Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have an interview at Birmingham Uni next week for a secondary Geography PGCE. The letter I received says that I will be interviewed and tested but it doesn't give any more detail than that. I would love some advice about the test from anybody that has already been.

At the open day I was advised the test would be subject related i.e. Geography but I have no idea what level this will be set at i.e. will the test be at GCSE level, A Level or Degree level.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview at Birmingham for the Geography PGCE in 2 weeks time. My letter said the same too, so I don't really know what to expect either... So any help from anyone else would be much appreciated too! Good Luck x x

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview a week ago and just found out I have a place.

The test was really simple (took 15 min) I got given a photograph of an industrial scene in an MEDC and asked to write short answers to three Q's.... (I think they have a number of photographs tho so it may not be an industrial image)

1 - where do you think this is and why?
    2 - Does the scene depict, human, physical or environmental geography (examples)?
    3 - choose on one aspect of the geography of the image and describe.
    (the wording was a bit different but thats the general idea)

In the interview I had to talk about the photograph and my answers. They asked typical interview Q like why is geog important as a subject for children to learn, why do you want to teach, how would you teach geography etc, they asked a lot about my personal schooling and extra curricular activities whilst at school / Uni. They also gave me a situational Q about a child making a racist comment i.e. what I would do, was the comment racist of a factual statement.

They are really nice and laid back and if you get a little muddled they prompt you along the correct path. My interview took an hour including the test. Good luck hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blairwitchgirluk)
    Hi, I have an interview at Birmingham for the Geography PGCE in 2 weeks time. My letter said the same too, so I don't really know what to expect either... So any help from anyone else would be much appreciated too! Good Luck x x
    Also this article was really helpfull for interview prep.... Some good Q's and A's

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?st...04146&s_cid=16

ReputationRep:
    Hey, congrats on getting on the course! My interview is thurs so fingers crossed.. Thanks for all the info. I'll let you know how I get on - we might be coursemates in Sept! x x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how did the interview go? Did you hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I heard back last week, but sadly didn't get in They told me at the interview that they only had 4 places left and were interviewing 12 people, so it was quite strong competition. I don't think I did very well on the picture task, as it was a physical geog picture but I did mostly human geography! I have an interview at Sheffield now so fingers crossed I get in there. Good luck on your course.

ReputationRep:
    I got into Sheffield

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.