The Student Room Group

How should I get the ball rolling?

I've been tipped off that a particular girl likes me, by her friend who I know. She added me on Facebook and I've sent a message saying 'Hi how are you' and stuff to which she has replied 'yeah fine thanks'. We don't really know eachother and I haven't got anything to say back! I just wanted to know what I could say to get the ball rolling and elicit a good response, as opposed to 'not much' or 'no' lol :smile:

I'm really bad at this sorta stuff and would appreciate some help. :smile:

Thanks! :yep:
Reply 1
Any knowledgable people? :smile:
Reply 2
Ask her what you'd like to know.
Reply 3
G8D
Take it to a hill, the rest is easy.

I live in a very flat area... I need to say something to it to get it rolling.

Are you going to help or give another 'smart' comment? I don't mind either way.
How big is the ball?
When you next see her in real life, ask her if she likes you because X told you so.
She'll go red/deny it (unless she is a confident chick in which all you gotta do is smile and kiss her after she says yes). Just go 'aww your embarrassed' and then say 'If I told you, that you had a nice body, would you hold it against me'. Do it in a cheesy way because that pickup line is obscenely corny, but if you pull it off it just looks like you're deflating the situation/making her more comfortable/letting her know you feel the same way about her.

Then all you do is hold strong eye contact, if she holds it for 5 seconds go in for a kiss. If she looks away due to shyness or something, just grab her hand and tell her she is going with you. Then walk somewhere.

Oh and you need to act fast, don't wait around for her to make the move because it won't happen and odds are she'll meet someone new.
JemSevenV
I've been tipped off that a particular girl likes me, by her friend who I know. She added me on Facebook and I've sent a message saying 'Hi how are you' and stuff to which she has replied 'yeah fine thanks'.

cor, she sounds smashing.
Reply 7
Ask questions about college, hobbies/interests, what shes doing at the weekend. After a few conversations of that, then talk to her in person. Good luck :wink:
to get the ball rolling at first, you gotta be brave, I was once brave and just said to a girl i liked "well, I'm popping off shop now, fancy a little walk?:smile:", yes it was over msn, seemed to work quite well though
Reply 9
Yo got her facebook anyway so you can just look up her interests then just chat about them :biggrin:
Reply 10
HumorousGent.
cor, she sounds smashing.

Lol ok, ok - You got me.

It was something to that effect, I wasn't going to give you the whole conversation as it went, verbatim. Seems awfully long winded and pointless if you can get the point with some simple words :P:
Reply 11
Madmandanxd
How big is the ball?

As big as your head.
Reply 12
Yeah look at her fb interests and just start talking about them,

like 'oh have you heard of this band...' if shes that sorta person
JemSevenV
As big as your head.

that's not to bad, drill three holes and bowl the ball. :biggrin:
Hai bbz, wnt sum luvvin?

Latest