The Student Room Group

Wierd things we see as normal!

Scroll to see replies

n1r4v
The fact that a sequence of sound waves produced by our voice box, literally dictate the way that we control our lives and actual physical stuff in our surroundings.

We control our lives and "actual physical stuff in our surroundings" with our brains. Not our voice boxes.

I, for one, am not voice activated. I don't know about you...
Being able to, and still going out and voting for individuals who influence how we as a society must act, how much of our possessions we must give away to the collective fund, promise us that our society will be better if we choose them. Yet every time it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference yet we still go out and vote again.

Also possessions and houses are a pretty weird concept if you think about it.

And then we have the mystical unexplainedness of
<Marquee> text written here will move!!! </marquee>

When a marquee is a STATIONARY OBJECT
didgeridoo12uk
its not that odd. when we were babies we got it from our mums. only natural when we grow up we'll still want it. getting it from cows isn't that odd... still getting it from our mothers... now that would be very odd

I think you've got that the wrong way round. Getting it from our mothers would be normal, that is milk made for us.

Getting milk from a cow is the weird one, that is milk made to feed a baby cow, us drinking it is like women giving their milk to feed baby cows.
Reply 43
The fact that we can't drink the majority of water on the planet because it's got too much of one mineral in it
I came out of my mum's vagina. Her vagina.
Reply 45
tatoos!! why the hell anyone would want to be in pain for some black lines on their body?!
Steezy

Anyone got any other examples???

Sex :ninja:
Antonia87
I came out of my mum's vagina. Her vagina.

Ah but as a sperm you also went into it =P
Reply 48
im loving this thread btw :biggrin:
Having sex maybe?

Like where did they know where to put it? - i'm still not 100%:p:
Reply 50
Bslforever
We control our lives and "actual physical stuff in our surroundings" with our brains. Not our voice boxes.

I, for one, am not voice activated. I don't know about you...

No, I was trying to highlight how communication is so important in lives. And how uttering a few words like "detonate this bomb" [sound waves] can change the physical environment so majorly.

Thought is a similar concept; how entities which aren't necessarily physical can have such an impact on the physical environment.

We live in a conceptual world.
Reply 51
HumanNature1992
Having sex maybe?

I think having sex for pleasure is very strange!

It's a naturally pleasurable to make sure we still want to do it. But we've become addicted to that pleasure & find ways around the main objective of sex, to indulge in the side effect!
HumanNature1992
Having sex maybe?

You stole my idea :biggrin: :perv:
Steezy
I think having sex for pleasure is very strange!

It's a naturally pleasurable to make sure we still want to do it. But we've become addicted to that pleasure & find ways around the main objective of sex, to indulge in the side effect!

Unlikely seeing as the majority of animals do not have sex for pleasure and they get along just fine.
Reply 54
Bslforever
Unlikely seeing as the majority of animals do not have sex for pleasure and they get along just fine.

Pretty sure they enjoy it though. Apart from Panda's - which then caused obvious repercussions.

What's your problem anyway dude. Chill
Reply 55
Buying expensive fashion.
grape:)

Why is it weird? :dontknow:
grape:)

I guess also some things that we consider as being fashionable too.
Reply 58
Butterflyleg

That we seek to spend lot's of money on clothes that are there just to protect us in whatever weather... I mean it's strange how clothes have exceeded their original function to the point that we'd pay £1000's for something.
Reply 59
Butterflyleg

If we were watched on a nature show that would be very wierd behaviour. It's quite a desperate form of a mating call really

Quick Reply