Turn on thread page Beta

Is a size 10/12 ok for you or do you want a stick? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxoxox)
    I'm a size 10/12 and lately i have felt so pressured in to getting slimmer. Magazines and guys are the main reason for this.

10/12 is NORMAL, right?
    Lol, wow. I dont think YOU need to worry about anything.

ReputationRep:
    It doesnt matter what dress size you are its your body composition that matters. Some people just have large bone structure or massive breasts.

If your a 10/12 and in good shape, reasonably fit and healthy then your doing good
    If your a 10/12 and your overweight, have alot of body fat and your very unhealthy then you should go lower.

Dont worry about your size, worry about your health!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 10/12 and lately i have felt so pressured in to getting slimmer. Magazines and guys are the main reason for this.

10/12 is NORMAL, right?
    Depends on your height and how you carry your weight/size. But don't think you should have to lose weight just because of what other people might think and also don't do it because of connotations you might have connected in your head to size 10/12. You can't exactly define if it's a "normal" size or not because you could be 6ft tall and look far too underweight at that size and then again you could be 5ft and look overweight at that size - so you can't just say it's "normal" and be done with it because it's dependent upon other factors.

ReputationRep:
    Be confident in your body and don't force it to be something its not, you might see super thin women in magazines but these have been tampered with so that they look perfect. I'm a guy and can fit into a size 4 pair of womens skinny jeans and sometimes I think to myself and know I'm too thin yet I'm comfortable with my image.

Just be confident and unique... Don't be like everyone else - your body is what it is and will gradually change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Well if I'm a stick then your a frickin forest! /sarcasm

Seriously, people like you calling names because you aren't self confident do my head in!
    Totally agree. Slim women have to take so much **** - its even acceptable for men to **** them off. But say something nasty about a fat girl.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    Totally agree. Slim women have to take so much **** - its even acceptable for men to **** them off. But say something nasty about a fat girl.....
    Exactly, it's okay to be called no tits, anorexic, sticky, 'like i could snap in half', go eat a burger

But if I said to someone, oh your obese, your going to die young, go get a salad i'd get done for harrassment

Not that i'm saying op is obese but it's just to back up my point that calling someone sticky is just as offensive as sayiing someone is obese

ReputationRep:
    i think size 4-8 does resemble a stick figure on a lot of people. Why are people getting angry? I thought the stick thin thing was in...
    OP im a size 10, i dont think its a problem as long as its right for your height. But I do know what you mean about people pressuring you into thinking you're fat, its ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I like 8s.

True story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Well, size 12s are nice, but sticks are much better for poking people with and waving around whilst rambling around forests or even for defending yourself against small but surprisingly vicious animals.

But then again, ive never tried to swing a size 10-12 around in the forest. I suppose i should...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:

10/12 is NORMAL, right?
    Very normal.
    Don't listen to magazines or guys. Most of them don't know anything about real people.

ReputationRep:
    Its not about sizes its about how you look.

ReputationRep:
    as long as you are healthy and happy, a smile is the most attractive thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Exactly, it's okay to be called no tits, anorexic, sticky, 'like i could snap in half', go eat a burger

But if I said to someone, oh your obese, your going to die young, go get a salad i'd get done for harrassment

Not that i'm saying op is obese but it's just to back up my point that calling someone sticky is just as offensive as sayiing someone is obese
    I wholeheartedly agree with you!

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't even tell you what size most women are tbh. Post some pics of size 10/12 girls then I'll talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Actual dress size doesn't matter, it just matters what you look like i guess. I'm a size 8/10 and my guy "friend" was like "ohh i thought you looked like a 12" and proceeded to advise me to wear tighter clothing.
    YOU'RE BACK!!!

HELLO! :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm a size 10 - 12 and my boyfriend says never to change - I'm perfect this size. Honestly some women do not look good as a 'stick' - I certainly don't... I just look incredibly ill :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on how tall you are really, but size 10/12 is actually a very healthy size.
    I'm size 10, yet I'm tall, so my BMI is low meaning I'm underweight, so that's not so good.
    But as long as you feel that you're good and healthy being the size you are then don't do anything about it. : )

ReputationRep:

10/12 is NORMAL, right?
    I dunno but what's "white brisitish" on your profile :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a "large" size 8, and i'm not a stick. at all.

ReputationRep:
    Size 10 ftw :smug:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.