Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    Good point, well made.

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good ******** story. Holy ****!

- George Carlin

ReputationRep:
    religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    its not that odd. when we were babies we got it from our mums. only natural when we grow up we'll still want it. getting it from cows isnt that odd... still getting it from our mothers... now that would be very odd
    Imagine if we drank Cat's milk x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Generally, they are believed to have survived evolution as they keep sweat out of our eyes. I know for certain that if a fly comes towards my eyes, my eyebrows don't suddenly turn into a venus flytrap and save me :p:
    Oh? Mine do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Haha, photos are so strange! It's sort of being stamped onto a tiny piece of......... Not really sure! But how does it see the image in the first place?!
    In very brief terms -w ithin the camera there is an array of CCDs (charged-couple devices) over which a Bayer layer is placed. This layer filters the RGB values detected in whatever the camera is being pointed at through the lense, and the CCDs detect light. Put those together and you get an image

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesssty)
    A forum about school, that prevents you from actually doing school work.
    Haha, this. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Going to the Toliet (youknow) lol

I find this weird,

ReputationRep:
    jellyfish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    In very brief terms -w ithin the camera there is an array of CCDs (charged-couple devices) over which a Bayer layer is placed. This layer filters the RGB values detected in whatever the camera is being pointed at through the lense, and the CCDs detect light. Put those together and you get an image
    So you get the CCDs detecting light and the RGBs from your surroundings.

Clear as mud! :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    where do deleted messages go?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara592)
    where do deleted messages go?!
    That is one of life's greatest mysteries.

Personally I believe they are annihilated by an anti-matter message, although there is little evidence of this at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    The order we eat food in.

Who decided that we should eat the savoury first and then the sweet?

ReputationRep:
    i think life itself is weird. the fact that we start from a microscopic, miniscule cell and grow into fully fledged adults just completely astounds me.

also, the universe. its only when you start comparing the size of planets and then the size of galaxies, when you realise just how SMALL and relativity insignificant we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Believing there's a man in the sky who watches all of us every day, judges our actions, listens to us when we talk to him, can see our thoughts, and when we die, will decide whether we get eternally tortured or spend the rest of eternity in the most boring sounding place imaginable - heaven.
    It's not weird to all of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic Tears)
    And that in itself is weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic Tears)
    That's the point. This thread is about things that are weird that 'we' as a society see as normal.

I personally don't see religion as normal - I think it's bat-**** crazy - but society sees it as relatively normal. Yet, it is weird.

ReputationRep:
    When someone rings you up on your mobile, finds that you're engaged so they call your house phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    That's the point. This thread is about things that are weird that 'we' as a society see as normal.

I personally don't see religion as normal - I think it's bat-**** crazy - but society sees it as relatively normal. Yet, it is weird.
    Yes I know you think it's weird but me and others don't which is why I said that it's not weird to all of us

ReputationRep:
    Normality is a matter of perspective but I'll play this game all the same. One of lifes great mysteries is the effect music has on us, something wonderfully emotive about a series of vibrations.
    On a more lighthearted note, what are eyebrows for, they don't do anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    On a more lighthearted note, what are eyebrows for, they don't do anything!
    They keep dust and dirt from your eyes, but lets be honest, they rarely work!
    HOWEVER. imagine a life without them. people without eyebrows look so weird!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.