The Student Room Group

OCR A2 biology info needed!!!!!!!!!

hello, im taking the new ocr spec for bio, chem and physics. my revision is going quite good but my friend recently alerted me to something. in the text book we revise from there are stretch the challenge questions. on the index it says these are to prepare you for the "stretch and challenge questions on the paper". he said that 1 question on the paper will be like these, basically it will have an obvious gap in diffuclutly compared to other questions.

i disagreed, because i stated that that's quite a big change to course, to have something like that in A2 and not in AS, i know its supposed to be harder but not completely different.

i said that its most likely like the math text books, they put in questions which are of harder difficulty then the usual exam standard to make the exam questions seems easier (although this is stated)

so does anyone have any thoughts, i know the specimens are usually easier, but the format would be the same, and in the specimen papers, there was not a question that was completely different in difficultly. exams can be easy at the start and the difficulty increases, but i didnt think for the new spec some thing like "the stretch and challenge" stuff would be in the actual exam (assumed just to help us use the info we learned better)

so any thoughts, and by the way follow the spec, it reveals alot of stuff in the text book you dont need to know.
actually i tried to do some of these questions and they are very easy, it just requires some inventive thinking, but its usually what first comes to mind :smile:
Reply 2
The specimen paper is just questions from old exam papers lumped together I hard.
Reply 3
Naarim
The specimen paper is just questions from old exam papers lumped together I hard.

Yup pretty much!

Latest

Trending

Trending