Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatal_Microbes)
    Now whats really *messed* up is alphabetical order...

You're telling me that 'A' comes before 'B'

Yeah right...
    :rofl:

(Original post by Fatal_Microbes)
    Because it is more expected that a male will run their hands accross lady legs/thighs than the otherway around.
    Therefore you must be smooth to reduce friction!
    But whyyy?? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diminutive)
    I think the fact we use wheat in the way we do and have done for years. I mean, who come up with getting wheat plants and processing them in the way that we do?? and then adding stuff to get bread, pasta etc.
    This!
    Also, as others have said, the internet, dancing, having pets! For me, I also find laughter very weird.
    'HAHAHAHAHA!' 'Wtf? :lolwut: Why are you making that noise?' 'It was to show my amusement' 'Oh. I'd better join in then! HAHAHAHAHA!'

ReputationRep:
    The creation of names for objects...
    Why is grass called grass? Why are humans called humans? Its very odd to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    But whyyy?? :sad:
    Because males are slightly less into being ''petted'' as it lowers their alpha male status?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    Much like the eyelashes, they protect the eyes from things falling in them.
    Which I find highly ironic as the things that usually fall in my eyes are SODDING EYELASHES! *Grrrr* :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Santa Clause

Surgery, especially plastic surgery, transplants and joints being replaced with metal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    :yes:

What is it good for?
    Making awesome movies, like 300 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Having to enlarge your butthole to excrete waste.

(Original post by Knocking One Out)
    Making awesome movies, like 300 :yep:
    Warnings Level: 15

How are you still here? :lolwut:

And also Star Wars. But IRL it's not a good thing at all. :gangster:

ReputationRep:
    what makes us laugh? i know something 'funny' but whats defined as being funny
    the whole reaction of laughing is weird, its a pretty weird sensation - especially when its uncontrollable

ReputationRep:
    Drinking alcohol...

ReputationRep:
    reality?

I mean, its probably pretty different for everyone because people percieve everything differently, so if you could experience things with someone elses perception, would you just freak the hell out?

But in your own mind, most of the time, stuff makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socialite)
    Another thing that I find odd...transport. People not moving their bodies but travelling large distances just by moving along the ground in little boxes, with a load of others in the same box, just coasting along nonchalantly. Imagine the reaction of our ancestors!
    Not to mention crossing the road - surely in generations to come, it'll be one of the many stupid things people did back in the old days. I mean, have you stood on one of those island things in the middle of the road and had some massive lorry fly in front of you, literally an arms reach away, over 30mph? In those situations I just think this **** ain't right. I mean we expect children, the old/infirm, blind,deaf and otherwise physically impaired people to simply deal with it, ignoring the fact that it has to injure/kill loads of people each year. However we still vigorously insist that able bodied grown men and women wear hard hats at a construction site, basically on the off chance a hammer falls and lands on their head.

I think a lot of health and safety regulations are basically trying to compensate for the fact that we pretty much cross the path of tons of speeding metal, several times, everyday relying on nothing but our wits and a little green man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfizzle)
    talking! when you think about talking and how we just know what words mean what, it's pretty weird :P

and when you think of other languages you think of them thinking in english , translating it into their language, but really they think it and say it in ttheir language! if that makes sense
    When I was little I used to think that everyone in the world thought in English and then translated it in their heads to their own language. I couldn't understand why they went to all the effort!

This thread is fantastic

ReputationRep:
    Warnings Level: 15

How are you still here? :lolwut:

And also Star Wars. But IRL it's not a good thing at all. :gangster:
    No idea, it is some kind of bug I am meant to have 0

No idea, it is some kind of bug I am meant to have 0
    Oh, did you ask to be banned? And now you've been unbanned, but the points haven't been taken off?

ReputationRep:
    I find the way we've divided the countryside into square fields weird.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, did you ask to be banned? And now you've been unbanned, but the points haven't been taken off?
    I trolled on another account, but they thought I trolled on this one so banned this one. I explained the situation, they banned the other one and unbanned this one but the points wont go.

I trolled on another account, but they thought I trolled on this one so banned this one. I explained the situation, they banned the other one and unbanned this one but the points wont go.
    Oh! Wow, that's a riveting tale. Wait. Are you Crazy Paving?

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Wow, that's a riveting tale. Wait. Are you Crazy Paving?
    Nope.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.