Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riiight.)
    I'm 90% sure it said methods, not just one method. In which case you would have been able to get 4 marks (possibly 5) by just explaining one method in good detail. I think for the last couple of marks though you will have needed to mention DNA sequencing/amino acid order.

BTW, your name, it's after the band yeah?
    Ohhhh I get you now. Oh well. I am soooo resitting this paper again in the summer. January modules for unit2s are generally harder because you're competing against all the resit candidates and they are all in the U6th and they are all soooooooooooo clever so grade boundaries go up up up But in the summer, we'll be competing against year 12 students who will probably be sitting this paper for the first time so yeah :p:

My name is actually a famous quote from my heroooooooooooo jack sparrow at the end of pirates of the caribbean 1. but YES there is a band called bring me that horizon but i discovered them after the movie i am sooooo obsessed with potc lol :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BringMeThatHorizon)
    Ohhhh I get you now. Oh well. I am soooo resitting this paper again in the summer. January modules for unit2s are generally harder because you're competing against all the resit candidates and they are all in the U6th and they are all soooooooooooo clever so grade boundaries go up up up But in the summer, we'll be competing against year 12 students who will probably be sitting this paper for the first time so yeah :p:

My name is actually a famous quote from my heroooooooooooo jack sparrow at the end of pirates of the caribbean 1. but YES there is a band called bring me that horizon but i discovered them after the movie i am sooooo obsessed with potc lol :P
    All true! I think a resit may be in order for me too, have to wait and see.

Ahhh, yes potc is a great film. I would never have guessed you love it. It's not as if you've got all the pirate emoticons in your sig or anything. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riiight.)
    Oh hi, I'd like to announce how easy this paper was, just to make everyone else feel worse!

No one cares.
    Oh so this question..
    How did everyone find it?
    ..only applies to people who found it difficult?

ReputationRep:

Im pretty sure you could score full marks for DNA hybridisation. Because there is no way you could explain/describe the other processes as well even if it said METHODS.

I'll be happy with an A in any shape or sizeeeeee :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FayeFayeFaye)
    I never would of thought to say those things.. Oh god!!Also u no about what happens to the species diversity of the plants and animals by growing health did u say that they both decrease? as in animals like hedges - habitats are cut down to increase the amount of land.. blahh! And with the plant question on the very first page - was that directed at the cellulose cell wall? As thats what i put.. I know it sounds silly - i do not want results back at all.. and what were the two things about the mice? Was that like they shud be from the same genetic background if u no what i mean.. and the fish question.. was like abit that they have a large surface area? And like countercurrent flow cud take place?
    lots of questions! haha i'm almost all biology'ed out. species diversity decreases, plants because only one species is growing, wheat (im sure theres another marking point or 2 but i cant remember) and animals decrease because theres less variety of food/less niches so interspecific competition increases, resulting in death or migration of animal species. yes i think the arrow was to the cell wall. not too sure about the mice as i hate HSW questions, but i think the idea is genetically similar so results are comparable. and the fish question you needed 2 out of the 3 possibilities from ficks law, so you can mention large surface area of gill lamellae, small distance for gases to diffuse across, i.e. vessels are close to surface of gills, or you can mention the constant concentration gradient maintained over the gill surface by the countercurrent flow of blood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    lots of questions! haha i'm almost all biology'ed out. species diversity decreases, plants because only one species is growing, wheat (im sure theres another marking point or 2 but i cant remember) and animals decrease because theres less variety of food/less niches so interspecific competition increases, resulting in death or migration of animal species. yes i think the arrow was to the cell wall. not too sure about the mice as i hate HSW questions, but i think the idea is genetically similar so results are comparable. and the fish question you needed 2 out of the 3 possibilities from ficks law, so you can mention large surface area of gill lamellae, small distance for gases to diffuse across, i.e. vessels are close to surface of gills, or you can mention the constant concentration gradient maintained over the gill surface by the countercurrent flow of blood

HIGH FIVE! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the mice one, was it about sample sizes?

ReputationRep:
    i said for specis of plants may stay same as the wheat may be grown where there are loads of one of the plants such aas meath or sumfin which sed 11 per m2 therefore if only this area is used it will not affect? is this ok

ReputationRep:
    close dental :rolleyes:
    What about you? what are you applying for slash what did you get in this module last year?
    why the hell are you resitting if you got 107 UMS!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    why the hell are you resitting if you got 107 UMS!?
    Because my ******* stupid idiotic dental school offers are AAB with As in BOTH chem and bio...I got a B overall in Bio AS...got 77 in unit1, 107 in unit2 and 30something in the ******* ISA.
    Sorry about the language - but i hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hate HATE HOW SCIENCE WORKS biology stuff like ISAs and such. I prefer chemistry by a mileeeeee lol. I resat unit 1 bio last week and unit2 today. Unit 1 was so much better!!

ReputationRep:
    Because my ******* stupid idiotic dental school offers are AAB with As in BOTH chem and bio...I got a B overall in Bio AS...got 77 in unit1, 107 in unit2 and 30something in the ******* ISA.
    Sorry about the language - but i hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hate HATE HOW SCIENCE WORKS biology stuff like ISAs and such. I prefer chemistry by a mileeeeee lol. I resat unit 1 bio last week and unit2 today. Unit 1 was so much better!!
    Im sure you'll be fine. Im in the same boat but Medschool. Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh2009)
    Im sure you'll be fine. Im in the same boat but Medschool. Where have you applied?
    Lol yayyy someone knows what I mean. God I feel so thick at school; all the medics and dentists score like FULL UMS and are all going to top unis and I'm here sitting on a B in biology. dammnitttttttt lol. I applied to Bham, Leeds, Kings college and Bristol. I have an offer from bham and interviews from leeds and bristol :rolleyes: but you know what really sucks, having offers but knowing that theres a possibility (and a high possibility!!) that you might not even get the grades :mad: I do hate life. officially.
    lol, what about you? where you applied/heard from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diesegeld)
    I can't remember the mice one, was it about sample sizes?
    the mice one was what 2 factors could they take into consideration when they chose the number of mice for the experiment..or somethin
    i didnt really get it but i put firstly theyd need to consider ethical issues - and use as minimal as possible and secondly theyd need to have enough mice for a representative sample size...if that makes sense!! ahhh!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol yayyy someone knows what I mean. God I feel so thick at school; all the medics and dentists score like FULL UMS and are all going to top unis and I'm here sitting on a B in biology. dammnitttttttt lol. I applied to Bham, Leeds, Kings college and Bristol. I have an offer from bham and interviews from leeds and bristol :rolleyes: but you know what really sucks, having offers but knowing that theres a possibility (and a high possibility!!) that you might not even get the grades :mad: I do hate life. officially.

Well I'm gapping so applying this September for entry in 2011. My pred grades weren't up to scratch and my teacchers wouldnt budge. :mad: ABB so In Bio Chem Physics. So hoping to get AAA end of the summer and proving them wrong. :yep: Which I think I'm well on the way to doing after todays exam lol.

KCL Cardiff Manchester Nottingham are looking to be my choices hopefully. All the best with your Unis and I'm sure with some good ol' hard work you'll get those grades mate. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    haha don't knock sitting on a B in biology thats all i've got at the moment, 21 UMS off an A, but after this resit and hopefully mondays Biol4 exam i should have boosted it. haha currently very worried that i need ABB to go to manchester, and i'm sat on BCC really should have done more work for AS

ReputationRep:
    any chance someones gonna do solutions?

like in maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly1992)
    the mice one was what 2 factors could they take into consideration when they chose the number of mice for the experiment..or somethin
    i didnt really get it but i put firstly theyd need to consider ethical issues - and use as minimal as possible and secondly theyd need to have enough mice for a representative sample size...if that makes sense!! ahhh!!
    ahhh.... i forgot all about ethics and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    What did u people get for the question about how to calculate the number of stomata per cm3? Gayest question ever! I just wrote measure the number per mm3 and multiply by 10? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly1992)
    yeah I did exactly the same, even though the second point contradicts the first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh2009)
    Well I'm gapping so applying this September for entry in 2011. My pred grades weren't up to scratch and my teacchers wouldnt budge. :mad: ABB so In Bio Chem Physics. So hoping to get AAA end of the summer and proving them wrong. :yep: Which I think I'm well on the way to doing after todays exam lol.

KCL Cardiff Manchester Nottingham are looking to be my choices hopefully. All the best with your Unis and I'm sure with some good ol' hard work you'll get those grades mate. :woo:
    Go get 'em mate! You should definately prove them wrong. Then next year, get a job, learn how to drive, chill, go on holiday, relaxxxxx and then submit to 5years of medicine. KCL would be the best uni I reckon. London is life. Oxford Street and Edgware road everyday = my heaven :yep:
    Best of luck to you too! You never know...we might both end up in KCL....lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2010

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.