Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qazwsx123)
    i always wondered bout who named numbers....which always makes me think about who named words, like a dog could be called a chair
    bizzare eh

:ditto: i always used to think about pairs. What if fire was called water and vice versa. To be honest even if it was the other way round we would still take it for granted; wouldnt even care if it was written the other way round, because it would still look normal to us.

ReputationRep:
    a round of applause??? how ******* weird is that???!! we all whack our hands together when someones done something good?? who the hell came up with that???

ReputationRep:
    Dancing, dunno why, always found it weird. Sound is just a stimulus like smell, touch, pressure, temperature etc , what made us move to sound. Some animals appear to "dance" but they don't do it to music do they?

And why do we have hair growth in just the strangest places, or maybe not strange, but random. top of heads, eyebrows, face, armpits and groin? and sometimes ... other places... :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    the thought that the concept of up and down only applies if you're on a planet with gravity on it. If you were in space, which way would be up, down, left or right????

ReputationRep:
    what are the purpose of eyebrows

ReputationRep:
    also saying amen after a prayer is the way to 'finish' it, otherwise your still talking to god :|

amazing thread btw

ReputationRep:
    My parents had sex... :zomg:

Also, the fact that we get so attached to stuffed animals. Basically pieces of fabric. And then we can't sleep without them, despite them being threadbare and often disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Singing & music - I mean, making sounds that sound nice, haha!
    Putting on make up, especially mascara, you are just putting black **** on your eyelashes ... WHY? Why do we think it looks good to have big eyelashes??
    Is how we see colours HOW THEY ARE ACTUALLY COLOURED? How do we know? We might choose a colour scheme for a room and think it looks great, then what if an alien with different eyes saw it and to them it look HORRIBLE like kahki green and neon pink or something. WTF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly1992)
    what are the purpose of eyebrows
    Much like the eyelashes, they protect the eyes from things falling in them.

ReputationRep:
    Fat people.

ReputationRep:
    I've once gagged drinking milk cos I thought too much about it.
    Why are women expected to shave their legs and not men?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00EyeOfTheStorm00)
    Why are women expected to shave their legs and not men?!
    Because it is more expected that a male will run their hands accross lady legs/thighs than the otherway around.
    Therefore you must be smooth to reduce friction!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    Only being sexually attracted to adults and not children.
    Speak for yourself :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    its not that odd. when we were babies we got it from our mums. only natural when we grow up we'll still want it. getting it from cows isnt that odd... still getting it from our mothers... now that would be very odd
    ...apart from the fact that everyone is allergic to cow's milk at first and some races never get lactose tolerant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    Much like the eyelashes, they protect the eyes from things falling in them.
    Generally, they are believed to have survived evolution as they keep sweat out of our eyes. I know for certain that if a fly comes towards my eyes, my eyebrows don't suddenly turn into a venus flytrap and save me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Eggs are like a chickens' period...... Little feotus to eat with toast!

...Thanks for that :eating:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss-Free)
    Who decided to squeeze those pink things hanging from a cow, then drink whatever came out of it?!
    Maybe, just maybe, someone realized that baby cows suckled there, so assumed that a nutritious milk akin to what we get from our mothers came out there?

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact we use wheat in the way we do and have done for years. I mean, who come up with getting wheat plants and processing them in the way that we do?? and then adding stuff to get bread, pasta etc.

ReputationRep:
    Flying through a cloud, in a plane

ReputationRep:
    putting a tree in our houses for about a month and decorating it?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.