Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really stuck on making my final decision. I'm not sure which one i like best. Which do people is feel the best university/city? I'm taking accountancy and financeee if that helpss.

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend Sheffield. Im not sure about the course, but the city is amazing and the uni has a strong reputation, and has a great student union and accomodation. The city is smaller compared to the other 2 but is very student oriented, friendly and the night life is impressive.

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for the course, but Manchester is a lot more fun for students than the other two.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool was amazing when i went to visit and anyone who goes to uni there always raves about it !!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Sheffield or Manchester, both are great places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invocation)
    I can't speak for the course, but Manchester is a lot more fun for students than the other two.
    I don't think that's true. While Manchester is bigger and has more clubs and bars, Liverpool and Sheffield are big enough for the three/four years most students spend there. I've always felt Manchester is over-rated.

ReputationRep:
    Well my hometown is Manchester and thats great for night outs however i much prefer sheffield uni which im at currently. Also ive met the coolest person ever at uni and she's from Liverpool and the nightlife's pretty good there as well, however i think uniwise Sheffield is the best. The manchester accomodation is crap, go on the uni stats website and check out the quality of teaching on your course because thats what put me off manchester uni.

ReputationRep:
    you've got to love the Manc!!

ReputationRep:
    I personally find Manchester to be massively overrated as a city - it has been promoting an image of itself as some kind of London of the North, and its residents now believe the hype too (as do most people in the south who have never been). I don't. It's no better than any other Northern city and I prefer the atmosphere of Sheffield (which is kind of unassuming and friendly, plus the city centre is really nice) and Liverpool would be second for me (impressive architecture and lots to do, but I find it a little sinister...). Manchester would be my thrid choice purely because of its unjustified arrogance which I find massively off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield did better last year academically, but Manchester has a better rep.
    Your choice really, go to the UCAS applicants day and decide then.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester is meant to be one of the best for Accounting; I'd go there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.