Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many people on here would vote for the BNP? watch

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of whether you're eligible to vote yet, if you were would you actually vote for the BNP? The thought of them winning even one seat in Parliament scares me, but apparently - according to things I've read and their own website - they're growing in popularity and might win a few seats. So, would you?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't.

I reckon the results will be a minority but probably a larger minority than the national percentage.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure.

I think some of the things they promise, no uni fees, more jobs etc. Sound good whereas everyone else is just promising green tax and increased taxes.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. But I wouldn't vote for ANY party. A vote for the BNP is a vote for New Labour.

Essentially, New Labour gave birth to this monster.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure who I'd vote for.

I disagree with a lot of what the BNP stand for, but I can't help but admire them for being open and brutally honest about what they believe in, compared to the other parties who faff around making no real promises. New labour steal ideas from the conservatives and water them down to make them more acceptable to their supporters, and vice versa. No party is original any more - at least the BNP have that, I guess. One of the only good things about them!

Edit: when I say admire, I mean I think it's refreshing honesty, not that I admire the BNP or respect them particularly.

Edit: also, I've noticed people are saying that one of their policies is to remove university fees (I hadn't previously realised that). With my family circumstances (my parents will be in a lot of debt after trying to help three kids through uni at roughly the same time - and a brother still to go, just when New Labour are going to raise the fees again), that really strikes a chord.

I guess my answer is maybe, which ashames me - but the point of politics is to look after number one, I suppose, or there'd be a communist system in power. We'll see, I'll do some more research into the major political parties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranticMind)
    I am not sure.

I think some of the things they promise, no uni fees, more jobs etc. Sound good whereas everyone else is just promising green tax and increased taxes.
    The others promise cuts, increased taxes etc because they have a realistic chance of winning. The BNP can propose what they want because they don't have a chance (although I never heard them proposing no uni fees?) If they ever did get into power they would not be able to deliver these things without seriously damaging another area of society.

In answer - no.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    Regardless of whether you're eligible to vote yet, if you were would you actually vote for the BNP? The thought of them winning even one seat in Parliament scares me, but apparently - according to things I've read and their own website - they're growing in popularity and might win a few seats. So, would you?
    I'm not sure I want to know how many people would vote them, the numbers would be quite depressing right now imo.
    (Original post by shessolovely)
    Never.
    But this is also what I think if you're interested

ReputationRep:
    I would if I wasnt jewish!!
    But seriously I cant because as someone said above, I am too afraid of Labour further destroying our country to not vote conservative. Thats what reading the Times does to you!

ReputationRep:
    Possibly.

ReputationRep:
    Their party leader is a holocaust denier. That alone is enough that they are the only party I wouldn't give any consideration to voting for. If it wasn't for such things then I'd still rank them after UKIP, Conservatives, and probably Lib Dems as well.

ReputationRep:
    I am eligible and won't be come the General Election. The thought of them winning a FEW seats makes me laugh- they'll simply be shouted down by the other MPs every time they try to speak with any luck and realise how fruitless bringing racism into politics really is in this day and age.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with punky rocker above, they do have aspects about them which apeal even to me, and i am a British Muslim with a Pakistani ethnicity. To be honest if they were not racist and fascist, then i probably would vote for them.

I do admire them for being honest, yes i hate their guts at time for being ignorant but hey atleast they don't deny what they truly are...

No i will be not voting for them

ReputationRep:
    stilll scares me that I see seemingly intelligent and educated people on tsr saying they would support the BNP, well in other threads at least.
    Very scary.

obviously I couldn't vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwilson03)
    The others promise cuts, increased taxes etc because they have a realistic chance of winning. The BNP can propose what they want because they don't have a chance (although I never heard them proposing no uni fees?) If they ever did get into power they would not be able to deliver these things without seriously damaging another area of society.

In answer - no.
    I agree certain areas ie benefits, immigration etc would take a massive funding hit. But this would allow them to put more money into the NHS, schools and universities.

Yes one of their policies are to remove uni fees, check their website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    stilll scares me that I see seemingly intelligent and educated people on tsr saying they would support the BNP, well in other threads at least.
    Very scary.
    Why is it 'scary'?

ReputationRep:
    The BNP's biggest weakness is its past, people always refer to its past and i could never imagine this to change

ReputationRep:
    No; they're absolutely and unavoidably racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranticMind)
    I agree certain areas ie benefits, immigration etc would take a massive funding hit. But this would allow them to put more money into the NHS, schools and universities.

Yes one of their policies are to remove uni fees, check their website.

Why do we even need to put more money into the NHS? We already spend more on it than any other institution. Productivity and the way that the healthcare system is used ought to be changed to make it better, not just throwing more money at it. Anyway I can't see the BNP handling the NHS better than any other party.
    And their education policy is a complete joke.

Basically they have no decent policies at all that another, less bigoted party, could not offer.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I think exactly 23.57% would.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.