The Student Room Group

Friends :(

hi
since starting college ive really drifted from most of my high school friends, all but 1 go to a different college than me and its making me really depressed, they werent really good friends of mine tbh but they are truly all i have and so losing them means i literally have no one, i have friends at college but it wont develop into anything further because they have their own groups, ive tried breaking into one but it seems because they have their existing friends around them they dont care as much. Facebook isnt helping this issue really aswell because my high school friends are always putting pictures up of their outings and it makes me feel really sad :frown: i just wanted to know whether this was normal, and should i just get on with it and hope to make better friends at uni maybe? :confused: :frown: :frown:
any advice at all would be appreciated loads:yep:
Reply 1
I am the exact same as you. I left school last summer at the end of sixth year (sixth form for the english) and went to college. I was very timid and shy in school and still am to an extent at college but i'm a lot more relaxed and talkative. All my college pals have their own groups but i still see them if they have birthdays or the odd night out every month.

I to do not really talk to anyone from my school unless I see them on the train or whatever. My plan is to get into uni and stay in student accommodation. That way you can meet people who have no groups to stick with and you can start your own clique.
Reply 2
posted the first post twice. woops

Latest

Trending

Trending