than your appearance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    Well, I am tall, and no, a size 14 doesn't automatically equal = fat, chubby or unhealthy. By the way, being 'fat' and 'chubby' are two totally different things. Also, to be honest, I think I'm doing pretty well for myself considering I'm still depressed, but not as severely as I was, and I've still managed to lose a bit of weight.

You talk about health so much, so I'm sure you've considered the harm you could do to one's mental health too. Hm, doubt it.

Enough about women, what makes you so special that you can judge us anyway? It's so easy for little boys such as yourself to spew your opinions so openly behind a computer screen, where we can only judge you on your words rather than your appearance.
    Yes size 14 does mean the person is carrying quite a fair bit of extra weight.
    The harm I could do? I'm pretty sure that obesity and denial are actually the main problems here, and it's hardly my fault that unfit people are ignoring what clearly is a problem.
    Why can I judge? Because I keep myself in shape by going to a gym 3 times a week for several hours, so why can't everyone else? That's why I can say to people that they should do something about your weight & be ashamed of being obese. If people are working on loosing weight that's truly great & a step in the right direction. If they aren't however, they should be ashamed of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aem1990)
    you need to realise that this is your opinion which is personal to you
    unless you are some god like human who is perfect which i doubt because no one is perfect people are made up of flaws there is no such thing as perfection its just ideals created by society obviously i gather from your previous comments that you thing that being a size 14 is obese or something which is ridiculous i tell you google BBW there larger ladies and some guys like that its down tou personal preference lol
    No, fat people are gluttonous in the same way as a bachelor is unmarried. There's no two ways about it.
    Holy hell, learn to punctuate. And jut because there are fatter people than others doesn't suddenly make one level of obesity better than another does it? The person is still living a morally deplorable way, and the chubby chasers are always fugly guys, so that tells you something.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the size of someone really matters as long as it is not causing them any harm, personally i think really skinny and almost anorexic girls don't look appealing but then again neither do really big women although there are some quiet big popular women such as Fern Briton (I don't fancy her, far too old) for an example who go to show you can look fairly attractive while being quiet a large body size.

**** what people think at the end of the day, if you feel happy and comfortable the way you are then that is how you should stay, if someone don't like you because of your size fair enough it could be a genuine reason but if someone really liked you then size wouldn't matter and someone who just uses weight on it's own as an excuse is just shallow.

ReputationRep:
    Most guys prefer slim girls to fat girls. Just like most girls like slim boys to fat boys.

I'm goign to make a book about this theory, its called "capturing the obvious"

ReputationRep:
    Girls prefer slim guys and guys prefer slim girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    I think it's shameful that you are happy to admit such a decadent and gluttonous life style and have no shame considering your age.
    i have nothing to be ashamed of

btw do you drink? smoke? take drugs? eat any junk food?

ReputationRep:
    Bf has no idea about women's clothes sizes. I'm a 16/18 but he doesn't seem to care. Keep telling him my ideal size is a 12 (not a 10, or an 8-i was a size 10 when i was 16-due to being depressed and not eating but it din't look healthy) but he has no idea how big/small that is. Starting new diet on monday so shall see if even notices if i loose any weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    Bf has no idea about women's clothes sizes. I'm a 16/18 but he doesn't seem to care. Keep telling him my ideal size is a 12 (not a 10, or an 8-i was a size 10 when i was 16-due to being depressed and not eating but it din't look healthy) but he has no idea how big/small that is. Starting new diet on monday so shall see if even notices if i loose any weight.

careful or mazty will say his two fav words to you glutenous and the other whatever the hell it was

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, most girls like that people think would be hot to sleep with....and that is all.
    Not to be with long term or properly.
    Wtf, that's the stupidest thing I've ever read. How can you say someone that's a size 10 would be hot to sleep with, but not good for long term relationships. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    I understand all of your points, but I guess if another person is happy being another way, then who are we to say that that person is wrong?

Personally i dont like to be above a size 8 or 10, but its all down to frame and self preference (within reason)
    How is that diet of yours going? Have you lost weight since you started your thread ages ago/what's your workout routine?

I've no idea why I remember your thread haha

(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i have nothing to be ashamed of
    Would you advocate your lifestyle of excessive calorific eating to someone else in place of eating fatty foods moderately / not at all? I don't understand how you can be happy with that lifestyle.

Would you be satisfied if your children ate like you did? I bet you wouldn't, because you know it's not good for you.

ReputationRep:
    Would you advocate your lifestyle of excessive calorific eating to someone else in place of eating fatty foods moderately / not at all? I don't understand how you can be happy with that lifestyle.

Would you be satisfied if your children ate like you did? I bet you wouldn't, because you know it's not good for you.

well im not having kids so that will never be an issue

and i didnt say i would advocate it to someone else

end of the day i would rather enjoy my food and eat the things i like

ReputationRep:
    Wow people on here are being really horrible to each other. Surely someone can be comfortable in their own skin irrespective of their size? Of course there will be people who want to be slimmer and some who'd like to have more curves, but someone who is size 16 can be equally as confident as someone who is size 8.

I don't have a guy's opinion here, but I can imagine some would prefer girls who are size 8, others would like them a little bigger. Dress size is not always representative though- someone's shape can make all the difference. Someone who is size 8 and incredibly bottom heavy may look a lot worse than someone who is size 14 and an hour glass. But even then, it's all down to personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    No, fat people are gluttonous in the same way as a bachelor is unmarried. There's no two ways about it.
    Holy hell, learn to punctuate. And jut because there are fatter people than others doesn't suddenly make one level of obesity better than another does it? The person is still living a morally deplorable way, and the chubby chasers are always fugly guys, so that tells you something.

i will learn to punctuate when you learn to spell (deal) i'm just trying to say that this is all your opinion and what about the so called fat people that have medical issues and are large because of them? i think your just being narrow minded and obviously your not going to change your opinion but you could at least take into account the opinions of others believe me doing that will give you a better understanding of life in general =]

ReputationRep:
    careful or mazty will say his two fav words to you glutenous and the other whatever the hell it was
    he likes glutenous and obesity =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aem1990)
    he likes glutenous and obesity =]
    i think hes either a secret fatty, used to be fat or got turned down by a fatty

ReputationRep:
    i think hes either a secret fatty, used to be fat or got turned down by a fatty
    haha well i agree with you theres deffinitly something going on maybe they turn him on and he can't accept it so decides to say how awful they are instead =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Yes size 14 does mean the person is carrying quite a fair bit of extra weight. The harm I could do? I'm pretty sure that obesity and denial are actually the main problems here, and it's hardly my fault that unfit people are ignoring what clearly is a problem.
    Why can I judge? Because I keep myself in shape by going to a gym 3 times a week for several hours, so why can't everyone else? That's why I can say to people that they should do something about your weight & be ashamed of being obese. If people are working on loosing weight that's truly great & a step in the right direction. If they aren't however, they should be ashamed of themselves.
    for your information Marylin Monroe was a size 16 and she's one of the most beautiful women that ever existed.

Oh, and there is a difference between being slightly overweight and being obese, so get it right before you start patronising.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.