Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There really should have been a Poll on this Thread.

ReputationRep:
    Just a couple of quotes from Griffin. You don't really need to try very hard to read between the lines.

*Griffin has stated that "non-Europeans who stay", while protected by British law, "will be regarded as permanent guests"

*The BNP is opposed to mixed-race relationships on the stated ground that racial differences must be preserved; the party said that "when whites take partners from other ethnic groups, a white family line that stretches back into deep pre-history is destroyed."

*"We don't hate anyone, especially the mixed race children who are the most tragic victims of enforced multi-racism, but that does not mean that we accept miscegenation [mixed race relationships] as moral or normal."

ReputationRep:
    voting for any of these politicians is a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyjonesuk)
    You must also consider the huge gains that many countries have gained as a result of the expansion of the British Empire. My knowledge is a bit hazy however looking at some countries (India, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar etc...), they seem to be doing very well??!
    To be honest I don't think you could very well say places like Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, Canada etc. are now doing well because of the empire, more like they are doing well despite it. Indeed, carving up the Middle-East so brazenly has in fact led to many of the current problems today. And there is the matter of large parts of Africa that are currently lying in poverty.

No, I wouldn't vote for the BNP. I would happily punch Nick Griffin in the face though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    Regardless of whether you're eligible to vote yet, if you were would you actually vote for the BNP? The thought of them winning even one seat in Parliament scares me, but apparently - according to things I've read and their own website - they're growing in popularity and might win a few seats. So, would you?
    According to the BNP, there will be no white people left by next christmas if they don't win. So I wouldn't take their site or them seriously. They're a lolcow party.

ReputationRep:
    :train2:___Never!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    more along the lines of I don't want to be repatriated by a bunch of racists neither do I want to live in a state where I will be a second class citizen.

Thanks for playing though better luck next time!

P.S. where are you suggesting I get my infomation from?.. the bnp website :rolleyes:
    Are you an illegal immigrant? If so, unlucky, you would be repatriated. If not, you wouldn't. That's not so scary, is it?
    This second-class citizen stuff, I have no idea where that's come from.

And yes, I would suggest you got information about political party from it's own policy section on it's own website instead of believing all this leftist hearsay about it from people who have no idea what the real policies of the British National Party are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    To be honest I don't think you could very well say places like Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, Canada etc. are now doing well because of the empire, more like they are doing well despite it. Indeed, carving up the Middle-East so brazenly has in fact led to many of the current problems today. And there is the matter of large parts of Africa that are currently lying in poverty.

No, I wouldn't vote for the BNP. I would happily punch Nick Griffin in the face though.
    I agree with you... i was just trying to highlight that there may have been some benefits to those countries. As i mentioned though, my knowledge is not very good on this.

I dont like the BNP at all... i would hate them to come into power. However appalling their solutions are, many of the problems they discuss are real. The clashes between our values and certain other religious and cultural values is real and causes problems for many. Whilst it does not have a significant effect on me, i have visited places in the UK where i was made to feel very unaccepted because of the colour of my skin (white) and my views on religion (atheist), and if i lived in those places i might have a different view on the BNP.

Perhaps if the larger parties looked to tackle some of the 'riskier' issues that are real and stopped just trying to get more voters, then people might have an alternative to the racist BNP party?

ReputationRep:
    Im brown i wouldnt- seems abit stupid to and dont agree with some of their policies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyjonesuk)
    You must also consider the huge gains that many countries have gained as a result of the expansion of the British Empire. My knowledge is a bit hazy however looking at some countries (India, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar etc...), they seem to be doing very well??!
    what about most of Africa? The place that the British colonialised and took over, then gave it back when they didn't want it any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chimaira)
    Are you an illegal immigrant? If so, unlucky, you would be repatriated. If not, you wouldn't. That's not so scary, is it?
    Illegal immigrants are repatriated by the present government, mostly due to the fact that they are here illegally, i.e. against the law.

It is clear under various BNP policies that who they consider "permanent guests," will be treated as second class citizens. Scrapping the Race Relations Act, for example? Griffin and co have spouted enough racist vile in the media to show what they really think.

ReputationRep:
    "Holocaust, what is this????"

BNP are like most other jumped up political parties who would make a complete mess of this country.
    Lets face it there isn't really a good political part in existence, they all make false promises and only want to please the rich.
    In my opinion a vote for BNP is a sign of racism fuelled idiocy, thankfully armchair bound,benefitting cheating white scum probably won't be sober enough to vote come GE.
    Oh and I am a white English citizen if it matters to the above comment.

ReputationRep:
    The real question is how many people on here would admit that they would vote BNP.

If it was only open BNP supporters that voted, they would get about 4 votes per election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chimaira)

And yes, I would suggest you got information about political party from it's own policy section on it's own website instead of believing all this leftist hearsay about it from people who have no idea what the real policies of the British National Party are.
    I think the problem is that the BNP does not quite know what it is standing for. One minute it is talking about tackling the real issues that have come from a multi-cultured britain and the problems of immigrations... these are issues that many want dealing with and some people are sold into the BNP ideology. However the next minute you are seeing video footage of their leader and party representatives making blatantly racist comments. It is at this point, where they start talking about the colour of peoples skin, that they destroy their own reputation.

Regardless of what you say they stand for, if they stopped the racist comments and attitude then the media would have nothing to put against them would they?

ReputationRep:
    No. I probably won't vote at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex003)
    what about most of Africa? The place that the British colonialised and took over, then gave it back when they didn't want it any more.
    That is why i only said you should consider the other countries. Im not saying that there wasnt a lot of bad stuff that has happened because of the british empire. Im only saying that you cant come to a valid conclusion without considering all arguments and understanding that it was not all bad.

ReputationRep:
    I would. For the lulz and against Islamisation. The BNP made last year's politics entertaining, might as well reward them for it. Definitely much more of a protest vote though. :teehee:

Depends if the Liberal Democrats behave or not.

ReputationRep:
    this is what politics has become, http://www.videosift.com/video/Futur...dential-Debate

"its time for someone to stand up against those things everybody hates"
    if i did vote for the bnp it would be purely out of spite of the major parties being all things to all people to get their vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    1) we spend a disgustingly low amount of money on our military. we ask them to go to war and dont properly equip them for it.
    2) we should be sorting out our own problems first. maybe pay off some of labours legacy, the £800 billion debt before we are in a position to help anyone.
    It's news to me that Britain has a national debt of £800 billion...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Why the face? I was agreeing with you you just didn't like the wording?
    Edit: It came out wrong, what I meant to say is I would never vote the BNP either
    lol i thought that was a bit harsh... Just a simple misunderstanding

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.