Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    Can you read Arabic? If you can't than your not understanding the interpretations, the only way why you can understand is by learning Arabic.
    Nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    IRA and before you say thats just protestants, 1) thats still christians who were behind more deaths through terrorism then the total deaths through islamic-inspired deaths in western countries. and 2) my relatives grew up in and during the troubles in northern ireland and they tell me there were as much catholic thugs then the was protestant.

erm thats actually false

and thats also false, find me evidence of shariah law being implemented in these country's legal system. Learning about English Law at the moment, I can tell you that what you said is a fantastical lie.

I don't know what it is with people that hold your kind of views anyway. You moan and ***** that the law is to easy and then you criticise Sharia Law for being to harsh. Your like a bunch of needy women that dont know what they want, all they know is that they want to make some noise
    IRA are Catholics, not Protestants

As stated, religion is wrongly attributed to the Troubles, generally by those who rely on anecdotes told by senile relatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%A...4%90%E1%BB%A9c

Even though he didn't hurt anyone (aside from himself) it's still extremism, I would say.
    well atleast hes not hurting anyone

ReputationRep:
    Listen, the first video put it in context.

Janaury/2009=Gaza conflict

Second video the harrow mosque incident. The imams of the mosque told the youths not to use violence, but as ignorant teenagers they spread the word to every other teenager, hence why there are so many 16-19 year olds in that video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    Quite. But that's not the warped version of events that gets taught in the mosques, is it?
    And thus potentially we hit the point that unravels your whole hatred of Islam. Why is it warped, because it is different to our accounts?
    I spent my 3rd year alove playing with the crusaders playmobile playset and I value the History our country has as much as anyone. But if you were in anyway educated you would realise that there are two sides to history. We may have seen ourselves as the christian liberators, but the Muslim settlers will have seen us as the invaders of the west.

By the way just a little hint, while I am sure muslims use reference to history in their services as much as us christians do in ours, I'm pretty sure that they dont actually educate children in the same way a school does.

I am a proud Brit and a couple of years ago i would not have believed that i would be sat defending islam in an internet forum but you have no idea of the contradictions and lies your whole argument is based on!

ReputationRep:
    This is what Religion does to society.

Instead of bringing harmony and forgivness, Religion serves only to seperate Communities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    This is what Religion does to society.

Instead of bringing harmony and forgivness, Religion serves only to seperate Communities.
    init, in an unrelated matter, Hitler and Stalin were great leaders....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eccentric)
    The whole deal was Protestants and Catholics in IRA, you are a complete fool.
    Also maybe you want to look at how Jews were treated by Catholics in the last couple of thousand years.
    If your going to ask for examples you better have an educated response when you receive them.
    Idiot.
    I don't agree with the means, I agree with the cause. Using violence, it's not something Catholics agree with. Their means weren't accepted by the Catholic community worldwide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    Buddhists done a lot of **** to others aswell you do know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    IRA are Catholics, not Protestants

As stated, religion is wrongly attributed to the Troubles, generally by those who rely on anecdotes told by senile relatives.
    yea my bad thats what i meant lol
    and no offence to you, while im sure a united island was the main purpose behind much if the fighting, i would prefer believe people that were there at the time and expirieinced the fighting 1st hand then you.

And senile? people in their 40s and 50s is hardly senile:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    7 of those places have been at war with a Muslim country or population.
    Yes, but usually it's the Muslim population that has been the aggressor, leading to war. It's the Chechen rebels that wanted to seperate from Russia etc.

The USA has been at war with lots of countries in history, e.g. Germany, Japan, even against the British in fighting for independence. Yet you don't see German or Japanese immigrants blowing themselves up in America for some alleged grievance, nor us Brits.

And the same with Britain; we've been at war against the Burmese, the Argentinians, the Malays, etc, etc in recent years, yet none of THEM declare holy war against us and try and blow us up. Only the Islamists......

If you're talking about USA/Britain in recent years, then 9/11 was *before* the war in Iraq, and before the war in Afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan was a REACTION after the World Trade Center had been blown up because Afghanistan had been harboring Al Qaeda terrorists and training camps. For Muslims to morally invert the situation so that they come out the victim is very warped thinking, yet a lot of Western people are falling for it?!

British born Muslims, of Pakistani descent, going on to blow up the London underground, for alleged grievance because of Britain's involvement in the NATO/ISAF mission in Afghanistan, is as ILLOGICAL as a British born Christian blowing themselves up because we went to war with Argentina (a Christian country,) over the Falklands 20 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Not every Muslim is an extremist, just like not every American is as stupid as Sarah Palin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila..._04122008.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    yea my bad thats what i meant lol
    and no offence to you, while im sure a united island was the main purpose behind much if the fighting, i would prefer believe people that were there at the time and expirieinced the fighting 1st hand then you.

And senile? people in their 40s and 50s is hardly senile:confused:
    Your grandparents are in their 40's?

How old are you??
    All does not add up in your family.

I used to live in London Derry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    wow..... that must've took you long.

do you seriously have nothing else to worry about?
    The threat of mass, active oppression by a disgusting religion. Seems petty doesn't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    Your grandparents are in their 40's?

How old are you??
    All does not add up in your family.

I used to live in London Derry
    loooool wtf i never said they were my grandparents, they are my aunties, uncles and one of my parents, loll

and when did you live in London Derry, i mean i know someone that lives in munich, doesnt mean he can recount the beer hall putsch for me.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, had to laugh at the rabid right-wing propaganda in the OP :rofl:

All this hatred just comes from irrational fear

ReputationRep:
    EDL march in stoke on saturday I will be there to witness this great event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by near_comatose)
    The threat of mass, active oppression by a disgusting religion. Seems petty doesn't it? :rolleyes:
    Yes and this imminent threat will be committed by 2 million mostly poor Muslims over the 58 Million non Muslims, but oh that's right the births rates.... silly me :rolleyes:

You know it's depressingly baffling how cowardly and pathetic people have become in this country. I'm amazed that people are this ignorantly paranoid. I think if people actually believe this is going to happen, Muslims should actually do what people are saying they'll do. It'll be easy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but usually it's the Muslim population that has been the aggressor, leading to war. It's the Chechen rebels that wanted to seperate from Russia etc.
    That's a very one dimensional way of looking at it. Russian forces regularly commit abuses agianst the Muslims population etc.

The USA has been at war with lots of countries in history, e.g. Germany, Japan, even against the British in fighting for independence. Yet you don't see German or Japanese immigrants blowing themselves up in America for some alleged grievance, nor us Brits.
    Well they have well developed economies/ have been sufficiently appeased so why would they want to?

And the same with Britain; we've been at war against the Burmese, the Argentinians, the Malays, etc, etc in recent years, yet none of THEM declare holy war against us and try and blow us up. Only the Islamists......
    I'm pretty sure they tried to blow up the British when the war was going on....

If you're talking about USA/Britain in recent years, then 9/11 was *before* the war in Iraq, and before the war in Afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan was a REACTION after the World Trade Center had been blown up because Afghanistan had been harboring Al Qaeda terrorists and training camps. For Muslims to morally invert the situation so that they come out the victim is very warped thinking, yet a lot of Western people are falling for it?!
    The War in Afghanistan and Iraq are not the only issues that the West have been involved in.

British born Muslims, of Pakistani descent, going on to blow up the London underground, for alleged grievance because of Britain's involvement in the NATO/ISAF mission in Afghanistan, is as ILLOGICAL as a British born Christian blowing themselves up because we went to war with Argentina (a Christian country,) over the Falklands 20 years ago.
    It's not as illogical as many people of Pakistani decent have been effected by the war on terror but still pretty illogical yes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.