Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

problems with *****y girls Watch

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    :ditto:

OP in year 9 I started an all girls school mid-way (in November - and it probably didn't help that it was by "default" - i'd been on the waiting list since year 7 and one of their friends didn't come back after the summer so after waiting the legal amount of time they gave up her place, despite her not wanting to give it up) and they were *****ES complete *****es, no doubt they probably said all the things you've put about me in that time, yet were nice to me to my face - to a certain extent, at the end of the year one of them snapped and basically said lots of horrible things to me like that.

Luckily we were moving house anyway, (and I had my friends from my old school who kept me sane) and I only stayed there till the end of summer (less than a year!) so 4 years on i'm much MUCH happier.

But if I went back and had actually seen them saying this stuff i'd print screen it, print it off and confront the cows.

No doubt you've probably heard them *****ing about their friends to you as well? That's what the group I used to hang around with did, (to me, not with me - the things they said were quite cruel) so if anyone says anything just tell them what they've been saying about everyone.

Oh, or you could do what I did and cut out those girls and completely change the people you hang around with (do you talk to anyone a lot in class? you could talk to them about what's been happening and they might say you should hang around with their group instead) and spend more time with your old friends to keep you sane.

it was actually a lot worse at my last school which was mixed- though generally the girls were the only ones who did the *****ing

ReputationRep:
    Be civil to them, you don't have to bring it up just rise above it. Slowly distance yourself and over time make the transition into a different friendship group? It will take time but it's possible, I did the same thing when I was at school, moved out of the *****y group into a nice group

I totally know what you're going through. I spent 3 years of my life going through stuff like that before i got the balls to get new friends. People will tell you to rise above it but it's not that easy. Some day you will get the confidence to leave them, hopefully soon!! I really hope it all works out for you

ReputationRep:
    Try not to take it too personally, some people will ***** about everything and anyone, you were just unfortunate enough to get targeted.

Maybe confront them about about it, "I'm a little confused, you're nice to my face but seem to be making horrible remarks about me behind my back. Could you explain what's going on?". That should do a nice job of simultaneously embarrassing them and making them look like complete prats.

Or just ignore them or something, if you're not brave enough.

ReputationRep:
    Don't associate yourself with them, find some real, genuine friends. And smile at those girls, *****y girls get real freaked out when you do that. I think they're afraid of happiness, like some weird *****y smile vampires.

ReputationRep:
    honestly just forget them and get another set of friends....but use them till you have the other group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    only once, they complained about how one girl never hangs out with them any more cos she's always with her bf. apart from that they havent *****ed when ive been there
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it was actually a lot worse at my last school which was mixed- though generally the girls were the only ones who did the *****ing
    I'm not denying there isn't *****ing at mixed schools, but once you reach 6th form it does usually die down - and you spend more time in mixed groups with boys and girls abd everyone generally gets a lot more mature.

Do you have friends from your other school?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.