Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wrote about dna hybridisation and comparing sequence of bases and immunology comparison basically the whole shabang!

Same, thats gonna be horrific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cate1809)
    Ahhh that's reassuring, think i put something along those lines, said something like the concentration of other substances in the capillary will be greater and so they'll move by osmosis.

I'm trying to remember other questions but my mind seems to have blocked it all out lol
    What did you guys write for the number of stomata question?
    I was like o_O

ReputationRep:
    This exam was ridiculous, the questions werent too hard, just really badly/vaguely written. Fluid F was just Plasma, no marks for putting just Blood as blood is made of plasma and red blood cells, but it showed red blood cells separately. the last question was DNA hybridisation, though i think you could also get away with the Albumin experiment with rabbits if you wanted. they measured head length because the body curles round, making it more difficult to measure full body length as you'd have to stretch/interfere with the seahorses to get it
    I cant wait for Biol4 on monday im much happier with my genetics and biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeon Prince)
    What did you guys write for the number of stomata question?
    I was like o_O
    Oh god i completely blagged that lol, something about count the number then calculate it and then i put something about comparing it to a mm squared grid or whatever. Weird question :/

ReputationRep:
    i think you could talk about a grid over the thin piece of epidermis

ReputationRep:
    Lol im glad someone cannot wait... I still have alot of revision to learn for that Any one do ocr chemistry salters here too?

Also with the exam, they were very vaguely written and i didnt really get about why a control group? and about the graph and boxes wen they used that taxol was it? And the standard deviation bit - i think i put something like measure distance from the mean.. but i couldnt really do the graph and the volume of the tumour yet still increased - at like a slower rate but i just didnt know how to write like my answers

Did u get 4. 13 i think for the species diversity? something like that

They also repeated about why the cells need to be thin as that came up in June and i only learned one of the answers from the mark scheme

Do aqa ever lower there boundaries or is it always like 80% for an A 70 for a B etc...

ReputationRep:
    I've got it all revised, if you need a hand drop me a pm
    i got about 4.13ish for the diversity, and standard deviation is the spread of data about the mean value. for the Taxol one i think the idea was to say Taxol is more effective than OGC (or whatever it was) but you cant draw a conclusion between Taxol and a combination of OGC and Taxol, though the graph showed the combined treatment slowed the tumour down more, the actual numbers showed they overlapped so you cant be sure which is more effective

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, i know this question probably sounds stupid to you lot but Im confused.
    In this exam i didn't answer questions 8 and 9 but answered all of question 10, do you think theres any chance the examiner will forget to mark question 10?
    Because on the first page it even says to answer ALL questions
    :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayRock)
    Hey Guys, i know this question probably sounds stupid to you lot but Im confused.
    In this exam i didn't answer questions 8 and 9 but answered all of question 10, do you think theres any chance the examiner will forget to mark question 10?

LOL

ReputationRep:
    nah they'll mark the entire thing for you. but if you're unsure when you get the results you can request your marked exam back for a small fee to check

ReputationRep:
    Are the grade boundaries for this paper going to be lower than the first one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    unit 2 aqa is just bull:shifty:
    Couldn't agree more tbh.

I wanna see this paper.

AQA.

ReputationRep:
    how do you define a hierarchy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubberdam123)
    how do you define a hierarchy?
    I said a system that classifies things into successive levels based on certain criteria not too sure though as thats a general definition, not one focused on biology

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty tough exam, even though I finished it 30 minutes before the deadline. Is that good or bad :confused:

ReputationRep:
    this paper was horrid, last time an A was 55/85, B 49/85 and I dunno about the rest.
    This time I think it will be 50/85 for A, 44/85 B, 40/85 C and hopefully none of us will get below that. And thanks artymess for answering my "stupid" question

ReputationRep:
    this paper was horrid, last time an A was 55/85, B 49/85 and I dunno about the rest.
    This time I think it will be 50/85 for A, 44/85 B, 40/85 C and hopefully none of us will get below that. And thanks artymess for answering my "stupid" question
    Welcome i reckon the boundary will be lowered a bit for this exam, it all depends on what the students get. if everyone's getting 80-90% they raise them, if everyones getting 50-60% they'll probably lower them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    I said a system that classifies things into successive levels based on certain criteria not too sure though as thats a general definition, not one focused on biology
    The second mark was for saying that the species are NON-OVERLAPPING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BringMeThatHorizon)
    The second mark was for saying that the species are NON-OVERLAPPING.
    Thankyou! knew i was missing a mark there

ReputationRep:
    oh good i put they are non overlapping, yeah I agree that the whole paper was a bit
    I expect nothing less from AQA though, they love horribly ambiguous questions and really precise mark schemes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.