Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex003)
    just remember minorities helped build this country
    and this country stole quite a lot from them, reason being why people come here,
    for you to even consider voting for uneducated and ignorant fools makes you an idiot.
    Don't be so rude, people can vote for who they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaccyG)
    And the area they would damage would be the ethnic societies
    For one, yes. But it wouldn't stop there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bawlmorian)
    You completely misunderstand the need for spending in both areas. I disagree with the wars, but spending on military security is a necessity. As for foreign aid, it's morally repugnant (not to mention economically inefficient) to cut spending. The UK currently is meeting only half of what it has committed to developing countries.
    1) we spend a disgustingly low amount of money on our military. we ask them to go to war and dont properly equip them for it.
    2) we should be sorting out our own problems first. maybe pay off some of labours legacy, the £800 billion debt before we are in a position to help anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Perhaps it wouldn't wipe the deficit, but you've got to admit that it would make a huge amount of difference. The UK is spending roughly a billion a year in the middle east[1], and foreign aid is set to be a 7.7 billion this year[2]. This is big money, and multiply it by 5 years, 10 years, and we're talking about serious cash.

[1] http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ls-439988.html

[2] http://www.dfid.gov.uk/Media-Room/Ne...ng-for-Africa/
    Anyone can get serious cash by simply wiping out an entire section of the budget. It is the knock on effects of this that we have to consider.

ReputationRep:
    No, but then again I don't really like any of the parties, I'd never contemplate voting BNP but I wouldn't want to vote conservative either...don't wanna vote Labour either...

Guess if one of them has an amazing manifesto I might be swayed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    Not agreeing with them here, but don't they consider you a citizen if you've lived their you're whole life? They're more against those who can't be bothered to learn the language.

I thought they were more about not allowing lots more immigrants in, pushing one's here out (which you're girlfriend doesn't sound like anyway).

It's easy to brand something racist
    The distinction between citizen and subject (in the Foucauldian sense) is that the citizen is part of the state, is a member of the democracy. A subject is not, he or she just inhabits the territory and watches from the outside. The BNP believes Britain is only people who look like me, and not those who are black, brown, whatever. Thus, subjects, not citizens.

And no, they are about pushing people out. To the person who commented above saying they wouldn't mind: I'll guess that's meant just to be argumentative. If not, you're in the vast minority. How many of the people with sigs saying "ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD" would enjoy being told they're actually German, not British?

Even then, closing borders is terrible, Terrible economic and social policy. It's inhumane, it kills entrepreneurship and economic growth, and it lessens the country's "soft power" abroad.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    I disagree with their economic policy in general.
    I disagree with most of their social policies, however, their social policies do have some logical reasoning...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    1) we spend a disgustingly low amount of money on our military. we ask them to go to war and dont properly equip them for it.
    I agree with this... In fact, it's partly what I implied after it was suggested that we stop such spending.

(Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    2) we should be sorting out our own problems first. maybe pay off some of labours legacy, the £800 billion debt before we are in a position to help anyone.
    This part doesn't even merit response. I'll let someone else who has even an iota of knowledge in this area inform you.

ReputationRep:
    err let me think/ having glanced at their website... umm.

No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    But this is also what I think if you're interested
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Never!!!!! :d.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    Not agreeing with them here, but don't they consider you a citizen if you've lived their you're whole life? They're more against those who can't be bothered to learn the language.

I thought they were more about not allowing lots more immigrants in, pushing one's here out (which you're girlfriend doesn't sound like anyway).

It's easy to brand something racist
    No, although they like to focus on the language issue/immigrants who are genuinely cheating the system because these are the ones that get non-racists inflamed. They do genuinely think that everybody that is not white should not be here. They genuinely think white people are superior to any others (eg. restricting, until challenged in court last year, membership to people of Caucasian origin, the whole repatriation crap etc).

ReputationRep:
    If they get rid of uni fees I will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shessolovely)
    :mad:
    Why the face? I was agreeing with you you just didn't like the wording?
    Edit: It came out wrong, what I meant to say is I would never vote the BNP either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bawlmorian)
    The distinction between citizen and subject (in the Foucauldian sense) is that the citizen is part of the state, is a member of the democracy. A subject is not, he or she just inhabits the territory and watches from the outside. The BNP believes Britain is only people who look like me, and not those who are black, brown, whatever. Thus, subjects, not citizens.

And no, they are about pushing people out. To the person who commented above saying they wouldn't mind: I'll guess that's meant just to be argumentative. If not, you're in the vast minority. How many of the people with sigs saying "ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD" would enjoy being told they're actually German, not British?

Even then, closing borders is terrible, Terrible economic and social policy. It's inhumane, it kills entrepreneurship and economic growth, and it lessens the country's "soft power" abroad.
    Yeah lots of that's terrible, but aren't they still 'technically' citizens? voting/rights wise and all - if you've lived there you're whole life. I was pretty sure of that, though not all the policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex003)
    just remember minorities helped build this country
    and this country stole quite a lot from them, reason being why people come here,
    for you to even consider voting for uneducated and ignorant fools makes you an idiot.
    You must also consider the huge gains that many countries have gained as a result of the expansion of the British Empire. My knowledge is a bit hazy however looking at some countries (India, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar etc...), they seem to be doing very well??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwilson03)
    Why do we even need to put more money into the NHS? We already spend more on it than any other institution. Productivity and the way that the healthcare system is used ought to be changed to make it better, not just throwing more money at it. Anyway I can't see the BNP handling the NHS better than any other party.
    And their education policy is a complete joke.

Basically they have no decent policies at all that another, less bigoted
    Well who do you propose instead?

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

A poll some time ago revealed something like 25% of voters said they would. But TSR is kinda infested with BNP-trolls and ordinary trolls... so I wouldn't take that value too seriously.

Oh and I remember voting 'yes' by mistake too.

ReputationRep:
    I would NEVER vote BNP

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people don't realise that even if the BNP got into power , and did somehow manage to 'throw out' everyone who 'doesn't belong' then they'd essentially be ****** . Their only true vision would be achieved and everyone would realise that they're just a bunch of racist fascists with about as much understanding of Politics and truly running a society as a dyslexic monkey's arse ¬¬

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.