Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: does a girl have to be at least equally hot to your gf to catch your eye? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you have a very hot girlfriend and a less hot (but still pretty hot) girl walks by, would you still find yourself looking at her? Even though physically your girlfriend is superior? Or does a girl have to be equally/more hot than your girlfriend in order to catch your eye?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin88)
    If you have a very hot girlfriend and a less hot (but still pretty hot) girl walks by, would you still find yourself looking at her? Even though physically your girlfriend is superior? Or does a girl have to be equally/more hot than your girlfriend in order to catch your eye?
    They just have to be hot. At least for me anyway, its not something you compare to your gf, if there is a hot girl you look at her, its called testosterone.

ReputationRep:
    Hot girls are hot, I imagine only girls generally feel the need to compare and contrast when it comes to hotness.

ReputationRep:
    lol seriously...when a pretty girl walks past, the guy doesn't think...'hmm compared to my GF, a little hotter me thinks'. It's just basically...'pretty...next'.

Theres no comparing, unless if the question was directly put to him...only then would he seriously think about it. Although if a guy has a 'very hot' GF, he'd be near 100% satisfied. I say 'near' because guys like Ashley Cole are around.

Don't be paranoid. Think of what you think when you see a good looking guy...you don't go (usually) 'aoooga'. Some naturaly horny people may disagree with me though. Ha.

ReputationRep:
    are you planing on going for a guy who already has a girlfriend??? Well I'm not going to help you. Unless if the guy is me!

ReputationRep:
    Man.... when I see a hot girl I forget the whole world and just stare o.o!! hehehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hogo)
    Theres no comparing, unless if the question was directly put to him...only then would he seriously think about it. Although if a guy has a 'very hot' GF, he'd be near 100% satisfied. I say 'near' because guys like Ashley Cole are around.
    The natural reaction is still to find hot women attractive though, no? You can't help finding someone hot and looking at them, that doesn't mean you have to be a Tiger Woods/Ashley Cole about it.

ReputationRep:
    I'll look at any girl I find sexually attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    The natural reaction is still to find hot women attractive though, no? You can't help finding someone hot and looking at them, that doesn't mean you have to be a Tiger Woods/Ashley Cole about it.
    Err..yeah thats what I'm saying. Admiring their looks and getting into bed/cheating is one huge difference. I'm saying the large majority of guys would do the former. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I worded it strangely? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hogo)
    Err..yeah thats what I'm saying. Admiring their looks and getting into bed/cheating is one huge difference. I'm saying the large majority of guys would do the former. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I worded it strangely? lol
    It was when you said even if the guy was 100% satisfied. Even if I was I'd still naturally find other women hot. But other than that we are basically saying the same thing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    of course a hot girl would catch my eye, it's just natural, doesn't matter how hot, if they're hot/cute in my opinion, they will receive a look from me. as a girl would do if a guy she liked the look of walked by

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Cole

ReputationRep:
    I'm not male but

If a person is hot they are hot, I will look at them and think 'hot' and I will perv

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend has to wear a blindfold when he is around girls so as to avoid this scenario

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I'm not male but

If a person is hot they are hot, I will look at them and think 'hot' and I will perv
    This. I'm such a perve to be honest! :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrasymachus)
    Hot girls are hot, I imagine only girls generally feel the need to compare and contrast when it comes to hotness.
    Except you have in your sig! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Except you have in your sig! :p:

Though there is a difference between saying someone is 'The hottest' and 'That girl isn't as hot as this girl, but she is as hotter than this other girl, so I guess this girl must be somewhere in between' etc.' I mean if someone posted a 'good' photo of Myleene Klass, i'm hardly going to say 'Well, the thing is Illyria is hotter, so my interest in viewing this picture is somewhat comprimised'.

I've noticed girls do that sort of thing though i.e. comparing the attractiveness of someone they fancy against how attractive their friends boyfriends/crush is. Some have even used it as some 'con' when debating whether to go out with them or not - as if it's some sort of competition to see who has the most attractive boyfriend (not just attractiveness either things like 'well XYZ's boyfriend did this/that for her, but you don't anything like that for/with me'). Yeah i'm just rambling now.

If you've ever seen the South Park episode where the girls make a list of who the best looking guys are, I think that explains it way better than I ever could.

Edit: I feel the need to point out I think Illyria is hot because of her character rather than her looks - the same actress played a different character earlier in the series and I was never too fussed about her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.