Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is a size 10/12 ok for you or do you want a stick? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    YOU'RE BACK!!!

HELLO! :woo:
    Heeeeeeeeey! :wavey: :cute:

ReputationRep:
    10/12 will make you look a bit fat if you're small (height)

ReputationRep:
    Size 10 is perfection IMO. I'm a size 8, and really want to be a size 10 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My personal preference is 8/10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Well, size 12s are nice, but sticks are much better for poking people with and waving around whilst rambling around forests or even for defending yourself against small but surprisingly vicious animals.

But then again, ive never tried to swing a size 10-12 around in the forest. I suppose i should...
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    omg, you can't tell anything just by knowing what "size" you are, haha. People look SO different, and just saying "size 12" tells us nothing. You could have a really awful body at size 12 or a really good one.

Post pics if you want responses you can actually believe.

ReputationRep:
    Stick plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happi_minnie)
    the average size for women in britain is around 14-16
    this means nothing x

ReputationRep:
    Loose weight if you are that concerned or just stfu

ReputationRep:
    Not that there's anything wrong with a size 10/12 but why is the only other option being a 'stick'? Because anything under sizes 10/12 is anorexic, right?

The national size is 12/14 because obesity is a growing epidemic not because that's a healthy size. If anything, the media and questions like these encourage an unhealthy lifestyle and a lazier approach to exercise because a size 14 is a-ok. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxoxox)
    I'm a size 10/12 and lately i have felt so pressured in to getting slimmer. Magazines and guys are the main reason for this.

10/12 is NORMAL, right?
    Personally, I'd prefer more like a 14/16. Wasn't there a recent survey that showed that a size 12 was most men's ideal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oodalallyoodalally)
    according to my brothers clothes sizes are irrelevant. Muscle tone and not having fat in the wrong places is what's important
    This is generally correct. Personally I prefer a girl to be 10/12 over 8/10 or slimmer, curves are sexy. Although a size 14 can look good as long as its not fat, and a size 8 can look bad if shes just has a small frame and bad figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxoxox)
    I'm a size 10/12 and lately i have felt so pressured in to getting slimmer. Magazines and guys are the main reason for this.

10/12 is NORMAL, right?

I'm 5'4 and if I was a size 10, I would be too big for my frame. If I was a size 12, I would definitely be classed as fat.

I am currently a size 6, and although I'm still definitely not a 'stick' by any means I look best at the lower end of a size 8. I'm trying my best to get back to an 8, but any bigger would be an absolute no-no.

Different people suit different sizes, depending upon their bone structure, height etc. You can't just say that everyone below a size 10-12 is too thin.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I wish I was a size 10-12 again.
    Good times.

=(

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your height. I'm 5'2" and was a size 12 about 5 years ago and I was fat and overweight. Now I'm a size 6/8 and I am not thin or a stick.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're happy with how you look then it's fine. It shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

ReputationRep:
    oh and its not okay for ,I want to be a size 6/8 but i'd look underweight with my height.

ReputationRep:
    I just broke up with my boyfriend over this topic
    I am a size 8 - 10 im 5 foot 8.5 and im 9 stone 4
    My boyfriend was constantly pressuring me to loose weight and was telling me that im fat, and was making jokes like hold on shes wallking the floor is likely to shake.
    I know he is a **** but i just feel really paranoid about my size now, i dont know whether i weight to much! What do people think??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melathy)
    I just broke up with my boyfriend over this topic
    I am a size 8 - 10 im 5 foot 8.5 and im 9 stone 4
    My boyfriend was constantly pressuring me to loose weight and was telling me that im fat, and was making jokes like hold on shes wallking the floor is likely to shake.
    I know he is a **** but i just feel really paranoid about my size now, i dont know whether i weight to much! What do people think??
    At a size 8-10 you're hardly fat. Your ex is just rude.

ReputationRep:
    It's all about height and proportion, size means very little by itself.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.