Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can't find a thread for this, so I've created one myself. I'm sitting the exam for the first (and last, barring any unfortunate events) time. I've put all my revision energy into C3 and C4, since those are the ones required for the A* grade, so I may be a little rusty come tommorrow, but there is little pressure on this module as I should have gained enough marks from the pure modules anyway.
    Now off to revise ladders leaning against walls, and other moments stuff, as I've just realised I haven't touched those topics since July :p:

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it?

something over 3ag +2/3 for the vertical circular motion one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wind-swept)
    I can't find a thread for this, so I've created one myself. I'm sitting the exam for the first (and last, barring any unfortunate events) time. I've put all my revision energy into C3 and C4, since those are the ones required for the A* grade, so I may be a little rusty come tommorrow, but there is little pressure on this module as I should have gained enough marks from the pure modules anyway.
    Now off to revise ladders leaning against walls, and other moments stuff, as I've just realised I haven't touched those topics since July :p:
    How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palabras)
    How did you find it?

something over 3ag +2/3 for the vertical circular motion one?
    haha

yeah that is what i got.

ReputationRep:
    It was a relatively difficult paper in my mind but included all the hard things I had revised.

ReputationRep:
    the last question was rudy hard..i didn't a bloody clue how to prove v was at a max when x was some sort of value..did you do that bit?

What did you think of the centre of mass question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALICEMOON)
    the last question was rudy hard..i didn't a bloody clue how to prove v was at a max when x was some sort of value..did you do that bit?

My teacher told me afterwards that we could complete the square to do it, although there was another way.

The centre of mass question was fine.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me afterwards that we could complete the square to do it, although there was another way.
    v=max therefore acceleration = 0 so upwards forces = downwards forces.

weight of man = tension, then find the extension from there (9.8) and add it to the natural length (22)

9.8 + 22 = 31.8

ReputationRep:

The centre of mass question was fine.
    can you remember what you got?

i think i got 8.2 and 11 for the co-ordinates

ReputationRep:
    can you remember what you got?

i think i got 8.2 and 11 for the co-ordinates
    Not really, sorry. Although those numbers seem slightly familiar.

Was the angle 70.9 for horizontal circular motion question?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, sorry. Although those numbers seem slightly familiar.

Was the angle 70.9 for horizontal circular motion question?
    Yay I got 70.9 Less worried now because when I got it I thought it looked pretty weird... the particle will almost be moving at right angles

ReputationRep:
    yep, well thats what i got ..exciting stuff haha

ReputationRep:

I think I differentiated, and put it equal to zero. It came out as the answer (31.8) I think, so I'm assuming that worked.

For the centre of mass question, I got (8.2, 11), or the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Guerrouj)
    v=max therefore acceleration = 0 so upwards forces = downwards forces.

weight of man = tension, then find the extension from there (9.8) and add it to the natural length (22)

9.8 + 22 = 31.8
    There is an easier way, you could just have differentiated the equation for velocity to find acceleration, then put that = 0.

(at least I hope thats allowed)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    There is an easier way, you could just have differentiated the equation for velocity to find acceleration, then put that = 0.

(at least I hope thats allowed)
    :yep: same

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely horrid paper. Not happy in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    Questions 1-7... fine
    Question 8.... didn't read question properly :facepalm: and tried to assume string was attached at top, then wondered why equation wan't coming out correctly

ReputationRep:
    glad the general consensus here seems to be that it was a really hard paper! there was WAAAY too much core maths in there
    maybe they'll lower the grade boundaries?

or else im going to fail.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunzy)
    glad the general consensus here seems to be that it was a really hard paper! there was WAAAY too much core maths in there
    maybe they'll lower the grade boundaries?

or else im going to fail.....

I feel exactly the same, nobody else in my college took it though so I had no idea how anyone else found it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.