Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, I am considering trying a pair of high waisted jeans :yep: It's mostly just an idle musing, I am unsure if they will be at all flattering.

If anyone wears them, whereabouts do you buy them, and what do you wear with them?
    I don't mean jeans that simply aren't really low, more of a deliberately high waist.

ReputationRep:
    I had a nice pair from primark but they fell apart pretty quick and I can't seem to find another pair. I like them in dark denim... I still wear a lot of high waisted shorts, usually with big check shirts or large tshirts to balance out the tightness. If you get the right high waisted-ness they're flattering, holds in any love handles

ReputationRep:
    they have some in topshop, and i think you wear it with a tucked in shirt/top... they've never really appealed to me, i prefer high waisted skirts, and yeah im not sure if they are that flattering, coz im guessing they show your whole stomach off.

ReputationRep:
    Topshop had a wide range last time I went in.

ReputationRep:
    topshop love this style...I think if they squeeze and flatter you sounds nice. I am too large for this but if you are a smaller size than a 14 you should be ok
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have a gorgeous pair of high waisted denim shorts from United Colours of Benetton...maybe check if there's a full length jeans version :yep: I really hated high waisted clothing before I tried these :giggle: but they were really flattering...

ReputationRep:
    They make everyone look fatter than they actually are, I really hate this fashion.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the quick replies
    I haven't seen them in Topshop, but it has been a while since I have really looked in their jeans section. I have a pair of very dark denim high waisted shorts from last summer from there which I love.
    I have a few high waisted skirts, which I agree are flattering, I just wasn't sure about jeans. I find it can be very difficult to get even a standard pair to fit in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    They only look good if you're slim tbh (not saying you aren't OP :tongue:)

ReputationRep:
    She's slim.

ReputationRep:
    They can be a little uncomfortable to sit in and if you have large breasts and you tucked you top in it looks like your top begins just under them which looks really bad.

ReputationRep:
    My hips and waist are so differently sized I can't buy them
    *cries*
    Topshop & Riverisland.

ReputationRep:
    100% get them they look so sexy on girls !

ReputationRep:
    I hate them, can't really envisage them looking too good on a girl unless she was hiding a muffin top

ReputationRep:
    I'm too scared to try them... only high waisted thing I'd wear are skirts.

ReputationRep:
    They look great if you have a tiny waste, as they accentuate it while still looking casual. I have a pair from topshop, and I know urban outfitters had some a few weeks back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coy Girl)
    As the title says, I am considering trying a pair of high waisted jeans :yep: It's mostly just an idle musing, I am unsure if they will be at all flattering.

If anyone wears them, whereabouts do you buy them, and what do you wear with them?
    I don't mean jeans that simply aren't really low, more of a deliberately high waist.
    Hey sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you get yourself some high waisted jeans? If so, where from? Because I LOVE high waisted shorts and skirts, but I haven't been able to find myself a good pair. I even searched in the massive Topshop in London but the only pair they did have weren't great.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Giggsy's Girl)
    Hey sorry to bring up an old thread, but did you get yourself some high waisted jeans? If so, where from? Because I LOVE high waisted shorts and skirts, but I haven't been able to find myself a good pair. I even searched in the massive Topshop in London but the only pair they did have weren't great.
    Not sure what the OP did but if you want High waisted shorts they had some awesome denim ones in United Colours of Benetton...not sure if they'll still have them in though :p: but I love mine :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Not sure what the OP did but if you want High waisted shorts they had some awesome denim ones in United Colours of Benetton...not sure if they'll still have them in though :p: but I love mine :love:
    Thank youuu, but I already have several pairs of the shorts. I want the full-length jeans, and since I rarely wear jeans anyway, I'm very fussy. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    OP I dunno!

Kind of on the subject... where can you get high rise jeans?!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.