Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

KCL Vs QMUL! firm or insurance? :S watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on where i should actually go?!?!?
    QMUL-AAB (B in geography)
    KCL-ABB
    Bham-ABB
    Herts-260points
    Kingston-220points

Predicted grades: A,A,A As:A
    based on that,i should probably go for QMUL and insurance at either of Bham or KCL,however i think King's College seems a little too prestigious to turn down! lol.
    Any ideas?
    If i chose King's it would have to be Herts or Kingston as my insurance,which is fine as both offer me the possibility to study French alongside Geography but do i really want to turn down QMUL?
    confuzzleddddddd
    i have ages to decide but wanted some early opinions to take on board

ReputationRep:
    Firm King's.

ReputationRep:
    Screw it, just firm King's and put QMUL as your insurance. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    KCL a million times over.

ReputationRep:
    King's definately. The grades are easier to get than QMUL aswell, so that's an added bonus!

ReputationRep:
    KCL. No contest. For insurance go Bham.

ReputationRep:
    Yep King's is way better than QM. I think in the future you'd really regret choosing QM to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd say kings too. Not just because I'm applying there myself!
    I think Kings is more well known and respected, and also you've got more leeway with the grades. But that's just my opinion - do what you think is best for you, not what everyone else thinks is best for you.

ReputationRep:
    WTF?! Is the QMUL offer for geoggers that high? I was going to put it as my back up. QMUL isn't even that good for geography, I got an offer of AAB from Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    Kings :p: Reputation is better

ReputationRep:
    You've all confirmed what i thought LOL
    MERCI!!!!!!!!!

Tbh i do think i'd regret not going to KCL,it's far too prestigious to turn down as i've said Also,they'll give me accomodation whereas QMUL won't guarantee it. Whoever said people from Hertfordshire can commute in clearly doesn't have to take the slow train to King's Cross before even starting the proper journey...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.