Turn on thread page Beta

Brit Awards 2010 Nominations watch

ReputationRep:
    Oasis - (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? only credible album on that 30 year list dido wtf???
    shame to cheryl cole (Y)
    Kasbian the only genuine decent act nominated in the top awards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmgrem)
    Oh ok, sorry, my bad!
    I do still prefer Little Boots though and think she's a better live singer and more talented.
    Not being funny, but Pixie Lott is the 'whole package'.

Put it this way: you wouldn't buy FHM if you saw Little Boots in it, whereas you would if you saw Pixie in it.

Proves how shallow the industry is, but still, Pixie Lott is hot and still very talented, hence why she's more popular.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Bat for Lashes and Florence + the machine were bands. Anyways, I hope Coldplay beat out Oasis; they won't, but I can dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohello.)
    only credible people win Best Group.

JLS are an embarassment to music.
    I would disagree. In 2004, Best British Group went to The Darkness.

JLS are a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't consider them an embarrassment to music because they don't seem to be trying to be anything they're not, and they produce vaguely acceptable pop music. What's wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    I thought Bat for Lashes and Florence + the machine were bands. Anyways, I hope Coldplay beat out Oasis; they won't, but I can dream.
    Bat For Lashes is a stage name and The Machine reffers to her band, I think. I could be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    only credible people win Best Group.

JLS are an embarassment to music.
    The fact JLS are nominated for so many awards is a joke.

Joe as bad as he is, is apparently nomiated as the top ten singles on sales and airplay are the chosen ones.
    :mad: what's with the JLS hate?

(Original post by unknownpleasures)

JLS are a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't consider them an embarrassment to music because they don't seem to be trying to be anything they're not, and they produce vaguely acceptable pop music. What's wrong with that?
    totally agree. but they're not a guilty pleasure for me, i openly admit i love them

ReputationRep:
    Where's the international band category?

Personally I think Pixie,Muse,JLS,and Gaga
    should all get an award.
    I'm suprised Leona got an nomination,
    I thought her last album bombed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_10)
    :mad: what's with the JLS hate?

totally agree. but they're not a guilty pleasure for me, i openly admit i love them
    JLS are crap just face it. They have no chance of winning Best Group with their dire uninspired music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownpleasures)

The Darkness were credible back then however hard that is to believe. At least they wrote their own music unlike Just Really ***** Aka JLS.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised Biffy haven't been nominated for anything tbh.

ReputationRep:
    JLS are crap just face it. They have no chance of winning Best Group with their dire uninspired music.
    The Darkness were credible back then however hard that is to believe. At least they wrote their own music unlike Just Really ***** Aka JLS.
    the same person, but i wanted to reply to both parts.

JLS are really good and if you look at the writing credits (i don't think that's the right term) they actually wrote a fair few of their songs.
    it would make my day if they won best group, as voted for by the music industry...it would annoy all music snobs
    i hope they do win one award at least though.

ReputationRep:

JLS are really good and if you look at the writing credits (i don't think that's the right term) they actually wrote a fair few of their songs.
    it would make my day if they won best group, as voted for by the music industry...it would annoy all music snobs
    I think girls see them through rose tinted spectacles.

ReputationRep:

They are not even the best boyband in Britain let alone the best group.

ReputationRep:
    Just chill. Decent bands and musicians don't need to be validated by winning a Brit award.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilson_smith)
    A bit of me just died inside
    Hopefully the little spirit from the bit of you that died is stilll inside you though, so it's all good (Y) It's just more free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMJBGBWC)
    Not being funny, but Pixie Lott is the 'whole package'.

Put it this way: you wouldn't buy FHM if you saw Little Boots in it, whereas you would if you saw Pixie in it.

Proves how shallow the industry is, but still, Pixie Lott is hot and still very talented, hence why she's more popular.
    I think Little Boots is gorgeous. I really don't get it with Pixie Lott - she's very boring looking.

Anyway, this is who I want to win:
    British Female Solo Artist
    Lily Allen

British Male Solo Artist
    Dizzee Rascal

British Breakthrough Act
    Friendly Fires
    La Roux

British Group
    Friendly Fires

MasterCard British Album
    Lily Allen - It’s Not Me, It’s You

British Single
    La Roux - In For The Kill
    Lily Allen - The Fear

Critics' Choice
    Ellie Goulding
    Delphic
    Marina and the Diamonds

BRITs Album of 30 Years
    Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
    Oasis - (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?

International Female Solo Artist
    Lady Gaga
    Ladyhawke
    Rihanna

International Male Solo Artist
    Jay-Z

International Album
    Lady Gaga - The Fame

International Breakthrough Act
    Lady Gaga

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so aside from the gripes I had earlier here's who I think should win..

Nominees
    British Female Solo Artist
    Lily Allen

British Male Solo Artist
    Calvin Harris
    OR
    Dizzee Rascal
    (However I think it's stupid how neither of their singles are nominated.. Bonkers by Dizzee and You're Not Alone by Calvin, were both massive number 1s this year!!!)

British Breakthrough Act
    La Roux
    (for me, she actually did come out of nowhere.. whereas I'd heard of Florence before, but she just wasn't in the mainstream until now)

British Group
    Kasabian

MasterCard British Album
    Florence & the Machine - Lungs

British Single
    La Roux - In For The Kill
    OR
    Tinchy Stryder Ft N-Dubz - Number 1
    (because I think N-Dubz and Tinchy deserve to appear somewhere as they have definitely contributed to chart music this year)

Critics' Choice
    Delphic
    (I like all 3 so I don't really mind..)

BRITs Album of 30 Years
    Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
    (I don't think any of the artists nominated are up in the criteria of being ones to define the past 30 yrs with the exception of Coldplay and Oasis)

International Female Solo Artist
    Lady Gaga

International Male Solo Artist
    Jay-Z

International Album
    Black Eyed Peas - The End
    (Although we all know Lady Gaga will win this one too, but BEPs definitely deserve something as it's been a big year for them in the UK charts!)

International Breakthrough Act
    Lady Gaga

Outstanding Contribution Award
    Robbie Williams

ReputationRep:
    Where's Jamie T?!?!?!?!

Kings & Queens was one of the best albums of last year!!!

ReputationRep:
    If Lily Allen doesn't win anything I will be very angry and you don't wanna see me when I'm angry!

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd to see Joe Mcelderry mentioned!!

If Brothers In Arms doesn't win i will not be pleased. One of the greatest albums ever and definitely better than the rest on the list.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.