Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats with alll these religion threads!
    (Now that i've commented i pay the price of it forever being in my WATCHED THREADS ahh ). Go find something better to do with your life x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    Now this country is changing, without a fight. To quote Colonel Gaddafi's speach, broadcast to millions of Muslims:
    Do you think Colonel Gaddafi has an ounce of credability with Muslims of Europe?:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Well I know where the leftys where this summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GLEBzMeeGc
    What relevance does that have? Really clutching at straws, aren't you? That isn't a 'religious' protest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Do you think Colonel Gaddafi has an ounce of credability with Muslims of Europe?:facepalm2:
    No, but in a lot of the rest of the Muslim world, he does. The broadcast went out to millions in the Muslim world, and he personally sends and sponsors dozens of radical clerics preach in mosques in England to try and convert people. Here's one example:
    http://www.news4press.com/Colonel-Ga...o-_492435.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Why do you never say that ^^ about muslims?
    Fixed

ReputationRep:
    EVERYDAY its the same at TSR ......... every single day.. not a neutrino has passed and i see a post related to extremists (note i didn't mention muslim along with it as really thats not the work of a Muslim) T.T
    Deport people who create mischief is all i say.Meh...

ReputationRep:
    who throws a cone?

ReputationRep:
    people like this are the reason i will vote BNP when i turn 18.

i know a muslim and he is very sly.

ReputationRep:
    While I don't quite share the OPs pessimism and the view that most muslims are evil and will conquer our nation, I do hate this sort of religious extremism. Why can't we just all be atheists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    What relevance does that have? Really clutching at straws, aren't you? That isn't a 'religious' protest.
    I'm not clutching at straws and I never said that it was religious protest. The point I'm trying to make is that provoke people enough and they will react in crazy ways. Not condoning the protests posted earlier however, stupid chavs that just want a fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glee)
    whats with alll these religion threads!
    (Now that i've commented i pay the price of it forever being in my WATCHED THREADS ahh ). Go find something better to do with your life x
    Religion and religious extremism, (particularly Islamist extremism at the moment,) has lead to the biggest security threat within Britain, 52 people being blown to pieces on the London underground, and is probably the biggest driver of conflict in the world today - look no further than the whole Israel/Palestine mess and it's fallout. The very reason we are in Afghanistan and why 240+ young men from Britain have lost their lives, all comes back to Islamist extremism and a couple of books written 14+ centuries ago.

It's the main thing hampering the progress of mankind and needs to be talked about.

ReputationRep:
    No, but in a lot of the rest of the Muslim world, he does. The broadcast went out to millions in the Muslim world, and he personally sends and sponsors dozens of radical clerics preach in mosques in England to try and convert people. Here's one example:
    http://www.news4press.com/Colonel-Ga...o-_492435.html
    He doesn't. The only people this old self-styled revolutionary has influence with is gullible westerners who snap up anything he says and turn around say "look, told you so". It doesn't matter if he makes speeches, Obama made a speech directed at the Muslim world but even then people don't believe what Obama has to say. Also:

But Birmingham MP Khalid ¬Mahmood last night raised concerns over the Wics visit.

“We’ve got a lot of good work being done by organisations in Birmingham celebrating the diversity of our communities,” he said.

“We don’t need imported groups like this, funded by people like Colonel Gaddafi.

“If he is really interested in doing something positive he should work with the community groups we ¬already have, instead of coming over and trying to convert people.”

ReputationRep:
    Watch this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    funny how that claim is stupidly ironic.

explain???
    So your saying if that was EDL or some other white group the police would have just moved back as swell and done nothing ? Of course the police couldn't "fight" back there, as that would effectively be fighting back against Islam, which as we all know is a big no no.

ReputationRep:
    No, I described the version of events on topics such as "the Holocaust" and "the Crusades" being taught in Mosques as "warped" because it is a warped version of events. Hence the whole reason some schools are avoiding teaching it, because the true version of events, is different from the warped version that the Imman presents at the Mosque.

Sorry matey, I havn't got a chuffing clue what you mean by this?!:dontask:

Invaders of the West, or invaders from the West? Are we still talking about the Crusades?
    If so, the Crusades were a delayed response to try and claim back lands that had been conquered by Muslim armies. A lot of today's Muslim countries never used to be, ya know?! They were conquered violently by the sword, as started by the prophet Mohamed.

Now this country is changing, without a fight. To quote Colonel Gaddafi's speach, broadcast to millions of Muslims:

Christian and Islamic faith schools both teach children a very strange perspective on the world given half the chance. Look no further than Yank fundamentalist faith schools teaching creation and trying to avoid evolution.
    No, I described the version of events on topics such as "the Holocaust" and "the Crusades" being taught in Mosques
    Have you ever been to a mosque?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passionate)
    Hmm don't write what you cannot back up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZY2y_rFLTA

I was there protesting against your scummy lot.

ReputationRep:
    and is probably the biggest driver of conflict in the world today - look no further than the whole Israel/Palestine mess and it's fallout.
    That conflcit isn't inherently religious in nature.

It's the main thing hampering the progress of mankind and needs to be talked about.
    Yeah but there's no need to flood TSR with these threads, it isn't the The Salafi Room :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    Is your definition of failure different to mine? I would cite the "failure" of Nazism somewhere in Auschwitz. And you? You would consider them a success, should they have succeeded economically and in foreign policy?

you 'orrible ****

Don't make me list the more frequent crimes instigated by lack of Religious faith. Such a task would overwhelm me.
    To make myself clear - Nazism and Communism failed because they were flawed ideologies. I do not support or advocate either.

I was not commenting on the ethcial side of Communism and Nazism; I was simply stating that their collapse was not as a result of their lack of Religous faith.

So what you're saying is - correct me if I'm wrong - that if the Nazi party had have been incredibly religous, they would not have committed mass Genocide? You do realise that Hitler was in fact a Catholic, and on many occasions Hitler spoke of his interpretation of Christianity as a central motivation for his antisemitism.

I'm not saying that he was tyrant as a result of his religous background, I am simply stating that his faith did not prevent him from committing many atroscious acts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    people like this are the reason i will vote BNP when i turn 18.

i know a muslim and he is very sly.
    One 'bad' apple does not mean the entire tree is 'bad'.
    Go out and talk to people more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    So what you're saying is - correct me if I'm wrong - that if the Nazi party had have been incredibly religous, they would not have committed mass Genocide? You do realise that Hitler was in fact a Catholic, and on many occasions Hitler spoke of his interpretation of Christianity as a central motivation for his antisemitism.
    Hitler wasn't a christian.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.