The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
serendipity
Just found out i've been rejected from Nottingham on UCAS tracker i'm so upset it's my first choice and i've already been rejected by my second choice i don't know what to do please help :frown:

Oh bad luck:frown: What were your other four choices?
Reply 2
Aww thats bad news. Try not to panic what course did you apply for? I've heared Nottingham is very hard to get into as its very popular. There are plenty of over top 20 universities that will probably gladly take you.

My mate was rejected from Salford even though he had the required grade.Nottingham is also much harder to get into.
Reply 3
it's for English. was rejected by Warwick last wk. Nottingham in their prospectus wanted AAB. gah didn't think i'd be this upset, i sooo wanted to go there. also applied to Southampton, Birmingham, Durham and York.
Reply 4
serendipity
it's for English. was rejected by Warwick last wk. Nottingham in their prospectus wanted AAB. gah didn't think i'd be this upset, i sooo wanted to go there. also applied to Southampton, Birmingham, Durham and York.

Durham's good
Reply 5
serendipity

I feel really bad for you, but are any of the other places appealing? Have you been there and checked them all out thoroughly? I have a friend who lost out on her first choice uni; she went somewhere else and is now fantastically happy. Durham's gorgeous, York is sooo lovely - don't know about Birmingham and Southampton but I've heard wonderful things about them. Or if you really feel that nowhere else would do, you could always take a year out and reapply?
Reply 6
serendipity

Hey those 4 are good uni's too! HAve you visited them yet? I'm sure there is one you like out of them! I have friends at both Southampton and Birmingham, one who had it as insurance, the other got to Soton through clearing and both love uni! I'm sure you'll do fine!
Reply 7
serendipity

*hug* have you heard from the others yet? they're all good unis and nottingham is really hard to get into. it must be so hard for the admissions tutors to selct between almost identical candidtaes grades- wise for so few places.

lou xxx
Reply 8
MadNatSci
I feel really bad for you, but are any of the other places appealing? Have you been there and checked them all out thoroughly? I have a friend who lost out on her first choice uni; she went somewhere else and is now fantastically happy. Durham's gorgeous, York is sooo lovely - don't know about Birmingham and Southampton but I've heard wonderful things about them. Or if you really feel that nowhere else would do, you could always take a year out and reapply?

thanks. York's meant to be nice, haven't heard from there tho. so gutted, lol bloody typical, 1st and second choices down the drain. Maybe i was being naive, but i thought that with predicted grades of AAAA and 7A* and 3A at gcse i'd at least stand a chance of getting into one of them? oh well. *cries*
Reply 9
i've got offers from Bham and Southampton...just had my heart set on Notts i guess. Plus there's this really annoying girl in my year applying for the same course and she has an offer from Notts grrrrrrrr *is jealous* lol.
Reply 10
At least you tried. I was too much of a coward to even try applying to any of the decent universities as I convinced myself I would not get in. So I took the easy way out.

Durham and York are both good universites.
serendipity
thanks. York's meant to be nice, haven't heard from there tho. so gutted, lol bloody typical, 1st and second choices down the drain. Maybe i was being naive, but i thought that with predicted grades of AAAA and 7A* and 3A at gcse i'd at least stand a chance of getting into one of them? oh well. *cries*

Your GCSEs are fantastic! I can't understand why they would reject you... they perhaps thought you were an Oxbridge candidate and would turn them down if they gave you an offer?

I know it's not easy to accept right now but I think you really will have a brilliant time and do amazingly well wherever you go. University is what you make it, wherever you are:smile:
Reply 12
heya don't worry i got rejected from my 2nd choice, and most likely from my 1st as its ox. but i've looked more into my 3rd (happens to be notts) and now i've got my heart set on there which is good but the offer is quite high - AAB for geog. don't worry, your other choices are really good unis. Try to forget about the other two and focus on the good points of the others. It's shit i know, i know hoe you are feeling! But, chin up! :smile:
Reply 13
thanks guys, what your saying is so true i know, and i really appreciate it.
Reply 14
serendipity
Just found out i've been rejected from Nottingham on UCAS tracker i'm so upset it's my first choice and i've already been rejected by my second choice i don't know what to do please help :frown:

how many choices have you made
Reply 15
eric bischoff
how many choices have you made

6, and have 2 offers, 2 rejections. damn, was so desperate to go to Nottingham.
Reply 16
serendipity

take a GAP and reapply
Reply 17
serendipity
6, and have 2 offers, 2 rejections. damn, was so desperate to go to Nottingham.

well not the end of the world
Reply 18
JSM
take a GAP and reapply

yeah, might do that.
Reply 19
serendipity
yeah, might do that.

why do you so desperately want to go to Nottingham though

Latest

Trending

Trending