Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In reality, so long as you're at a top 20 uni it doesn't really matter, the cream always rises to the surface. However, I've never met one Loughbrough student at a Front Office AC/Interview, and I've been to a fair few. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    In reality, so long as you're at a top 20 uni it doesn't really matter, the cream always rises to the surface. However, I've never met one Loughbrough student at a Front Office AC/Interview, and I've been to a fair few. :p:
    Likewise.

ReputationRep:
    It'll likely be durham as the major reasons making me consider loughborough are non-academic.Granted Lboro offer a work placement like many on this thread have said but so do Durham, so that isn't a unique advantage. Lboro is also seen by a lot of people as a 'fun' uni to study at.But to be honest it might be best for me to not choose one based on how much fun I can have there even though I would not class Durham as boring (I can sometimes get sidetracked) and it might be the difference between a 1st or a 2.1. Think somewhere relatively more quiet, where I probably won't get as much distraction might be my best option.....Think i've almost made my mind up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soarin)
    It'll likely be durham as the major reasons making me consider loughborough are non-academic.Granted Lboro offer a work placement like many on this thread have said but so do Durham, so that isn't a unique advantage. Lboro is also seen by a lot of people as a 'fun' uni to study at.But to be honest it might be best for me to not choose one based on how much fun I can have there even though I would not class Durham as boring (I can sometimes get sidetracked) and it might be the difference between a 1st or a 2.1. Think somewhere relatively more quiet, where I probably won't get as much distraction might be my best option.....Think i've almost made my mind up now
    The Stockton Campus is boring lol, just as an aside, visit both before you make your final decision!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go for Durham. It's clear you want to by your posts. Also, as you've pretty much said, Durham is more academic focused, which will be a good thing for you and keep you focused on your studies.

ReputationRep:
    Man, I'm telling you, the lifestyle choices you make now will be with you for 3 long, hard years. Lboro has some fit people there. Really fit. So if big game hunting is your thing then go to Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    Man, I'm telling you, the lifestyle choices you make now will be with you for 3 long, hard years. Lboro has some fit people there. Really fit. So if big game hunting is your thing then go to Durham.
    This man speaks the truth! Only come here if you have a Olympiad/Statuesque physique. If you're a pasty looking nerd then go to Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    Very true. You don't get many from Loughborough going into IB, but the best will always surface. I mentioned a friend a few pages back - a Loughborough finalist studying Politics - he's had internships, been to loads of ACs and I would bet on him having at least 1 offer. He was always pretty serious about this sort of thing from Day 1. Likewise, I've known people from Southampton and Lancaster (the 'less' targeted unis) who have had FO offers. Even Bournemouth is targeted (albeit for Ops I believe).

If you're good enough, you will definitely make it. You might just have to work a lot harder to stand out if you come from those lesser targeted unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damarus)
    This man speaks the truth! Only come here if you have a Olympiad/Statuesque physique. If you're a pasty looking nerd then go to Durham.
    Lol, 'pasty looking nerd' .Definitely not- couldn't be further from the truth. See that's the point, don't want to go somewhere and start enjoying myself so much I end up losing focus... you are really tempting me though...[/
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Think somewhere relatively more quiet, where I probably won't get as much distraction might be my best option.....Think i've almost made my mind up now
    Lol, 'pasty looking nerd' .Definitely not- couldn't be further from the truth. See that's the point, don't want to go somewhere and start enjoying myself so much I end up losing focus... you are really tempting me though...
    These comments are just naive. You're going to enjoy yourself at any university. If you put 0000s of students into one place there's going to be tons of **** to do, regardless of the size of the city.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.